Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Jan 2019 02:57 #2051 by DrMike
A Supernatural Encounter

Today’s Scripture

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." ( 2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV)

One of the most amazing transformations in the Bible happened when Saul—former persecutor of Christians—encountered God on the road to Damascus (see Acts 9). After his encounter, he was so radically changed from the inside out that even his name was changed to Paul. He began preaching the gospel, and eventually, went on to write much of the New Testament.

When you have a supernatural encounter with Almighty God, something is going to happen. Something is going to be transformed inside of you and radiate out into every part of your being, affecting every part of your life!

Today, I want to encourage you to prepare your heart to expect God’s supernatural touch in your life. Open the eyes of your heart to Him. I pray that you experience God in such a way that every bondage is broken off of your life, and you are forever changed by a supernatural encounter with Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I invite You to transform me into Your image. Search my heart and mind and remove anything that is displeasing to You. Show me Your glory. Reveal Yourself to me as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2019 03:19 #2052 by DrMike
The Voice of Faith

Today’s Scripture

"And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, ‘I believed and therefore I spoke,’ we also believe and therefore speak." (2 Corinthians 4:13, NKJV)

Every believer has been given a measure of faith. In order to see the promises of God come to pass in your life, you have to give expression to that faith through the words that you speak. That’s why the Scripture tells us, “Let the weak say, ‘I am strong’”—not the opposite, “I am so tired. I am so rundown.” That’s calling in the wrong things. Let the poor say, “I am well off”—not, “I am so in debt.” When you give your faith a voice, when you start speaking the promises of God, the Bible says that He watches over His Word to bring it to pass in your life. The key is that we can’t allow words of defeat or negativity to come out of our mouths. Don’t dig up your seed by speaking against His Word. Instead, water your seed by continuing to declare the Word of God. As you give your faith a voice, you will see God’s promises come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I humbly come before You giving You my thoughts, my actions and my words. Help me to activate my faith by speaking Your Word daily. May my words and thoughts be pleasing to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

15 Jan 2019 03:06 #2053 by DrMike
The Door Is Open...Will You Come?

Today’s Scripture

"For a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries." (1 Corinthians 16:9, ESV)

God is always giving us opportunities to move forward in life. God wants you to grow and reach your full potential. Anytime you take a step forward, the enemy will try to bring opposition and adversity against you. But God promises that through Him, you can overcome any opposition the enemy brings your way. When you step out in faith and the opposition comes, just keep standing strong and doing what you know to do. Keep praying, keep believing, keep reading and speaking the Word. Keep fighting the good fight of faith and going to church. Keep walking in love and forgiveness, and keep your heart tender. When the enemy sees that you are more determined than he is, he'll back down, and you will move forward to new levels of victory! Stay focused and full of joy no matter what comes against you. As you do, you will overcome every opposition and obstacle you face!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I know it is Your will that I grow strong in my faith. I want to reach my full potential. Help me to push through the doors of opportunity that You open for me-no matter what holds me back. Thank you for challenging me to live a life of victory! In Jesus' name - Amen."

16 Jan 2019 06:07 #2054 by DrMike
Marked Moments

Today’s Scripture

"…for time and chance overtake them all." (Ecclesiastes 9:11, NASB)

Before the foundation of the world, God laid out a plan for your life. He created you with a purpose, for a purpose, and He created you to be successful! He already has pivotal moments planned out for your life. These are moments when God intervenes. They are designed to thrust you years ahead. Ecclesiastes tells us that time and chance come together for every person. That means at any moment, things are going to shift in your favor. A good break,a healing, a promotion, a great idea or a restoration is coming. When you need it, it won’t be one second late. Today, open your eyes of faith and see the good things God has in store for your future. Thank Him for what He’s doing and what He’s about to do. Thank Him for divine connections and destiny moments because He is ready and willing to fulfill every dream and desire He’s placed within your heart!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for marked moments and divine opportunities in my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes no matter what the circumstances look like. I choose today to keep my heart and mind focused on Your goodness, knowing that You are a rewarder of those who diligently seek after You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

17 Jan 2019 03:12 #2055 by DrMike
Abundant Life Today

Today’s Scripture

"...I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10, NKJV)

Are you living the abundant life Jesus came to give? I’m not talking about living in the fanciest house or driving the newest car. No, His promise of abundant life goes way beyond material things that this world offers. Abundant life means “life to the full.” That means no matter what is going on around you, you stay in faith because you know God is still in control. It means having peace in the midst of a storm, being able to sleep at night, and having good relationships. You can have joy when things are uncertain. It’s easy to look at that verse and think, “God is going to give me abundant life someday.” But the truth is that God wants you to have abundant life TODAY! Don’t waste another second living in mediocrity or settling for less than God’s best. No, it's time to shake off that barely-get-by attitude and let go of what didn't work out. Instead, make room to receive His hope, joy, strength and favor. Declare that you are living the abundant life every day!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for sending Your Son,Jesus, so that I can have eternal life. I know that You want the best for me. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You so that I can walk in Your ways all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

18 Jan 2019 03:03 #2056 by DrMike
Do You See It?

Today’s Scripture

"Scripture and Reference: For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen…" (Romans 1:20, NIV)

All around you, God’s goodness is on display. The question is, do you see it? The Scripture talks about how God was in the midst of people, but they knew Him not. Too many times, God is working in our lives, showing us favor, protecting us, sending us healing, but we don’t recognize His goodness. For example, if you weren't the most qualified or the most talented but you got the promotion, that’s the goodness of God. If you’re going through a difficult time and a friend stops by out of the blue and cheers you up, that’s the goodness of God. It’s easy to see the negative, what we don’t have, what we didn’t get, but that won’t build our faith. Instead, make a decision to search for the good things God has given you. His mercy is new each morning. Look for His goodness, His favor today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for every good and perfect gift that You have given me. Thank You for ordering my steps and guiding me with Your Word. I love You and praise You today for Your faithfulness and look forward to the good things You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

21 Jan 2019 02:44 #2057 by DrMike
What God Calls You

Today’s Scripture

"Scripture and Reference: And the angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, "The Lord is with you, O mighty man of valor." (Judges 6:12, ESV)

In Scripture, God called Gideon a mighty man of fearless courage. Gideon looked around and said, "God couldn't be talking about me. I come from the poorest family, and I'm the least one in my father's house." Gideon saw himself as weak, defeated and not able. But God saw him as strong, confident and more than a conqueror. You may feel weak today, but God calls you strong. You may feel like a victim, but God calls you a victor. You may be afraid, but God calls you confident. You may be in debt, God calls you prosperous. You may be sick, God calls you well. You may be addicted, God calls you free. Today, get into agreement with God. No matter what the circumstances look like, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, "God, I agree with what You call me. I’m free, forgiven and healed in Jesus’ name!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for loving me and calling me Your own. I choose to receive Your Word which is life, health and strength to me. Fill me with Your peace and wisdom. I set my thoughts on You.” In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

22 Jan 2019 04:59 #2058 by DrMike
He Has Mercy

Today’s Scripture

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." (Galatians 6:7)

Have you ever looked at a large, old tree and wondered how long it has been there? The thing to remember when you see a tree like this is that at one time, it was merely a little seed. Just like a mighty oak tree, if you want to grow tall and strong in your faith, you must plant the good seeds of faith in your thought life through your words and water them by meditating on them so that you may reap a great harvest! Farmers may get discouraged sometimes, but they know that if they want good results, they must keep planting and watering the good seeds. Day after day, even when nothing is happening at the surface, the farmer keeps taking care of those seeds because he knows it's only a matter of time until the harvest. This is true of you as well. Keep planting the seeds of faith and declaring what God says about you in His Word, and you'll see growth and an abundant harvest.

A Prayer for Today

"God, You have given me the formula for success in the Bible. I pray today for the ability to keep planting seeds of faith even when I may not see any results. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

23 Jan 2019 03:00 #2059 by DrMike
Revive Your Joy

Today’s Scripture

"All together now—applause for God! Sing songs to the tune of his glory..." (Psalm 66:1, MSG)

There are three simple things you can do each day that will breathe new life into everything you do. First, speak words of faith and victory out loud. As a child of the Most High God, you should have a boldness when you declare, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! My path is getting brighter and brighter." Next, take time to write down the good things that God does for you each day. When you begin to look for His goodness, you will quickly discover that He is working in your life. Finally, be thankful. Take a moment every day to thank the Lord for all He has done for you. When you develop a thankful heart, you are changing your focus from how big your problems are to how big your God is!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I praise You for your life-changing power and unconditional love. I want to give new life to my relationship with You by keeping a record of blessings and answered prayers and giving thanks for Your work in my life."

24 Jan 2019 03:51 #2060 by DrMike
Choosing Your Heavenly Heritage

Today’s Scripture

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26, NKJV)

In life, we all have negative things happen to us. I know people who were raised in an environment where people have addictions, low self-esteem, depression and poverty. Their parents had issues, and now it's making things much more difficult. But when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your blood line changes. No longer are you subject to your natural family line; you become subject to your godly heritage! His spiritual blessing overrides any curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and whose you are, then no matter what someone else did or didn’t do, no matter how you were raised, you won't get bitter. You won't live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny! Remember, Almighty God breathed life into you. When you choose Him, you are choosing your godly heritage!

A Prayer for Today

"God in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus' name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds