Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

13 Dec 2017 03:50 #1801 by DrMike
Before You Were Born

Today’s Scripture

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you…" (Jeremiah 1:5, AMPC)

Did you know that God was thinking about you before you were ever born? He knew everything about you before you were in your mother’s womb. He created you on purpose, for a purpose. He carefully planned who you would be, the color of your hair, and the color of your eyes and skin. He gave you gifts, talents and abilities to be used for His glory. He took one look at you and said, “Approved.”

No matter how you may be feeling right now, no matter who’s approval you didn’t get on this earth, know that Almighty God loves you and approves of you today. There’s nothing you can do now or ever to change that. You may be thinking, “I’ve made so many mistakes, how can God approve of me?” Understand that when God sees you, He separates you from your behavior. He may not approve of your actions all the time, but He desires to help you grow and make better choices.

Today, receive His love and acceptance. Allow Him to work in your life. Allow His love to empower and strengthen you because you are approved and equipped to live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for approving me and empowering me by Your love. I open my heart and mind to Your truth and invite You to have Your way in my life. Remove anything that would hold me back from all You have in store in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2017 03:52 #1802 by DrMike
Pay Them No Mind

Today’s Scripture

"But some scoundrels said, ‘How can this fellow save us?’ They despised him and brought him no gifts. But Saul kept silent."(1 Samuel 10:27, NIV)

In Scripture, King Saul had some people come against him. They were making fun of him. He could have easily become distracted and lost his focus. He could have defended himself saying, “I’m a good leader. I have what it takes.” But what did he do? He kept silent. One translation says, “He paid them no mind.”

Friend, sometimes that’s what you have to do when people are coming against you. You have to realize that some people are just jealous. Not everyone is going to have your best interest at heart. But don’t let them control your destiny. Don’t let them distract you from God’s best. Instead of playing up to people or trying to win over all your critics, keep your eyes focused on what God has for you. Spend time with people who see what God is doing in you. Focus on those who will celebrate you. Ignore the critics so you can be all that God has called you to be.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I keep my heart and mind focused on You. I choose to ignore the naysayers. I choose to turn away from critical voices. I declare by faith that I will accomplish the plan You have for me as I daily put You first in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

15 Dec 2017 03:53 #1803 by DrMike
Trusting God's Timing

Today’s Scripture

"My times are in your hands…" (Psalm 31:15, NIV)

In life, oftentimes we are waiting for something; waiting for a dream to come to pass, waiting to meet the right person, waiting for a problem to turn around. When things aren’t happening as fast as we would like, it’s easy to get frustrated. But you have to realize that the moment you prayed, God established a set time to bring the promise to pass.

God has a set time for your opportunity. There is a set time for that problem to turn around, a set time for your healing, your promotion, your breakthrough. It may be tomorrow, or next week, or five years from now. But when you understand the time has already been set, it takes all the pressure off. You won’t live worried, wondering when this is ever going to happen. You’ll relax and enjoy your life knowing that the promise has already been scheduled, and your answer is on the way!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to trust in Your timing. I trust that You have my best in mind. I believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for ordering my steps and leading me in the life of blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

18 Dec 2017 03:43 #1804 by DrMike
He Anoints You With Oil

Today’s Scripture

"…You anoint my head with oil…" (Psalm 23:5, NKJV)

In the Bible, oil is symbolic of the anointing of God. Do you know what oil does? It makes things flow. Whenever there is friction or something gets stuck, putting oil on it makes it become more fluid. That’s what God wants to do for you. He wants to anoint your head with oil. When He does that, notice what David says in Psalm 23, “Because God anoints me, because I walk in His favor; surely, goodness and mercy will follow me everywhere I go.”

Friend, God’s anointing makes things easier. People will go out of their way to be good to you for no reason. You’re going to have creativity, wisdom and good ideas. God’s anointing on your life will cause the right doors to open. It will bring the right people across your path. It will make things go smoother. And the good news is, all you have to do is ask Him for it. Remember, He longs to be good to you. You can trust that His anointing will make things easier, and He will lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor in my life today. Thank You for causing me to be at the right place at the right time. Anoint my head with Your oil so that I can move forward in the path You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 Dec 2017 07:28 #1805 by DrMike
You Are Priceless

Today’s Scripture

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…" (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

A few years ago, I was having dinner with some people in their home. I noticed some paintings on the wall. To me, they weren’t very impressive. In fact, some of them looked like they had been painted by a child. They were abstract and modern, and it appeared like paint had been just thrown here and there. But later that evening, the owner mentioned how he had paid over a million dollars for just one of those paintings. I looked at it again and thought, “Wow! That is beautiful, isn’t it?”

I found out it was an original that was painted by the famous artist Pablo Picasso. What dawned on me that night was not so much what the painting looked like, but rather who the artist was. A painting gets its value from its creator.

In the same way, your value doesn’t come from what you look like, what you do or who you know. You are a masterpiece! Your value comes from the fact that Almighty God created you. You are priceless!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for creating me and instilling value in me. I receive Your love for me. I receive Your strength and power to be all that You’ve called me to be in Jesus’ name. Amen."

20 Dec 2017 03:34 #1806 by DrMike
Run Your Race

Today’s Scripture

"…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJV)

It’s easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us. When we see someone who’s more talented, better looking or has more gifts, instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes we feel inferior and think, “I’ve got to catch up to them.” The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle.

There will always be someone ahead of us. But it’s a very freeing thing when you realize, “I’m not competing with you. I don’t have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don’t have to keep up with my co-worker. I don’t have to be a certain size. No, I understand that I’m not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I’m going to be the best me that I can possibly be.” Friend, that’s an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made youto be, that’s when you’ll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

21 Dec 2017 03:41 #1807 by DrMike
By the Breath of God

Today’s Scripture

"…Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty." (Zechariah 4:6, NIV)

In the original Hebrew, the word “spirit” in today’s verse literally means “breath.” This Scripture is saying that the breakthroughs that are coming in our lives are not going to happen just by our talent, our connections or who we know. It’s going to happen because God breathes in our direction. God will shift the winds that blow healing,promotion and restoration our way.

How are you going to get well? The medical report may say it’s impossible. But when God breathes on you, health,wholeness and restoration are headed toward you. How are you going to accomplish your dreams? You may not know the right people or have enough money or feel like you have the talent. No, God is breathing and sending ideas, resources and the right connections your direction. If you will stay faithful and keep honoring and obeying God, then suddenly things will change. Suddenly, you will come into abundance. Suddenly, your child will turn around. Suddenly, you will get well. Suddenly, the breath of God will shift things in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for breathing in my direction. Thank You for restoring life, peace,health and wholeness to my body and mind. I bless You today and receive the supernatural shifts You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

22 Dec 2017 03:52 #1808 by DrMike
Enter His Rest

Today’s Scripture

"For we who have believed do enter that rest…" (Hebrews 4:3, NKJV)

God promises that there are set times in our future, but He doesn’t tell us when they will be. Your set time may be tomorrow morning at 9:47. You’ll get the phone call you’ve been waiting for. Your set time may be two years from now. You’ll get a good break, and that will thrust you to a new level. My question is, “Do you trust God enough to believe that your set times are coming?” Are you willing to wait with a good attitude? Are you willing to get a new perspective?

Remember, that set time is already in your future. Don’t let the negative thoughts talk you out of it. The way you know that you’re really believing is that you haverest on the inside. You’re at peace. You know the answer is on the way. You trust that God is working things out.

Today put your faith and trust in Him and enter into rest. Know that He is good and He is for you! Your set time of favor is on the way!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to enter into rest. I choose to trust You, I choose to put my faith and hope in You knowing that You are good and that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name! Amen."

26 Dec 2017 15:28 #1809 by DrMike
Keep Asking

Today’s Scripture

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7, NLT)

Sometimes, people get discouraged in life because things didn’t turn out the way they hoped on the first try. Maybe they put energy into a relationship, but it didn’t work out. They tried that new business venture, but they are still struggling with their finances. Now they think it’s never going to happen. But one thing we have to learn is that God honors perseverance. On the way to your “yes" you may encounter some “no’s.” You may encounter some closed doors, but that doesn’t mean it’s the final answer. It just means “keep going.”

Remember, if God promised it, He’s going to bring it to pass. Scripture tells us that through faith and patience we inherit God’s promises. This is where patience comes in; this is where perseverance comes in. This is where trust comes in. Just because you don’t see things happen right away doesn’t mean you should quit. No, instead, rise up and press forward. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep enduring and keep asking because our God is always faithful to His word!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I choose today to believe Your Word. I choose to trust Your promises. I choose to keep standing, keep believing and keep asking because I will receive in Jesus’ name! Amen!"

27 Dec 2017 03:28 #1810 by DrMike
Closer Than You Think

Today’s Scripture

"Do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward."(Hebrews 10:35, NKJV)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you thought? Many times, people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their “due season” come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today, your answer is closer than you think. If it seems like things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It always seems darkest just before the dawn arrives.

We serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain once she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise. While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and it’s closer than you think!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to stand in faith until I see every promise fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.679 seconds