Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

07 Nov 2018 03:13 #2011 by DrMike
He Meets Your Needs

Today’s Scripture

"Philippians 4:19, NASB" (And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have access to everything He is: peace, provision, protection and more. That means no matter what is happening in the world today, as you obey God's Word, your needs will be met. No matter what is going on with the economy, gas prices or housing market, God is still your Source; and if your Source is okay, then you are okay, too. Rest assured, there is no lack in heaven!

Not only is God able to meet your needs, He wants to meet your needs. It gives Him great pleasure to bless and prosper you. Expect that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Look for His hand of provision in your life and praise Him for His faithfulness. Do whatever He says to do and watch Him open the windows of heaven!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your provision in my life. Thank You for loving me and guiding me. I trust that You are meeting every one of my needs today. Help me to follow Your commands that I may honor You in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2018 06:32 #2012 by DrMike
Garment of Praise

Today’s Scripture

"And provide for those who grieve…a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

What are you wearing today? Not on your physical body, but what’s covering your mind and emotions? Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?"

If you’ve recently gone through a hurtful or disappointing situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve. It’s important to go through that process and release the hurt to God. But the Bible also says that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness or despair. He wants to exchange your hurt for His healing. He wants to fill you with His peace and joy.

Are the garments of yesterday holding you back and weighing you down? Maybe it’s time to exchange that heaviness for His garment of praise. Maybe it’s time to release those heavy burdens. It’s time to forgive those who have hurt you and begin to praise your way to victory! Just start right now by thanking Him for the life you have today. Thank Him for the opportunities today has to offer. Thank Him for the beautiful sunrise. When you wear that garment of praise, you’ll stand strong and display His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You asking that You take my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

12 Nov 2018 02:47 #2013 by DrMike
Garment of Praise

Today’s Scripture

"And provide for those who grieve…a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

What are you wearing today? Not on your physical body, but what’s covering your mind and emotions? Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?"

If you’ve recently gone through a hurtful or disappointing situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve. It’s important to go through that process and release the hurt to God. But the Bible also says that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness or despair. He wants to exchange your hurt for His healing. He wants to fill you with His peace and joy.

Are the garments of yesterday holding you back and weighing you down? Maybe it’s time to exchange that heaviness for His garment of praise. Maybe it’s time to release those heavy burdens. It’s time to forgive those who have hurt you and begin to praise your way to victory! Just start right now by thanking Him for the life you have today. Thank Him for the opportunities today has to offer. Thank Him for the beautiful sunrise. When you wear that garment of praise, you’ll stand strong and display His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You asking that You take my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen."

14 Nov 2018 03:35 #2014 by DrMike
Friends

Today’s Scripture

"The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense." (Proverbs 27:9, NLT)

Friends help make this life a little better each day. You can probably think of multiple instances where a good friend changed the day for you and made you look on the brighter side. That's exactly what God intended friendship to be. True friends know you well; they give you wise advice from the Word of God. No ministry would ever get off the ground without support from friends in the faith, and this ministry is certainly no exception. The wonderful things God has done through this outreach are a direct result of the commitment that friends like you have made to stand with us in reaching out to millions of people around the world. Everyone needs a faithful friend. So why not make a commitment today to be a friend to someone who needs you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for the friends that You have put in my life. May I be the encourager and strengthener that I know You want me to be in Jesus' name. Amen."

15 Nov 2018 03:11 #2015 by DrMike
Give Your Faith a Target

Today’s Scripture

"Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see." (Hebrews 11:1, NLT)

So many people today are depressed and discouraged simply because they only focus on their present circumstances. They’re constantly dwelling on their problems, what they don’t have, and what’s wrong with them. They don’t realize it, but they’re allowing the enemy to steal their hope. This negative frame of mind is what keeps people from moving forward in life.

Understand today that faith is confidence and assurance about the things we hope for according to the promises of God. Like an arrow, your faith points to the target of hope. If you don’t have hope, that arrow of faith will just drop to the ground. It won’t accomplish anything. But when you keep your hopes up, when you keep expecting and believing, it’s as if that target gets larger and larger--easier to hit!

Choose today to live with an attitude of expectancy. Get your hopes up! Start by taking captive any negative thoughts you may have one at a time. As you focus on God’s goodness and faithfulness, you’ll feel that hope inside you growing. You’ll give your faith a target, and you’ll move confidently into the blessings and peace the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I surrender every thought to You. I choose to release my cares and concerns so I can focus on Your goodness in my life. Thank You for the gift of faith to see the impossible become possible as I continue to place my hope and confidence in You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

16 Nov 2018 03:11 #2016 by DrMike
Anxious for Nothing

Today’s Scripture

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Philippians 4:6, NASB)

So many people today are living uptight, worried and anxious about the future, filled with frustration and concern. In the natural there may be good reason, but understand, that is not God’s best. God doesn’t want us to live in anxiety and frustration; He wants us to live in peace. You can find rest in Him knowing that no matter what is happening around you, God Almighty has His hand on you.

The next time you’re tempted to worry or be anxious about something, remember this verse. God invites us to come to Him. In fact, the Bible says He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. But notice, we can’t just come to Him any old way. He wants us to come to Him with a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving. Begin by simply saying, “Father in heaven, thank You for the privilege to come before You. Thank You for hearing my prayers.” As you come to Him with an open and humble heart, He will hear you and fill you with His peace and joy all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I choose to be anxious for nothing. I choose to set aside my worries and concerns. I thank You for Your faithfulness to meet every need in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 Nov 2018 03:09 #2017 by DrMike
The Principle of Faithfulness

Today’s Scripture

"...Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!" (Matthew 25:23, NIV)

In the book of Genesis, we see that God established a system of sowing and reaping in the earth. When we are faithful with what God has placed in our hands, we position ourselves for increase. Many people pray, “God bless me!” But God is saying, “Are you being faithful with what I have given you?” Scripture tells us that when we are faithful with the little, God will make us ruler over much.

Remember, you can't reap a harvest without first planting seeds. God has given each of us seeds to sow, so don't hold on to them! Be faithful to give, be faithful to pray, be faithful to speak life over your future. Develop faithfulness in the small things. Develop faithfulness in your character. Be on time. Keep your word. Be dependable. As you develop faithfulness, God will see your good works, and He’ll make you ruler over much!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your promise of faithfulness to me. Make me a faithful follower of You as I seek to serve You in all I do in Jesus' name. Amen."

20 Nov 2018 03:22 #2018 by DrMike
Faith and Righteousness

Today’s Scripture

"Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness." (Genesis 15:6, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to be righteous or to be in “right standing” with God. The Bible simply says that when we believe God, that’s righteousness.

The proof, or evidence, of our faith in Him is found in our actions. Faith without works is dead. That means when we really believe something, our actions will support what we believe. Because Abraham believed God, he obeyed His word and left his father’s land even when he didn’t know where he was going. In the same way, when we believe God, we have to leave some things behind in order to embrace the new life He has in store. As you let go of the old and, by faith, embrace God’s promises, know that He is leading you down paths of righteousness for His name’s sake! Keep believing and keep stepping out, knowing that your best days are ahead of you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to accept and believe Your Word by faith. Thank You for making me righteous and help me to follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

21 Nov 2018 03:09 #2019 by DrMike
Overcoming Disappointments

Today’s Scripture

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." (Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

The Bible tells us that every person, no matter how much faith they have, no matter how good they are, will face disappointments. It may be something simple like not getting the promotion you hoped for, or not closing a business deal you worked so hard on. Maybe you didn't qualify for a house you really wanted, or maybe something more serious happened like a relationship not working out, the death of a loved one, or some kind of illness in your body. Whatever it may be, the reality is that we're all going to suffer some setbacks. I believe one of the main keys to overcoming disappointments is learning to let go of the past.

If you feel "stuck" today, you may want to examine what you're holding on to. Be willing let go of past disappointments by choosing forgiveness. Who hurt you? Who wronged you? Release it to God. Do you need to forgive yourself? Do you need to receive God's forgiveness? Make the choice today to forgive. Let go of the past so you can overcome disappointments and experience the bright future God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, search my heart and mind today. Show me any area where I may be holding on to the past. Help me to receive Your forgiveness so that I can extend forgiveness to others and move forward in the wonderful plan You have for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

Please note: Mike will be out of town and the devotionals will resume Weds November 28th, have a blessed Thanksgiving.

28 Nov 2018 03:11 #2020 by DrMike
It's Only Temporary

Today’s Scripture

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

In this world, we all have troubles and trials, but aren’t you glad that Scripture promises that they are only temporary? Today’s verse tells us they are momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles won’t last long at all! The second part of this verse tells us that when we stand strong in faith during times of adversity, we are building that faith and achieving eternal glory. When you confess your trust and reliance on God, you are passing the test!

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that Jesus is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the one who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you as you yield yourself to Him. Your part is to seek Him daily. Follow His commands. Open your heart and choose to speak His Word which is alive and active. Remember, your trials are only temporary, but His eternal glory outweighs it all!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You, knowing that my trials and troubles are only temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds