Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Nov 2018 11:57 #2021 by DrMike
A Vital Necessity

Today’s Scripture

"Now set your heart and your soul to seek (inquire of, require as your vital necessity) the LORD your God..." (1 Chronicles 22:19 AMP)

What things do you consider a vital necessity in your life? In other words, what can’t you live without? Most people would immediately think of food, water and shelter; but in reality, we can’t really live unless our minds and hearts are set on seeking the Lord. Sure, you can exist without seeking Him, but you are called to more than just mere existence. You are called to live…to thrive…to enjoy your life abundantly! The good news is that you have complete control over what you set your mind and heart on. You decide what you think about. I encourage you today; set your mind and heart on seeking the Lord! Write down your favorite Scriptures and commit them to memory. Whenever you can, think about those verses. Meditate on God and His infinite love. Make a habit of seeking Him and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. When you require the Lord as a vital necessity, you will truly enjoy living the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I choose to set my mind on You. I seek You with my whole heart. Show me Your love and character today. Show me Your ways that I may walk and live closely with You. I love You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2018 10:36 #2022 by DrMike
No Condemnation

Today’s Scripture

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to break the curse of sin, shame and condemnation in our lives. He came so that we could see things the way God sees them. Do you know how God sees you? He sees you as valuable. He sees you as strong. He sees you as capable, talented and trustworthy. The voice of condemnation says exactly the opposite. Condemnation is a loss of value. It’s the accusing voice of the enemy that says, “You’re not good enough…you’ll never be good enough...you’re a failure.”

Condemnation is never from God. The Bible tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. When you embrace and declare God’s truth in your life, you activate His power to overcome the voice of condemnation. No matter how you may be feeling, wake up every morning and declare that the Greater One lives in you. Declare that you are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Declare that He loves you and has called you according to His purpose. Choose to see yourself as valuable, the way God sees you. Embrace His truth so that you can overcome condemnation and live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for setting me free from condemnation. Thank You for believing in me and filling me with Your vision for my life. Help me to see my life the way You see it in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

04 Dec 2018 04:46 #2023 by DrMike
Really Alive

Today’s Scripture

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as the "Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him. Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

05 Dec 2018 11:47 #2024 by DrMike
Power in His Word

Today’s Scripture

"Your word I have treasured and stored in my heart, that I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11, AMP)

Did you know that the Word of God has the power to protect you and keep you from doing the things you know you shouldn’t do? Hebrews tells us that the Word of God is living and active; it’s powerful in our lives. God communicates to us through His written Word, the Bible, and He communicates with us through His spoken Word, which can come in many ways. In Scripture, God spoke to people through a burning bush, a still small voice, and even a donkey. Today, He may speak to your heart through a friend, a worship song, or something in creation. One thing is for sure, when He does speak, your spirit knows it. There is confirmation in your inner man. God always speaks truth, and truth always sets you free!

God’s Word also protects you. When you hold His Word close to your heart, it acts like a shield around your heart. You hold His Word close to you by meditating on it, focusing on it, thinking about it and declaring it. As you allow His truth to sink into your spirit, it will empower you and change you. It will equip you to live the good life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which strengthens and protects me. Thank You for speaking truth to my heart. Help me to hear Your voice more clearly that I may live a life pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

06 Dec 2018 08:05 #2025 by DrMike
He's Working on Your Behalf

Today’s Scripture

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28, NLT)

Right now, God is working behind the scenes in your life! No matter what you may be facing, no matter what trial you may be going through, God has a plan to turn things around in your favor. Right now, He is working out a plan for your good. Right now, He is orchestrating the right people to come across your path. He is orchestrating the right opportunities to open up to you.

You may not see it in the natural, but look with your eyes of faith today. Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep following His Word. Focus on His goodness in your life, knowing that He rewards the people who seek after Him. As you meditate on the faithfulness of God and show your love for Him by following His Word, you will see His great plan come to pass. You’ll experience His peace and joy and embrace the victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength and peace today and fill me with Your faith that overcomes in Jesus’ name. Amen."

For more information about COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America, you can visit the website at cofausa.org If you would like to sign up for COFA events you can go to the cofatips.org to get notices on upcoming events.

07 Dec 2018 07:33 #2026 by DrMike
Give Thanks!

Today’s Scripture

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57, NIV)

Today, take time to reflect on and give thanks to God for all of His blessings in your life. Whether you are eating turkey, playing games with your family, watching football or visiting a friend, remember to take time to focus on God's goodness. Count your blessings and notice all the grace, favor and love that God has given you. Psalm 95:2 says to "come before His presence with thanksgiving...shout joyfully to Him with psalms."

No matter the circumstances in your life, give thanks and praise to God for all that He has done. Remember how good He is and that His love will endure forever. The Bible says that you show your love for God through your actions toward other people. Reach out to those around you this holiday season and share His love and forgiveness with them. You are blessed to be a blessing to others!

A Prayer for Today

"God, no matter what the circumstances, I always give thanks to You for the blessings in my life. Help me find the time to serve others during this busy season and, in doing so, draw closer to You in Jesus' name. Amen."

If you enjoy these short devotionals you can sign up for them at cofatips.org (hit subscribe link) and receive them Monday through Friday. COFA also has a prayer team ready to pray for your requests send those requests to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. To find out more about COFA and its outreach to outdoor enthusiasts go to the website cofausa.org

10 Dec 2018 07:35 #2027 by DrMike
Already Blessed!

Today’s Scripture

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." (Ephesians 1:3, NIV)

God has blessed you! Past tense—He’s already done it! Now, you may not feel blessed, you may not look blessed; in fact, all the circumstances may tell you that you're not blessed. But you've got to be bold enough to say, "No, I see it right here in God’s Word—I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ!”

What does it mean to be blessed? It means that you are supernaturally empowered to do whatever God has called you to do; to be whomever God has called you to be; and to have whatever God has called you to have. God’s blessing is His empowerment! The key is this: you have to believe it in order to receive it. You can’t walk around in guilt and condemnation from the past thinking you can’t do anything right and expect to keep moving forward. You have to shake off those old mindsets by declaring God’s truth over your life. Truth sets you free. When you speak God’s truth that you are blessed, you will be free to believe it and receive it! Today, take hold of what belongs to you. Approach the day with an attitude of faith and victory knowing that you are already blessed!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for blessing me with everything I need to be successful in this life. I receive Your Word today which is truth and life to my soul. Help me keep my mind stayed on You as I meditate on Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen."

11 Dec 2018 04:02 #2028 by DrMike
His Goodness Leads You to Him

Today’s Scripture

"…the goodness of God leads you to repentance?" (Romans 2:4, NKJV)

In the natural, when we’ve wronged someone, sometimes it’s easier to avoid them than to face the discomfort or potential rejection. It isn’t surprising that people sometimes have this same approach to God. Have you ever heard someone say, “If I walk into a church, the roof will cave in"? They think they should keep their distance because of what they’ve done. But nothing could be further from the truth! God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you! He’s waiting for you with open arms. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve done; know that His goodness is what’s drawing you to Him.

Today, don’t let condemnation keep you from turning to God. Trust His kindness. Trust that He wants you to experience His goodness. He wants to show you His faithfulness. He’s promised He’ll never leave you nor forsake you. Turn to Him today and let Him pour His loving kindness on you and empower you to walk in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your kindness that draws me. I come to You today giving You all that I am. Make me new in Jesus’ name. Amen."

12 Dec 2018 03:35 #2029 by DrMike
He's Working in You

Today’s Scripture

"…he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus(Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Sometimes when God is doing a work in our lives, it can begin to feel a little uncomfortable. We may encounter people who are hard to get along with or have circumstances that seem beyond our control. When this happens, instead of complaining, getting sour or trying to change everything around you, why don’t you look deep inside? Say, “Lord, thank You for doing a work in me.” See, I’ve learned that God is more interested in changing me than He is in changing my circumstances. If I choose to stay sour because I’m not getting my way or discouraged because things aren’t happening on my timetable, that’s going to keep me right where I am.

If you want to see change, if you want to see God open up new doors, the key is to bloom right where you're planted. You can’t wait until everything gets better before you decide to have a good attitude. You have to be the best that you can be right where you are. When you bloom where you’re planted, you’re allowing God to work in you, and He will be faithful to complete what He’s started in you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for doing a work in me. I choose to align myself with Your plan by blooming where I’m planted. Help me, by Your Spirit, to be an example of Your love and life everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."

13 Dec 2018 06:30 #2030 by DrMike
Love That Gives

Today’s Scripture

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NIV)

Have you ever thought about how love affects giving? I’ve heard it said that you can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving. Love prompts us to give of ourselves, our time, abilities and resources. The Bible tells us that God is love, and the world will know that we are His followers by the love we show—and giving is what shows our love! We are entering into a time of the year that the world knows as the season of giving, but let’s remember to take time to focus on the greatest gift of all, the gift of eternal, abundant life through Jesus. If you’ve never received this gift, I invite you to open your heart and pray this simple prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today, giving You all that I am. I repent of my sins and confess that I need You. I believe You died and rose for me. Be my Lord and Savior and make me new today. I receive Your love and Your gift of eternal life.” Then, go out and share the gift of love with someone else because it’s the only gift that will last in eternity!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for loving me and setting me free. I choose to serve You with my whole heart all the days of my life. Help me to love others the way You love me. Give me opportunities to be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.753 seconds