Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

20 Jun 2013 14:51 #231 by ScienceChic

Walter L Newton wrote: I'm headed that way now... I report back before supper time.

Have fun! You can call the 285Bound number if anything important is announced - 720-608-0285. Thanks Walt!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2013 15:26 #232 by coniferchambercommerce
Asking questions at the Lime Gulch Fire press conference. "Making very good progress. About 600 acres."

File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:1gjosdvb]ImageShack.us[/url]

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

20 Jun 2013 15:45 #233 by CinnamonGirl
https://twitter.com/jeffcosheriffco

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNO0U3BCQAE41H1.jpg:medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNO2GoTCcAAuE5I.jpg:medium

20 Jun 2013 15:46 #234 by CinnamonGirl
Info update.

At a 3 p.m. briefing, Incident Commander Dan Dallas said he expects to get a more accurate assessment of the fire's size when they do aerial infrared mapping overnight. Dallas said he wouldn't be able to provide a figure on fire containment until Friday morning.

There are about 255 firefighters battling the fire located in Jefferson County near Pine, Reynolds Park, Cathedral Spires and Chair Rocks. Fire-fighting air attack includes military C-130 transport planes outfitted with Modular Airborne Fire Fighting Systems (or Maffs) along with civilian heavy air tankers -- both dropping fire retardant. There are also two heavy helicopters dropping water.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... son-county

20 Jun 2013 15:52 #235 by ScienceChic
File Attachment:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... 27ec&msa=0

InciWeb updated 35 minutes ago:
Incident Overview

Lime Gulch Fire Grows to Approximately 500 Acres

Conifer, Colo. – The Lime Gulch Fire is now approximately 500 acres. This fire is believed to have started as a result of thunderstorms that moved through the area Tuesday night. Fire crews from the U.S Forest Service and local cooperating agencies responded with aggressive initial attack. Initially, the location and the hazardous terrain made it difficult for firefighters to access the fire safely. Aerial resources were used to assist ground forces with the initial attack.

Today, fire crews will begin trying to establish containment lines around the fire, as well as keep the fire south of the North Fork South Platte River and west of the South Platte River. As always, safety of the public and first responders is the highest priority on this incident.

Transfer of command from the local unit to the Type 2 Rocky Mountain Area Incident Management Team B will occur on Thursday. Information will be updated on Inciweb ( http://inciweb.org/incident/3441/ ) and Twitter (@PSICC NF and RMIMT2 TeamB). A press conference is planned for Thursday afternoon. More details about the press conference will be available after 10 a.m. on Thursday.

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has issued a Level 3 evacuation notice for an area within a three mile radius of Cathedral Spires. Level 1 evacuations were issued for residents in a one mile radius of the intersection of South Pleasant Park Road and Kuehster Road, as well as residents in a one mile radius of Spring Creek Ranch. A total of 410 land line phones were in the Level 3 evacuation area, and an additional 859 land lines were in the Level 1 evacuation area. At this time, there is no further information on the success rate of those notifications.

There are several road closures in place for the Lime Gulch Fire:

Jefferson County-
    Intersection of HWY 285 and Foxton Road is
only accessible to local residents
Intersection of Foxton Road and Running Deer is closed
Intersection of South Platte River and Southwest Platte River (“Two Forks”) is closed
Intersection of HWY 126 and Buffalo Creek is closed
Waterton Canyon is closed[/ul]

Douglas County –
    Intersection of HWY 67 and South Platte River is only accessible to local residents

Nighthawk is closed

Trail Closures –

Access to the Colorado Trail off HWY 126 is closed

In addition to the road and trail closures, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will provide security in the fire area with roving Deputies patrolling until further notice.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jun 2013 16:00 #236 by coniferchambercommerce
Yellow circle is mandatory evacuation and darker orange is level one (stand by) which is one mile.

File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:2nz1k5be]ImageShack.us[/url]

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

20 Jun 2013 16:00 #237 by Reverend Revelant
I'm back from the press conference (SC... I stopped by your office, grabbed one of the 285Bound calling cards at your office window. Don't worry, I told them I was an unofficial representative... and should they call the number on the card if they want to arrest me).

I'll compile a summary and then a little more detail in the next hour... although there was only a few tidbits of information that we hadn't seen from Twitter feeds, maps, FaceBook, social media and an old woman I met at King Soopers.

And Dawn is a really cool person.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Jun 2013 16:01 #238 by Reverend Revelant
Dawn is scooping me... I should have remembered my IPhone.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Jun 2013 16:06 #239 by ScienceChic

Walter L Newton wrote: I'm back from the press conference (SC... I stopped by your office, grabbed one of the 285Bound calling cards at your office window. Don't worry, I told them I was an unofficial representative... and should they call the number on the card if they want to arrest me).

I'll compile a summary and then a little more detail in the next hour... although there was only a few tidbits of information that we hadn't seen from Twitter feeds, maps, FaceBook, social media and an old woman I met at King Soopers.

And Dawn is a really cool person.

I'll bail you out if that happens! :biggrin: Yes, Dawn is a totally awesome, fabulous, loving woman with a heart of gold!

20 Jun 2013 16:14 #240 by CinnamonGirl
Well I think you guys are all over this, just wanted to let you know I probably won't be posting, unless needed later.

Take care. You all did a really good job on this fire. Glad no structures lost or anyone hurt. I hope it all gets better quickly.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds