Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Feb 2019 03:12 #2071 by DrMike
Choose to Rejoice

Today’s Scripture

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24, ESV)

Joy is a tough word to pinpoint and define. Many people describe joy as an emotion or feeling that comes over you in a great and shining moment. Sometimes joy is just the opposite of being sad, but hopefully, it's much more than that to you. Joy is not the same as happiness because joy is what God has put in your heart while happiness is a temporary mood that can come and go based on your circumstances. And joy is not dependent on what’s happening around you; joy is deep down within you, a calm delight. You’re at peace; you’re content. The Bible talks about the kind of overflowing joy that rises up from deep within your heart because of what God has done for you. He keeps that spring full and flowing, which is why you can choose to live in joy today, tomorrow and every day after. Joy like this is contagious, and the world is looking for it.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I choose joy today! Thank You for placing in my heart a deep well of joy that I can draw from each day in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2019 03:10 #2072 by DrMike
Get Filled Up!

Today’s Scripture

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." (Matthew 5:6, TLV)

Sometimes, it’s easy to get wrapped up in taking care of the people around us. You may find that you’re always giving, taking care of the children, working overtime at the office, or helping that friend who is struggling. And that’s all good. But if you’re not careful, you can end up feeling rundown. That’s why you have to take time every day to get filled back up. Your first priority should be taking care of yourself and making time to get into the presence of Jesus. Throughout Scripture, we see that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace and fullness of victory. In His presence, you’re refreshed and restored.

That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to read your Bible and meditate on His promises. We have to be diligent to have that quiet time with Him. Today, take time to get alone with God and just say, “God, I love You today. Thank You for my life, for my family, for the opportunities You’ve given me. Lord, I know every good thing comes from You.” When you live like that, with your mind filled with His Word and His thoughts toward you, you’ll be refreshed, restored, re-energized and filled up for the journey of life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank you for filling me with Your strength. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I can be righteous in You. I hunger for Your truth and seek You first. Draw me to You and keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

12 Feb 2019 04:41 #2073 by DrMike
Believe and Receive

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24, NIV)

Has God spoken things to your heart that haven't come to pass yet? Sometimes when we are believing for things, it’s easy to become discouraged when it doesn’t happen according to our timetable. But when you make the choice to receive your promise by picturing it in your mind's eye and declaring it with the words of your mouth, your faith becomes stronger. You begin to have joy and peace because you know God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. What are you believing for God to do in your life? See it in your mind's eye. See yourself healed. See yourself paying off that last debt. As you allow God's thoughts to become your thoughts and receive His promises by faith, just like it says in today's verse, whatever you ask for in prayer will be yours!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to serve You. Thank You for the gift of faith. I ask that you search my heart and mind and remove anything that does not please you. Give me your thoughts of peace and joy today so that I can learn to receive all you have for me today. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

13 Feb 2019 03:27 #2074 by DrMike
Strength to Conquer

Today’s Scripture

"For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them." (Psalm 44:3, NKJV)

Do you need God's strength to conquer something in your life today? Maybe you need strength to forgive or to overcome an addiction. Maybe you need strength to deal with a difficult person in the office. No matter what you may be facing, God desires to give you His supernatural strength in every situation. It's interesting that one translation of this verse says, "because God smiled upon them and favored them." Did you know that simply calling on God causes Him to smile on you? Because you are His child, you have His favor! God loves to show Himself strong on your behalf. Be strong in the Lord knowing that He is with you, smiling upon you, and showering you with His favor. As you meditate on this promise, you will be strengthened to overcome every obstacle, and you will live a life of victory!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank you for smiling on me today. I ask that you show me your favor so that I can walk in your strength today. Thank you for equipping me with everything I need to live as an overcomer. I bless you and choose to honor you in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

14 Feb 2019 03:15 #2075 by DrMike
Listen Up!

Today’s Scripture

"After the earthquake a fire, but Adonai was not in the fire. After the fire there was a soft whisper of a voice." (1 Kings 19:12, TLV)

Listening is a lost art today. We can be so concerned about expressing our thoughts and opinions that we don't listen closely to others—or even to God. If we're not careful, distractions and busyness can drown out the voice that matters most in our lives, the voice of our heavenly Father. The good news is that you can learn to tune out the negative noise of the world and start listening for God's voice, for hopeful, positive, faith-filled thoughts. Be receptive and listen for His still, small voice on the inside of you. God speaks not only through the Bible but also through godly counsel and His Holy Spirit. All it takes is a simple prayer like the one Samuel prayed in 1 Samuel 3:10 when he said to God, "I am listening." Then be ready to listen for His answer.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for answering my prayers. Give me the wisdom and discernment to hear Your still, small voice through the loudness of this world. In Jesus' Name. Amen.God, thank You for answering my prayers. Give me the wisdom and discernment to hear Your still, small voice through the loudness of this world. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

15 Feb 2019 03:16 #2076 by DrMike
Jump Over that Wall!

Today’s Scripture

"With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." (Psalm 18:29, NIV)

The great heroes of the Bible impress us with their strength, their confidence and the depth of their faith. And as God's Word tells us, you can do the same great things they did because you have the same God in you! King David was supremely confident in God—firm in the knowledge that God would give him the strength to overcome his obstacles. God can cause you to go over them, around them, or even through them, but God will get you to where you’re supposed to be. Philippians 4:13 says you can have strength "for all things" through the power of Christ in your heart. We hope this will encourage you to take a stand for God. Don't ever think that God did great things only for people in the days of the Bible. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Call on Him, and you'll see Him come through and do what only He can do!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for the invincible and unexplainable power which You have placed within me through Christ. My deepest desire today is to be confident in Your power. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

20 Feb 2019 06:06 #2077 by DrMike
Choose Worship Over Worry

Today’s Scripture

"...For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." (2 Chronicles 20:12, NIV)

You can't worry and worship at the same time. When the devil brings you thoughts of worry, anxiety and fear, don't believe them! Instead, let those thoughts be a reminder to you to thank God that the answer is on the way! That's what King Jehoshaphat did. The people of Judah were surrounded by three major armies. It didn't look as though they had a chance. This godly king was probably bombarded with thoughts of fear and anxiety. But he gathered the people together, lifted his eyes toward heaven, and prayed the simple prayer in today's verse. Jehoshaphat's prayer was answered. God told the people to march right into the enemy's camp, singing and shouting praises on their way. Notice, they weren't worrying—they were worshiping—and God delivered them. Today, choose worship over worry and move forward into victory!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for Your forgiveness. I know that I don't deserve it, but I praise You for faithfully forgiving me. Help me to clear any roadblocks in my path by forgiving others, even as You forgive me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

20 Feb 2019 08:05 #2078 by DrMike
New Every Morning

Today’s Scripture

"Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning…"(Lamentations 3:22–23, NKJV)

You may have made a lot of mistakes, but the good news is, you don't have to carry that around with you. That's part of what the Scripture means when it says that God's mercies are new every morning. God's mercy and forgiveness are available to you every day. His compassions never fail. He makes a fresh new batch every single morning. Do you know why? Because He knew you were going to use up all that He made yesterday! That means that as soon as you call on Him and repent and change your ways, God pours out His compassion and forgiveness. Simply open your heart and receive it.

Do you feel like there's something between you and God right now? Take a moment and call on His faithfulness. Call on His mercy. Ask for His forgiveness. Don’t carry around yesterday’s mistakes any longer. Let Him refresh and restore your soul right now. Praise Him and thank Him for the work He is doing in your life and enjoy a fresh, new beginning today!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your justice in my life. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. I choose to trust You today. I choose to release every person who has wronged me. Help me to forgive so that I can open the door for You to work in my life today. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

20 Feb 2019 08:09 #2079 by DrMike
Take Time to Reflect

Today’s Scripture

"...he leads me beside quiet waters." (Psalm 23:2, NIV)

If you've ever said to yourself, "I don't even have time to think," then you know how hard it is to concentrate when you're being bombarded with noise from all sides. It can be even harder to hold on to peace when we don't make time to read His Word. God doesn't often shout to get our attention. Instead, the Bible says that He speaks in "a still, small voice" (1 Kings 19:12), which means we need to listen closely. What can you do to put yourself in a position to hear God's voice? The key is to make time every day away from the busyness and distractions. Find a room in your house, outside under the trees, or some other place where you can be still for a few minutes each day to spend time with Him. As you spend time with Him, He will renew your spirit and restore your peace.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I want to find those quiet waters of peace where I can get alone with You every day and meditate on You. Thank You for wanting to speak to my heart and show me Your will. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

21 Feb 2019 03:31 #2080 by DrMike
Follow your Conscience

Today’s Scripture

"I will maintain my innocence and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live." (Job 27:6, NIV)

God speaks to us in many ways. One way is through that "small voice" we call our conscience. In many cases, that's the voice of the Holy Spirit prompting you to be good to someone, or it might be warning you about a situation that otherwise seems fine! When you feel uneasiness and unrest, the Lord may be saying, "Watch out, there's danger ahead." That’s not just your nerves, it’s God protecting you. If you ignore these warnings, you could experience heartache and pain. Is the Holy Spirit placing warning signs in front of you today? When you sense these warning signs, you have a choice to make. God won't make you do the right thing. You have your own free will. It's up to you to choose the right road. Refuse to compromise. Don't compromise in your marriage, your business or with your family. Listen to the still, small voice inside that warns you of impending danger. When you do, God will guide you along the best path for your life.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I am grateful that I have the power to make the right choices today. I know what is right and what is wrong. When my conscience speaks to me, I pray that I will listen and stay on the right path so my life will glorify You. In Jesus' name - Amen."

Time to create page: 0.777 seconds