Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Jul 2018 03:40 #1951 by DrMike
Right this Way!

Today’s Scripture

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” (Psalm 37:23, KJV)

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord! Many people today might find it difficult to see themselves as “good” in the eyes of God, but did you know that in the original Greek, this word means “strong” like a warrior? In other words, when you stand strong, when you are willing to fight the good fight of faith, you are giving God something to work with. He is ordering your steps. He’s making a way when there seems to be no way. He’s clearing a path for you, and He is delighting in you. That means He is pleased with your attitude of courage. He is pleased that you are taking a stand for what is right. He is pleased that you are putting Him first place and relying completely on Him. Remember, God loves your passion for Him. He loves it when you come boldly to His throne of grace. He is honored when you stand and fight the good fight of faith. If you are facing difficulty today, know that God wants to lift you up and give you His strength. Receive it by faith today. Dig your heels in knowing that He is ordering your steps; and when God is leading you, He’s always leading you in the path of victory!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me Your supernatural joy and strength. I choose to stand strong in You no matter what is going on around me. I choose Your ways and thank You for ordering my steps. I bless You and praise You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2018 07:04 #1952 by DrMike
Make Your Move

Today’s Scripture

"And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’" (2 Corinthians 12:9, NKJV)

We all go through seasons of difficulty and face storms in life. But during those times, we have to remember that Almighty God is greater than any struggle we face! He’ll take those challenges and use them to strengthen us, but we have to do our part and take a step of faith toward the victory. Think about the caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly. When it’s wrapped in its dark cocoon on the backside of some tree, it doesn’t look like it has many options. But inside that cocoon as it becomes a butterfly, it doesn’t just sit and wait for someone to come and let it out. No, that butterfly knows that it has to make a move if it’s going to be set free to fly. In the same way, we have to do something to get out of the confining places we are in. We have to pray, we have to believe, and we have to press through to victory. Today, no matter what you may be facing, remember that His grace is sufficient for you. His strength is made perfect in you. He has given you everything you need to overcome in this life. Now is the time to break free and rise to new levels because He has victory and blessing prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for the strength to make it through any challenge I may face. I choose to put my trust in You. I declare that You are good and faithful. Thank You for equipping me for victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

23 Jul 2018 03:17 #1953 by DrMike
Joy Comes in the Morning

Today’s Scripture

"...Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning." (Psalm 30:5, NLT)

When you wake up each morning, God sends you a special delivery of joy. It comes knocking at your door. When you get up in faith and make the declaration that "this is going to be a good day," do you know what you just did? You just answered the door. You just received the gift of joy that God sent to you. The problem is that some people never answer the door. Joy has been knocking for months and months, years and years saying, "Come on! Let me in! You can be happy! You can enjoy your life!"

Make up your mind that you're going to answer the door for joy. Wake up every morning and say, "Father, thank You for another beautiful day. I'm going to be happy. I'm going to enjoy this day. I'm going to brighten somebody else's life. I receive Your gift of joy, today!"

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for joy. Thank You for peace. Thank You for walking me through the difficult times. I choose today to answer the door for joy every single morning so that I can walk in the strength You have given to me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

24 Jul 2018 03:36 #1954 by DrMike
Set Your Mind Higher

Today’s Scripture

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." (Colossians 3:2, NIV)

Sometimes when people look toward the future, they don't see how they will ever rise higher or fulfill their destiny. That's because they are looking at things in the earthly, natural realm. But if we'll set our minds higher, if we'll set our minds on things above, we will have a different perspective.

We walk by faith and not by sight. In other words, we have to believe it before we're ever going to see it. If we walk only by what we see in the natural realm, we can easily allow circumstances and fear to keep us from moving forward. But when we set our minds higher, we are walking by faith, and we can see things God's way.

Make the decision to set your mind on things above. Focus on the good things God has in store. Be determined to close the door on fear and doubt and choose to listen to that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Walk and live by faith and set your mind on higher things!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which lights the path You have for me. I choose to keep my heart and mind focused on You. I choose to meditate on Your Word knowing that it feeds my faith and sets me in a position to receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

25 Jul 2018 03:31 #1955 by DrMike
After This

Today’s Scripture

"And after this it came to pass that David smote the Philistines, and subdued them…" (2 Samuel 8:1, KJV)

Your life is not over because you had a setback. God has an “after this” in your future. He has another victory planned. He wants to take you further than you ever dreamed possible! When you go through tough times, don’t be surprised if the enemy whispers in your ear, “You’ll never be as happy as you used to be. You’ve seen your best days. This setback is the end of you.” No, let that go in one ear and out the other. God is saying to you, “After the bad break, after the disappointment, after the pain, there is still a full life.” Know today that you have not danced your best dance. You have not laughed your best laugh. You have not dreamed your best dream. If you will stay in faith and not get bitter, God has an “after this” in your future. He’s not only going to bring you out, He is going to bring you out better than you were before!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for victory in store for my future. Thank you that “after this,” I’m rising higher. I’m coming out stronger. I’m more prepared for my future. I’m better equipped and empowered to fulfill the destiny You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

26 Jul 2018 03:38 #1956 by DrMike
Content Whatever the Circumstances

Today’s Scripture

"...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." (Philippians 4:11, NIV)

It's easy to get so focused on our dreams, our goals and what we want that it consumes us. We can get to the point where we're not going to be happy until it happens. But I've found that if we have to have something in order to be happy, our lives are out of balance. When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us, when we lose our peace and are not enjoying life, that's a sure sign that we're holding on too tightly. What's the solution? You've got to release it. Freedom comes when you say, "God, I'm turning it all over to You. You know my desires, and You know what's best for me. I'm choosing to trust You and Your timing."

When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, it takes away the power of the enemy. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions, we show our faith in God. Choose to trust in His timing; choose to live in peace and joy, and find rest knowing that He has good things in store for your future.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to trust in You. I release frustration over the dreams and desires in my heart, knowing that You know what's best for me. I choose to trust in Your timing because You are faithful in Jesus' name. Amen."

27 Jul 2018 05:21 #1957 by DrMike
Delivered from All

Today’s Scripture

"'Don't be afraid,' the prophet answered. 'Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.'" (2 Kings 6:16, NIV)

Everyone has times when they feel overwhelmed or "outnumbered" by the things that are coming against them. You may have heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours." For example, just about the time the air conditioner needs repair in your house, the transmission goes out in your car. It seems like one thing happens after another. It may feel as if all of the forces of darkness are coming against you. But the Scripture promises that with God on your side, you have all the resources you need to have complete victory. You are never outnumbered because the Greater One lives in you!

The next time you're feeling anxious, fearful or worried about anything, remember, He's on your side. If God is for you, who can be against you? He promises to guide and protect you and lead you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for Your peace even in the midst of the storms of life. I know that You are with me, and I can stand strong because You will lead me into victory all the days of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

10 Aug 2018 03:38 #1958 by DrMike
Remember What He Has Done

Today’s Scripture

"Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth." (Psalm 105:5, NKJV)

Anything can become routine if we let it. Anything can feel mundane after a while. Not long ago, I was talking to a professional baseball player. He has been in the big leagues about fifteen years. His life seems so exciting, far from routine, far from ordinary. He said, “No, it’s not what you think. We travel all the time. We’re always on the road, in hotels, eating out and away from our families.”

The truth is, I’m sure he was excited about it all when he first started. There are probably things in your life that you were once excited about. When God opened the door and gave you that new job, that promotion, you were so excited. You called your friends. You knew it was God’s favor. Well, don’t let the passion wear off just because you’ve had it five years! When you met that person and fell in love, you were on cloud nine. You knew it was God’s goodness. Don’t take it for granted. Remember what God has done! Stir up the joy in your heart. Stir up praise. Thank Him for His faithfulness and let your attitude of gratitude pave the way to live the life of blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, right now I take time to remember and acknowledge Your goodness in my life. I praise You because You are good. Thank You for loving me; thank You for setting me free. Thank You for pouring out Your blessings on me and leading me into everlasting life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

13 Aug 2018 04:34 #1959 by DrMike
He is the Healer

Today’s Scripture

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3, NIV)

It doesn’t matter what is “broken” in your life today, God’s nature is to bring you complete healing. Do you need healing in your body? Your mind? Heart? Finances? Relationships? God is your healer. Notice what the psalmist says in this verse: He binds up their wounds. In the natural, if you have a broken arm, it doesn’t just heal overnight. The doctor makes a cast to hold it in place and protect it. He binds up your wound. In the spiritual realm, God does the same thing. He wraps Himself around your brokenness and protects the wounded area until it is strong enough to function properly again. The Bible also says that He is a restorer. That means that when He does a work of healing in our lives, He makes us better than we were before.

If you’re going through the healing process today, know this: it may take longer than you planned, but God is binding up your wound. He is protecting you and healing you. He will bring you out better and stronger than you were before. He will take you to a place of complete healing so that you can live the life of victory He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for being my healer. Thank You for restoring every area of my life. I give You my brokenness and everything that I am today. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen."

14 Aug 2018 03:17 #1960 by DrMike
The Reward is Set in Place

Today’s Scripture

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13, NIV)

Have you ever thought about the fact that a reward is put into place before anyone ever claims it? Right now, there are rewards for certain fugitives on the loose. That money is already in a fund just waiting for someone to step up and claim it. All a person has to do is find the fugitive, and the money will be released. In the same way, God has a reward that has already been set in place for you and me, too. It’s just waiting to be released.

But, there are conditions to that reward as well. God says, “If you will just seek Me, I will give you the reward. If you will just make an effort to please Me, if you will just get up in the morning and thank Me, if you will just read the Scripture, I’ll pour out My blessing.” You may not understand it all, but God says, “That’s okay. I will give you the reward because your heart is in the right place, and you are making the effort.”Today, there is nothing more important than seeking God in all your ways. When you go about your day, keep Him on your mind. Talk to Him and ask for His direction. Seek Him because you will find Him and find peace, abundance, joy and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for ordering my steps and pouring out Your blessing on me. I choose to put You first place in everything I do. I honor You and thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 1.044 seconds