Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Jul 2018 03:37 #1941 by DrMike
Greater Than the Past

Today’s Scripture

"The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace'..." (Haggai 2:9, NIV)

We are living in a day where God is increasing His favor. He wants to amaze you with His goodness. Maybe you have seen God's goodness to a certain degree. In reality, you haven't seen anything yet! God has favor in your future that will supersede anything that you've seen in the past.

The scripture talks about how the glory of the latter day will be greater than the glory of the former day. That means what God did for your parents or grandparents, He's going to surpass in your generation. The blessing and favor of past generations was good, but we serve a God of increase! He has greater things in store for your future!

Today, get your hopes up. Enlarge your vision. Be expecting God to bring opportunities across your path. Expect to meet the right people and get the right breaks. Prepare your heart and mind to receive the increase and blessing God has for your future!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for being the God of increase. I trust that You have great things in store for my future. I surrender every area of my mind, will and emotions as I wait on You in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2018 07:52 #1942 by DrMike
What God Calls You

Today’s Scripture

"...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]." (James 5:16, AMPC)

God loves it when you come boldly to Him! When we pray with an attitude of faith and expectancy, it shows that we believe God and His Word, and that opens the door for Him to move on our behalf.

Today’s verse tells us that when we pray earnestly and continually that it makes tremendous power available. Think about a little child asking his mother for something he really wants. That child doesn’t just ask once. Or twice. He asks continually! He doesn’t just walk away if he doesn’t get an answer right away. That child builds his case and gives every reason he should get what he is asking for!

Scripture tells us to come to God with the faith of a child. It’s not that we have to beg Him, but our determination is an expression of our faith in His goodness. When we build our case with the Word of God, we are setting ourselves up to partake of His divine blessing. Today, whatever you need, make your requests known to God. Come to Him with the faith of a child. Pray earnestly and continually and watch His power work on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I come boldly thanking You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I lift up my heart in faith to You knowing that my earnest prayers open the door for Your power to move on my behalf in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

09 Jul 2018 03:41 #1943 by DrMike
Your Future isn't Defined by Your Past

Today’s Scripture

"…If God is for us, who can be against us?"(Romans 8:31, NIV)

I heard somebody say, “Don’t let your heredity stop your destiny.” In other words, don’t let the way somebody treated you, or what they did or didn’t give you keep you from pressing forward and becoming all that God has created you to be.

The people who raised you may have had addictions, but that doesn’t have to be your future. You can be the one to break that negative cycle. Your parents may have had anger issues or never amounted to much, but you don’t have to keep letting that curse be passed from generation to generation. You can be the one to say, “No more. This is a new day! I may have had an unfair past, but I’m not going to have an unfair future. I know God put a blessing on me before anybody could put a curse, and I’m not going to let my heredity stop my destiny.”

Today, know that God is for you! Seek Him with a humble heart and break free from the bondages of the past. When you choose to put Him first in your life, then nothing can stop your destiny!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for empowering me by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for giving me new life. I choose to let go of the past. I won’t let it define me, but I will let Your truth define me and lead me into victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."

10 Jul 2018 03:40 #1944 by DrMike
Reprogram Your Life for Greatness

Today’s Scripture

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." (Romans 12:2, NIV)

My father grew up in a very poor environment. His parents lost everything during the Great Depression. He had no money, no education and no future to speak of. He had been programmed with poverty, defeat and mediocrity. He could have settled there. That's all he had seen. He could have thought, “Hey, this is just my lot in life. We’re just poor, defeated people.” But at 17 years old when he gave his life to Christ, he started reprogramming his thinking. Deep down something said, “You were made for more than this. You're not supposed to constantly struggle, to barely make it through life.” He could feel those seeds of greatness stirring on the inside. His attitude was, “This may be where I am, but this is not who I am. I may be in defeat, but I am not defeated. I'm a child of the Most High God.”

Today, no matter what has happened in your past, remember that ultimately, you can reprogram your life for greatness. You can let go of the wrong programming of the world and renew your mind according to the Word of God. Let His truth sink in so you can rise up into the greatness God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that no matter what has happened in my past, You have a good plan for my future. I choose to reprogram my mind with the truth of Your Word that sets me free to live the way You intended in Jesus’ name. Amen."

11 Jul 2018 06:44 #1945 by DrMike
You Were Not an Accident

Today’s Scripture

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)

God knew you before you were even born. What an amazing thought! He saw your unformed substance and said, “I have a purpose for this life. I have good plans for them!” Then He breathed His life into you and sent you through your mother and father. They may have had issues, but that doesn’t have to stop you from becoming all that God intended for you to be. You have been handpicked by Almighty God to be here at this time in history!

Sometimes we hear parents say, “We weren’t expecting this child. They were a surprise. They were an accident.” No, that child may have been a surprise to the parents, but they weren’t a surprise to Almighty God. No child can be born without God breathing His life into them. You may think, “Well, I was unwanted. I was an unplanned pregnancy.” No, you wouldn’t be here if God didn’t give life to your seed.

In God’s eyes, there is no such thing as being illegitimate. Remember, He knew you before you were ever born! Find confidence in His love knowing that you are a person of destiny, and you are part of His mighty plan!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me before I was ever born. Thank You for knowing me and revealing Yourself to me. I trust that You are working in my life today, even when I can't see it. I stand in faith knowing that You have a mighty plan for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

12 Jul 2018 03:34 #1946 by DrMike
Pray for One Another

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed..." (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout scripture, we see that God's system is based on the principle of sowing and reaping. If you sow blessing and mercy into the lives of others, that's what you'll reap in your life in return. The same thing happens when you pray for one another. There's a spiritual dynamic at play when you get your mind off of yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed so that God can do something in your own life.

Is there someone in your life you can pray for? Maybe it's a friend or a family member in need. They don't have to be present. You can pray for them as you go about your day or even driving in your car on the way to work. It's the connection of faith that opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf. Pray for one another and watch what God will do!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for another day to be used by You. I choose to pray for the people in my life as You have commanded. Direct my thoughts and prayers so that I can be a blessing to others and always honor You in Jesus' name. Amen."

13 Jul 2018 05:42 #1947 by DrMike
What is God Telling You to Do?

Today’s Scripture

"…And as they went, they were cured and made clean." (Luke 17:14, AMPC)

One time in scripture, there were ten lepers who saw Jesus. They hollered out, “Jesus! Have mercy on us and make us whole!” Jesus could have healed them right then, but instead, He asked them to do something to express their faith. He said, “Go show yourself to the Priest, and you will be made whole.”

It’s interesting that those lepers were not supposed to be around other people. They had to live in colonies because they were contagious and considered unclean. I’m sure they debated among themselves, “Do you really think we should go? I don’t look any better. It’s just going to be a waste of our time.” But they dared to put action behind their faith. They decided, “Jesus said if we go, we will be well. Let’s go. Let’s take a step of faith.” The scripture says, “As they went, they were made whole.”

Friend, what is God telling you to do in your heart today? Take a step of faith. Put action behind faith.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to trust in You. I choose to be obedient to You. Even when it doesn’t make sense to my natural mind, I will obey You and walk by faith. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me and healing every part of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

16 Jul 2018 03:16 #1948 by DrMike
The Spring of Laughter

Today’s Scripture

"...Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst—not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life." (John 4:14, MSG)

When you make Jesus the Lord of your life, God puts within you an eternal well that will never run dry. You have an unlimited supply of good things inside you which should be continually bubbling out of you. But Satan doesn't want your joy, happiness or laughter to flow freely. So he comes along and throws a stone of, say, worry into your well. You may think, "That's just one little stone. It's not hurting anything. The water is still flowing pretty well." But Satan will be back soon with another stone, whether it's fear, self-pity or hopelessness. If you haven't dealt individually with each of these stones and gotten rid of them, your nice, free-flowing well of good things will become clogged. Take the time today and every day to evaluate your well. Ask God to give you revelation and help you keep your well clean!

A Prayer for Today

"Lord, thank You for the spring of eternal life and joy that You have placed within me. Help me deal with the stones that can block the free flow of goodness, joy and laughter in Jesus' name. Amen."

17 Jul 2018 06:04 #1949 by DrMike
Sweet Fragrance

Today’s Scripture

"For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which exhales] unto God..." (2 Corinthians 2:15, AMPC)

Our lives are supposed to be a sweet fragrance to God. Think about how a wonderful aroma affects you personally. When it’s springtime and the flowers are blossoming, everything feels new again. The sweet aroma in the air is a sign that the flowers are fresh and alive. It catches your attention. It makes you want to take a deep breath and partake of the wonderful, sweet fragrance.

God feels the same way about you! He loves wonderful aromas, and when you are living your life to please Him, it’s a beautiful fragrance that captures His attention! Just like the aroma in springtime is a sign that the flowers are alive, the aroma of your life is a sign that Christ is alive in you. It is pleasing to the Father! The next time you experience a fresh fragrance, remember that your life is a fragrance unto God. You can rest in knowing that He is pleased with a heart that seeks after Him. As you continue to seek Him, you’ll be that sweet fragrance and experience His wonderful hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I come to You today surrendering all that I am. May everything I do please You and be a wonderful fragrance to You. Keep me close to You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

18 Jul 2018 06:42 #1950 by DrMike
Created to Thrive

Today’s Scripture

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)

So many people today are living in “survival” mode. They have a mentality that says, “If I can just make it through…” or “If I can just get by…” Of course, there are some seasons that are more difficult than others. Sometimes it’s challenging to get a vision for the future. But if you are constantly living with a survival mentality, you are missing out on God’s best. Scripture doesn’t say, “Jesus came so you could survive.” No, it says that He came to give you a full, abundant life! If you are living in survival mode right now, I believe that today can be your turning point. If you’ll take a step of faith and begin to declare, “My days of survival are over; my days of thriving have begun,” then I believe God will meet your faith. I believe He will open an unexpected door. He’ll pour out His favor and blessing on you. He’ll make a way where there seems to be no way! Even if you’re in a tough time right now, remember tough times don’t last, but the Word of the Lord stands forever. Begin to declare what God says about your circumstances because you are created for more than to just get by—you are created to thrive!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for giving me abundant life through Jesus Christ. I believe that You have a good plan for my future. I declare that my days of thriving have begun as I continue to put my faith and trust in You alone in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.777 seconds