Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Jun 2018 03:38 #1921 by DrMike
True Success

Today’s Scripture

“...Freely you have received; freely give.” (Matthew 10:8, NIV)

There are a lot of people who are successful in this world. They’ve accomplished their goals in the public eye. But being successful isn’t just about what you make happen for yourself, it’s about what you make happen for others. It’s when you realize, “God has blessed me not to just sit on my throne and let everybody see my accomplishments; God has blessed me to be a blessing to others. God has helped me to win so I can help somebody else win.” In other words, it’s when you realize, “God helped me overcome this addiction, now I’m going to find somebody and help them overcome.” Or, “God has blessed me with a happy family. I’m going to go find a family who is struggling and help them get back on track.” That’s what being successful is really all about.

Today, look for ways to help others succeed. Reach back and give freely of the talents and abilities you’ve been given. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and live in the fullness of the blessing God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me so much. Thank You for blessing me with talents and abilities and the desire to bless others. Show me ways to reach out and help others move forward and be successful so we can all rise higher together in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2018 08:51 #1922 by DrMike
Look for Opportunity

Today’s Scripture

“Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains.” (Colossians 4:3, NLT)

Paul was writing these words while he was in chains in prison. He was arrested for preaching the gospel. Everything in his surroundings shouted “limitations,” but instead of looking at his surroundings, Paul kept his eyes on the limitless God. He kept looking for the open door of opportunity that God would have for him next.

No matter what “chains” you may feel like you are in today, remember, we serve a God who’s in the business of setting people free. Remember, He has equipped you with His power. He’s promised to walk with you all the days of your life. When doors look closed all around you, when your surroundings look limited, when you feel like you’re in chains, remember, God is still at work in your life. Like Paul, keep your hopes up. Keep expecting. Keep believing. Pray for those opportunities to be opened to you. If you fall, get right back up and press forward with even greater determination to accomplish the dream that God has planted in your heart. The prayer of the righteous avails much, so keep praying because He promises to break the chains and open doors of opportunity in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, I choose to take my eyes off my surroundings and focus on You. I choose to focus on the passion and dream You’ve planted in my heart. I trust that You are working behind the scenes, and opening doors of opportunity in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

08 Jun 2018 12:11 #1923 by DrMike
As You Wait

Today’s Scripture

“Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.”(James 5:7, NLT)

God has placed dreams and desires in every person’s heart. But most times, there’s a season of waiting involved. Maybe you’re waiting for a relationship to improve, waiting to get married, waiting for a promotion, or waiting to overcome an illness. Much of life is spent waiting. But there’s a right way to wait and a wrong way to wait. Too often, when things don’t happen on our timetable, we get down and discouraged or anxious and fretful. That’s because we’re not waiting the right way.

Notice that today’s verse doesn’t say “if” you wait, it says “as” you wait. The fact is that we’re all going to wait. It goes on to say that we should consider how the farmer waits—patiently and eagerly. We’re not supposed to sit around discouraged; we’re supposed to be hopeful, positive and full of expectancy!

Today, no matter what you are praying for, expect things to change in your favor. Today could be the day that God turns it all around. As you wait with patience and expectancy, you’ll seed God open the door to the abundant harvest He’s promised in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to wait expectantly for You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I put my faith and hope in You knowing that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Jun 2018 06:31 #1924 by DrMike
Fulfilling the Law of Christ

Today’s Scripture

“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2, NIV)

When we live in peace and unity, it pleases God. When we love and serve others, putting their needs above our own, we are honoring Him. When we carry each other’s burdens, we are fulfilling the law of Christ, which is to love others.

What does it mean to carry each other’s burdens? There are many ways to reach out to people and help shoulder their load, so to speak. Just by giving an encouraging word or smile, you can help lighten the load for someone. When you pray and intercede for others in their day of difficulty, you are helping to carry their burdens. Maybe there are other ways to help the people around you. Maybe you can pay for someone’s groceries or give someone cash at the gas pump. Anytime you help others and reach out to those in need, Scripture says you are directly lending a hand to God Himself.

Today, look for ways to lighten the load for the people around you. Be a burden lifter. Remember, in God’s kingdom what you sow, you shall reap. When you help others, God promises to repay you. He’ll pour out His victory and blessing on you all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I want to fulfill Your law of love by serving and helping others. Show me how to be a blessing to the people around me so that I can help carry their burdens in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Jun 2018 03:24 #1925 by DrMike
God is For You

Today’s Scripture

“What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” (Romans 8:31, NLT)

There are many misconceptions about God in the world today. Some people think He’s mad at them, and other’s think He’s keeping a list of all their wrongs. But that isn’t what Scripture tells us. Scripture tells us that God is gracious, patient and loving; that He is forgiving and doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve. Scripture tells us that God is for us, and if God is for us, who can be against us?

Think about that for a moment. The same God who created the heavens and earth, the one who spoke the universe into existence and knows everything about you, He is on your side and wants the best for you. Today’s verse is a great reminder that when God is for you, no one can win against you. Not the pain of your past. Not any mistake you’ve made. Not the forces of hell, your worst enemy, a bad economy, a difficult housing market or anything else on this earth.

Today, instead of dwelling on what you’re not, dwell on what He is—He is faithful, He is loving, He is with you, and He is for you! And with God on your side, you are headed for victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, You are good! Thank You for choosing me and equipping me with everything I need in this life. Thank You for being my Defender, my Hope and my Victory. I bless You and glorify You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Jun 2018 03:15 #1926 by DrMike
Grow Your Faith

Today’s Scripture

“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Scripture tells us that every person has been given a measure of faith. Faith can grow and increase, or it can be diminished. Notice today’s scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It’s by hearing—present tense. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant. But most of the time, we need to hear God’s truth over and over again in order for it to become active in our lives. The more we hear the Word, the more His truth chisels away at the doubt and unbelief that’s been built up over the years. His truth sets us free and causes our faith to grow!

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. Your faith needs to be watered by His Word. It can be as simple as selecting a few scriptures to meditate on daily. Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Read them out loud over and over. Let His truth sink down into your heart and move you forward into the freedom and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Jun 2018 03:16 #1927 by DrMike
A Brand New Thing

Today’s Scripture

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun!..." (Isaiah 43:19, NLT)

Can you see the “brand new thing” God is doing in your life? Sometimes it’s easy to see the hand of God moving, and sometimes the storms of life can cloud our vision. But no matter where you are in life today, meditate on this truth that God is working even when you can’t see Him. Like a seed buried deep in the ground, it may seem dark and lonely and there may be dirt all around, but that is place where life springs forth. Trust that God is doing a new thing! You can trust Him because He is faithful!

His plan for you today is blessing. His plan is to give you a future and a hope. His plan is to do a new thing in your life. Let go of the thoughts of the past and open your heart to what God is doing today. Ask Him to show you what He’s doing. Ask Him to reveal it to your heart. Seek Him and you will find Him and see the brand new think He’s doing in you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for doing a work in me, even when I don’t see it. Thank You for the brand new thing You have. I open my heart and put my faith and trust in You in Jesus’ name! Amen."

“Father, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

15 Jun 2018 03:15 #1928 by DrMike
Positioned to Receive

Today’s Scripture

"If you believe, you will receive..." (Matthew 21:22, NIV)

All through the Bible, there are so many promises of what God has already done for us. It says in Ephesians that “God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing.” It says in Colossians that “God has made us worthy.” There is mercy for any mistake we will ever make. It’s already been taken care of. He paid the ultimate price through the death, burial and resurrection of His Son, Jesus. He’s done His part. Now it’s up to us to do our part. We have to start believing it so we can receive.

In the natural, when someone gives you a gift, what’s the first thing you say? “Thank you.” When you give thanks, it’s a sign that you are receiving the gift. Today, receive what God has given you by saying, “Father, thank You for Your mercy. Thank You for supplying all of my needs. Thank You for Your goodness in my life.”

As you learn to give Him thanks, you are learning to receive from Him. Open your heart by faith today and thank Him for all of the blessings He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I come to You today giving You thanks and praise for Your faithfulness in my life. I receive Your Word which is life and strength to my soul. Help me to keep my heart focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

18 Jun 2018 03:35 #1929 by DrMike
Who Will Receive the Blessing?

Today’s Scripture

"Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation." (Psalm 24:3-5, NKJV)

God wants you to receive every blessing that He has in store for you. In His Word, He tells you about His wonderful blessings, but He also tells you how to receive His blessings—by having clean hands and a pure heart.

How are we made pure and clean? By the blood of Jesus! We receive Him as our Lord and Savior and choose to live for Him. Most of the time, it’s not the big things that keep us from God’s best; it’s the small things. Maybe it starts with an offense that turns into unforgiveness. Maybe you watch something on TV or the internet that you know you shouldn’t, and it becomes a bad habit that steals your time and pollutes your mind.

Today, make the decision to let go of anything that would keep you from His blessings. Be a person of excellence and integrity. Treat others with respect and kindness and look for ways to be a blessing. Be determined to live a life that pleases God so that you can receive the abundance He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the blood of Jesus that cleanses and renews me. I choose to turn away from anything that displeases You so that I can live righteously before You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 Jun 2018 06:01 #1930 by DrMike
Seeing the Way God Sees

Today’s Scripture

"In this new life, it doesn't matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free..." (Colossians 3:11, NLT)

When God looks at mankind, He doesn’t see us as different races. He doesn’t see different social standings. He doesn’t see color or creed. God looks past all the superficial things that our culture seems to magnify—what we wear, what we drive and what we look like—and He sees us all the same; not black or white, just His beautiful creation. Not upper class or lower class; just one big family.

Sometimes people make the mistake of judging a whole race by a few people. We make sweeping generalizations, and it keeps us from enjoying the people God places in our lives. Today, if you’ve been looking at others through the traditions of the world, why don’t you open the eyes of your heart and see others the way God sees them? We are all here by His design and called according to His purposes. When we see others through His eyes, we can come together in unity and receive the blessing He has prepared for us!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I release every prejudice and judgmental attitude to You. I ask You to fill my heart with Your love and help me to see others the way You see me. Thank You for doing a work in my life and opening doors of blessing and increase before me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.959 seconds