Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 May 2018 03:37 #1911 by DrMike
A New Route

Today’s Scripture

"Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion." (Psalm 103:4, NIV)

When God puts a dream or a promise on the inside of you, He deposits within you everything you need to accomplish it. He wouldn’t give you the desire to do something without giving you the ability to fulfill it. In fact, the scripture tells us that God gives us the desires of our heart. In other words, He puts the desire inside of us and then works with us to bring it to pass.

Oftentimes, people set out to accomplish their dreams, but they face a setback or disappointment, and then they feel like their time has passed. But know this: no matter where you’ve come from, no matter what’s happened in your past, God wants to make you new. He wants to give you a fresh start. If you feel like you’ve missed opportunities in your life, if you feel like your time has passed, remember, today is a new day. You are a new person, and God has new opportunities in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, I come humbly before You today. I give You my past, present and future knowing that You will redeem my life. I release those who have hurt me. I choose forgiveness so I can be free to move forward in the new route You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2018 08:33 #1912 by DrMike
By His Grace

Today’s Scripture

“But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace.” (1 Corinthians 15:10, NLT)

In this day and age, many people are filled with worry about their future. They live stressed out, wondering, “What’s going to happen if I get laid off?” “How am I going to handle it if my loved one doesn’t make it?” Or, “My parents are getting older. How can I take care of them and my own family at the same time?” Here is the answer: God’s grace is going to be there at every stage of your life to help you do whatever you need to do. God’s grace is what saves us, but that’s not all. His grace is His enabling power. His grace will give you the strength, wisdom and favor to accomplish what you could not normally accomplish on your own. His grace is sufficient for whatever you need in your future.

If you’re in a difficult marriage, if you’re raising a child that's hard, if you’re facing a sickness, one thing you can count on is that the grace of God will be there. Receive it today by faith, and let Him empower you to walk through the difficulty into a place of victory in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy upon my life. Thank You for empowering me to rise above every obstacle. I trust that You are moving me forward into the victory You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

25 May 2018 03:33 #1913 by DrMike
See His Goodness

Today’s Scripture

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27:13, NIV)

David was going through a tough time when he made the declaration in today’s verse. Things weren’t going his way. But he said in effect, “I’m not worried. I’m not upset. I am confident I will see God’s goodness.” In other words, “This situation I’m in may be rough, but that’s not going to steal my vision. That’s not going to cause me to give up on my dreams. I am confident that this year, I will see God’s favor in a new way.”

That’s what our attitude needs to be today because what you focus on is what you will see. No matter what the medical report says, no matter what your finances look like, no matter how bad that relationship may seem, be confident that you will see His goodness! He is the all-powerful, omniscient Creator of the universe, and He holds you in the palm of His hand. Nothing is too difficult for Him. Take hold of this truth by faith and focus on His goodness today. Allow His peace to settle in your heart and mind as you move forward in His blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness in my life. I choose to focus on You today no matter what my circumstances may look like. Give me Your peace as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

28 May 2018 08:20 #1914 by DrMike
The Only Thing That Counts

Today’s Scripture

“...The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” (Galatians 5:6, NIV)

So often, it’s easy to get caught up in our to-do lists of life. You might even have a spiritual checklist, so to speak, of all the things you think you need to do in order to please God. And we should have the desire to please Him and follow His commands, but pleasing Him starts with our heart condition.

Scripture tells us in 1 Corinthians that only faith, hope and love will last into eternity. The point is that we have to adjust our focus and make sure that we aren’t just going through the motions in our spiritual walk. We can do a lot of “good” things, but if we don’t have love, they won’t matter in eternity. We can have a lot of knowledge, but if we don’t have love, it won’t do us any good. When love is the foundation for everything we do, it’s a different story. Love honors God and opens the door for the life of victory and blessing He has in store!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your blessing and peace on my life. Today, I choose love, knowing that it fuels my faith. I don’t want to go through the motions; I want to love the way You love me. Show me ways to grow in love as I keep my heart and mind fixed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen”

29 May 2018 03:10 #1915 by DrMike
He Gives You Power

Today’s Scripture

“And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth...” (Deuteronomy 8:18, NKJV)

God wants to do something great in and through you. He has promises and blessings in store for you that you haven’t even thought of yet. The scripture tells us that He gives us power to gain wealth. Wealth is simply having abundance. God wants you to live in abundance so that He can use you to be a blessing to others. When we are willing and obedient, we open the door to His promises. In other words, when we live in excellence and integrity, when we follow the Word of God, we will walk in His blessing. Like a tree planted by the water, your leaf will not wither because you are connected to an unlimited supply line.

Notice one more thing about this verse: it says that “He gives us the power to be blessed.” See, God gives us the ability. He gives us creative ideas and inventions, but we have to be diligent, do our part, and step out and use what He’s given us. We have to sow seed in order to see the harvest that He has promised. Receive His power today and choose a life of integrity so that you can move forward into the abundant life He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the power to live in abundance. I choose to be faithful to You and Your Word. I choose to diligently follow Your commands and ask that You bless everything I set my hands to in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 May 2018 11:35 #1916 by DrMike
Call It Like You See It

Today’s Scripture

“...God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did.” (Romans 4:17, NKJV)

One thing I’ve learned is that God calls the things that are not as if they already are. He doesn’t call you what you are; He calls you the way He sees you. That’s because He creates with His words, and you do, too.

When I stepped up to start COFA several years ago, I’d never ministered before. I was afraid. I felt unqualified, inexperienced and intimidated. The whole time, on the inside, I could hear that still, small voice saying, “Mike, you are well able. You can do all things. You have what it takes. You are strong in the Lord.” God was calling me something that I was not. I was not strong and bold and confident. I was weak, insecure and intimidated. Somehow, I had the faith to believe what God said about me. It didn’t happen overnight, but little by little, I became what God called me.

Today, follow His example and call things that are not as though they are. Look through your eyes of faith and call it like you see it. Don’t use your words to talk about your situation; use your words to change your situation. Keep speaking words of faith, keep praying, keep believing and keep moving forward into the bright future He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, today I choose to look through my eyes of faith and call things that are not as though they are. I declare victory over every area of my life no matter what is happening around me. Thank You for the gift of faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

31 May 2018 03:26 #1917 by DrMike
As You Have Declared

Today’s Scripture

“Now may the Lord’s strength be displayed, just as you have declared.” (Numbers 14:17, NIV)

Scripture tells us that there is creative power in the words we declare. In the same way that God created the world with His words in Genesis 1, we “create” our own world with our words. We can create an atmosphere of peace, joy, power and love with our words, or we can create an atmosphere of strife, confusion and defeat.

Today, I encourage you to use your words to open the door for God to move by declaring His Word over your life. Declare that His strength is at work in you. Declare that no weapon formed against you is going to prosper. As you declare God’s Word over your life, you’ll see it come to pass. You’ll feel His strength, joy and victory rising up inside of you so that you can embrace the life of blessing He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I recognize that there is creative power in the words that I speak. Help me, by Your Spirit, to use my words for good. Remind me to always declare Your truth over my life and over the lives of others. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 Jun 2018 05:59 #1918 by DrMike
He is Strong in You

Today’s Scripture

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness...” (Romans 8:26, NLT)

Sometimes, people get distracted by what they consider to be a disadvantage or weakness in their lives. It may be something about their personality or looks that they don’t like. Or, maybe they’ve been through an unfair situation: a divorce, a bad business deal or a bad break. We all have things that can feel like disadvantages; things that make it harder on us. It may even be a physical handicap, and you can’t get around like you used to. But just because you have a “disadvantage,” just because you’ve been through a tough time doesn’t mean you’re supposed to sit back and settle where you are. God still has something great for you to do! He wants to show Himself strong in and through you, and He’s given you His Holy Spirit to equip you in this life.

Today let the Holy Spirit help you when you feel weak. Let Him empower you with truth that will set you free. Stay in faith and don’t get negative toward yourself or your future. Let God take what you think is a liability and turn it into an asset! Let Him take what you think is a disadvantage and turn it around to be an advantage! Remember, you are more than a conqueror today and every day because He is strong in you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I give You all that I am. I invite You into the weak places in my life so that You can turn them into strengths. Thank You for working in my life and filling me with faith and expectancy in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

04 Jun 2018 03:32 #1919 by DrMike
Something Out of Nothing

Today’s Scripture

“The earth was formless and empty...and God said, ‘Let there be light’...” (Genesis 1:2–3, NIV)

Do you need a miracle in your life for something that seems impossible? With man it may be, but we serve the all-powerful God, and He can create something out of nothing! He can make a way when there seems to be no way and open doors that seemed closed forever!

Genesis tells us that in the beginning, God created the heavens and earth, but before He spoke the world into existence, it was formless and void. If God can make the world out of nothing, He can take the empty places in your life and create something beautiful, too! He can speak light into your darkest hour. He can take your formless dreams and give them shape. He can resurrect your dormant gifts and talents! He can make your crooked places straight!

Remember, you are created in the image of almighty God. There’s power in your words, and there’s power when you’re in agreement with Him. Start saying what God says about your situation. Speak life to your broken dreams today. Speak hope into the hopeless places. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy because He will turn things around for you and create something out of nothing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I trust that You are willing and able to make a way for me where there seems to be no way. Fill me with Your peace and hope. Give me a vision for all You have for me and thank You for making something out of nothing in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Jun 2018 07:53 #1920 by DrMike
You Have the Advantage

Today’s Scripture

“...His favor is for a lifetime...” (Psalm 30:5, AMP)

One definition of the word “favor” is an advantage for success. When you put God first, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor which means you have the advantage for success! Even if someone may have wronged you and it looks like they have the upper hand, even if it looks like things are never going to change, keep reminding yourself, “I have an advantage. God is in control of my destiny. He’s fighting my battles for me. He is my Vindicator. And it’s just a matter of time before things change in my favor.”

In Hebrews it says, “Don’t cast away your confidence.” One translation says “payday is coming.” In the difficult times, you have to remind yourself that payday is on the way! God is a faithful God. If you’ll keep doing the right thing, honoring Him and expecting His favor, God promises that He will pay you back. He will restore everything in your life that the enemy has stolen. Remember, you have the advantage today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace, mercy and everlasting favor. I open my heart and mind to You and receive everything You have for me. Thank You for favor and healing in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.792 seconds