Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Oct 2018 04:20 #2001 by DrMike
New Garments

Today’s Scripture

"Provide for those who grieve…a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

Do you need a new garment today? I’m not talking about a physical garment. I’m talking about what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?” If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness and despair.

Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? It’s time for a new garment. The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore. Choose to forgive those who have hurt you and praise God for what He’s doing in your life today. If nothing else, start thanking Him for the beautiful sunrise. Thank him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. Just like this verse says, you will be as strong and secure as a tall oak tree, displaying His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555
Mike will be gone for one week, will return next Friday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2018 07:18 #2002 by DrMike
Christ Makes Everything New

Today’s Scripture

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalms 51:10, ESV)

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

If you need a new beginning in any area of your life, allow Christ to make you a new creation, and the old will pass away. He will put a new and right spirit within you when you call on His name. Make your relationship with Him your number one priority. As you develop an intimacy with Him through daily prayer and the study of His Word, you will experience the joy of newness of life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, as we enter into a new year, I choose to put You first. Wipe the slate clean as I develop a deeper personal relationship with You. Thank You for new beginnings as I walk every day with You in Jesus' name! Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

26 Oct 2018 04:53 #2003 by DrMike
The Reward of Diligence

Today’s Scripture

"The soul of the sluggard craves, and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied." (Proverbs 13:4, RSV)

God longs to pour out His favor and blessing on you. He has rewards, victory and promotion for you, but these things don’t happen automatically. You have to do your part. You have to be diligent. First of all, you have to be diligent to seek His ways and follow His commands. Then you also have to be diligent with what you have in your hand—your time, abilities and resources. In Matthew, Jesus tells a parable about three men whose employer entrusted them with some money. Two of the men were diligent and invested the money and received a great return. The third man was afraid and buried what he was given. The first two men were rewarded and praised for their diligence while the third man was basically fired. Today, follow the example of the first two men and look for ways to be diligent with what you have in your hand. Whatever you do, do it with excellence! Be the best you can be. Go the extra mile even when you think it goes unnoticed because God notices and promises to richly supply the soul of the diligent!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor and blessing on my life. Today I choose to be diligent. I choose to live in excellence and do everything to the best of my ability. I give You all the glory and thank You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen."

29 Oct 2018 03:15 #2004 by DrMike
Three Things to Do Every Day

Today’s Scripture

"Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." (Psalm 9:10, NIV)

Most times, it’s not the big events in life or the big breaks that get us where we need to be, it’s the little things, the daily disciplines that move us forward in the good things God has for us. I believe there are three things you can do every day that can change the course of your life. Number one, expect God’s goodness. Get up every day looking for God’s favor. Number two, recognize God’s goodness. There are no coincidences, no lucky breaks. It’s all the goodness of God. And number three, always thank God for His goodness. Anytime something good happens, big or little, give God the glory. “Lord, thank You for that parking spot. Lord, thank You for that idea. Lord, thank You for sending me dew in my desert.” If you do this, I believe and declare that you’re going to come into more of God’s goodness; that His blessings are going to come after you. God is going to open up supernatural doors. He’s going to turn negative situations around. Get ready because something good is coming your way! You’re going to fulfill your God-given destiny because He never forsakes those who seek after Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I do set my heart and mind on You today. I expect Your goodness because I know You are faithful. Every good and perfect thing comes from You. Thank You for Your hand of blessing on every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen."

30 Oct 2018 03:19 #2005 by DrMike
Laugh a Little

Today’s Scripture

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength." (Proverbs 17:22, NLT)

God has given you a great prescription for living a long, healthy and happy life: Laugh, and laugh a lot! The "medicine" of laughter is within everyone, but you may need to start taking it. Recent studies have shown that laughter boosts the body's immune system, reduces stress, reduces the risk of heart attack, and even acts as a natural tranquilizer. Those are health benefits everyone needs. That's why it's tragic to go through life with a stone face. The enemy has convinced too many into thinking that they need to be somber and serious in order to be a Christian. But don't fall for that trick. God wants you to laugh and live well!

A Prayer for Today

"Lord, thank You for a sense of humor and for laughter. Teach me how to enjoy this wonderful gift and share it with others in Jesus' name. Amen."

31 Oct 2018 07:07 #2006 by DrMike
Close the Door on Fear

Today’s Scripture

"and do not give the Devil an opportunity to work." (Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free—you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear, and instead, meditate on God’s promises. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony! Let His truth sink down into your heart. Declare it out of your mouth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, I come to You today declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I choose to stand on Your promises. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I move forward in victory with You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

01 Nov 2018 03:10 #2007 by DrMike
Hiding in the Right Place

Today’s Scripture

"For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock." (Psalm 27:5, NIV)

Have you ever watched children play hide and seek? They look for the best place to hide in the house or yard and wait quietly for their friend to try and find them. It’s a fun game for kids, but even as adults, we need a good place to hide from time to time. Sometimes we need a place of refuge, we need a place of safety, and we need a place to rest when we feel overwhelmed by the circumstances of life—a place where the enemy of our soul can never find us.

The good news is that God has the perfect hiding place for you! You don’t have to hide in your job. You don’t have to hide in relationships. You don’t have to hide in food or addictions because God Himself promises to hide you! He freely offers you shelter from the storms of life any time you call upon His name.

Remember, there’s only one place the enemy cannot find you. There’s only one place where the opposition cannot steal from you. There’s only one true place of safety and rest for your soul, and that is in the arms of Jesus. Know that He loves you, and He is ready to receive you when you call upon His name!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I come humbly before You giving You all that I am. Thank You for hiding me in Your shelter and keeping me safe from the storms of life. My soul finds rest in You as I seek You and praise Your holy name in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 Nov 2018 02:40 #2008 by DrMike
Choose Faith Today

Today’s Scripture

"This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9, NLT)

In the same way that faith opens the door for God to work in our lives, fear opens the door for the enemy to work in our lives.

The Bible says that fear brings torment. Fear has no mercy. If you act on fear instead of acting on faith, it will keep you depressed, miserable and lonely. So many people today are missing out on God's joy, peace and victory because they keep giving in to fear. They feed fear by what they watch on TV or read in the news or on the internet. Don't let that be you! Romans tells us that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. The more you fill your heart and mind with God's Word, the stronger your faith will be so you can stand against the powers of darkness. Choose faith instead of fear by choosing God's Word.

Remember, the power that is in you is greater than the power of fear. When thoughts come that say, "You're not able," choose faith by saying, "I can do all things through Christ!" Choose faith, overcome fear and live in the freedom God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I receive Your Word today which is life, health and strength to me. I choose to close the door on fear by guarding what I say, listen to, and dwell on. Fill me with Your love and faith as I meditate on Your Word in Jesus' name. Amen."

05 Nov 2018 03:21 #2009 by DrMike
Look What He's Doing

Today’s Scripture

"…‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty." (Zechariah 4:6, NIV)

Are you struggling or striving to make something happen? Maybe you need a breakthrough in your finances or in a relationship. It’s good to do everything we know to do in the natural, but we have to always remember that victory doesn’t come by might nor power, but by the Spirit of the living God.

One translation says, “It’s by the breath of Almighty God.” When you know God is breathing in your direction and dare to take a leap of faith and say, “Yes, this is my time; I’m going to accomplish my dreams,” that’s when you will feel a wind beneath your wings. That’s when you’ll feel a supernatural lift, an anointing that will help you accomplish what you could not accomplish on your own.

Today, know that the wind of God is blowing. This is your season. This is your time to believe again. Believe that God can open doors that no man can shut. Believe that He is working behind the scenes in your favor. Believe that it’s your season; it’s your time, and get ready to embrace every blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I choose to set my mind and heart on You. I choose to look for what You want to do in and through me. I let go of any wrong thinking, attitudes or actions that would hold me back in Jesus’ name. Amen."

06 Nov 2018 03:23 #2010 by DrMike
A Flourishing Finish

Today’s Scripture

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of disappointment or difficulty. We all have unexpected setbacks. Maybe you’re going through something right now that you don’t understand. Here’s the good news: that disappointment is not the final chapter. God never ends in a negative. If you will keep moving forward with your life, God promises that He will bring you to a flourishing finish. Not a defeated finish, a bankrupt finish, a betrayed finish, or a barely-get-by finish. No, in your future, God has a victorious finish.

That setback, disappointment or betrayal that seems like it’s working against you, God knows how to turn it around and cause it to work for you. The key is that when you’re in difficult times, don’t settle where you are. Don’t put your roots down and think that things are never going to change. No, for every setback, God has already lined up a comeback. For every injustice, He has vindication. For every disappointment, He has restoration. Right now, just begin to thank Him for what He’s going to do. Praise Him for His faithfulness. Rejoice today because He has a plan to bring you into a flourishing finish!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to cast my cares on You. I choose to trust even when I don’t understand. I choose to believe that You have a good plan and will bring me to a flourishing finish in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds