Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

20 Jun 2013 17:41 #251 by ScienceChic
LOL, I doubt that!

I'm off to the IMHS Board meeting, I'm sure this thread is in capable hands - you all. :) Thank you to everyone for contributing/listening/sharing pictures etc - I've been hearing from many saying thank you for the great info here on 285Bound as it's been hard to find in other places. You guys rock!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2013 18:32 #252 by Reverend Revelant
Something is going on... they are talking about some evacuations I think, but I can't get a handle on where/who/what...?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Jun 2013 18:34 #253 by mountaindollar
I am listening maybe between the two of us we can figure it out.

20 Jun 2013 18:38 #254 by archer
Thank you Walt, for the updates. I am so disappointed in the available information since the forest service took over. We had to spend the day in town and were trying to find out if Roxborough, where my husband's daughter lives, was going to be affected...... I about depleted the cell phone's battery searching for info.

20 Jun 2013 18:39 #255 by Reverend Revelant
I don't know... I'm not hearing anything that sounds like a organized evacuation... but I heard them say something like that... so far, probably nothing, probably I'm wrong.

20 Jun 2013 18:43 #256 by Reverend Revelant
With the Forest Service at command... the most you hear right now is this or that officer or car going here or there... stuff like that. I've been looking for the VHF frequencies that the USFS use in this area... but nothing yet.

Anyone has those frequencies?

Does anyone know the actual command post frequencies the USFS is using for this incident. I have a handheld scanner that receives the typical 2 meter and 6 meter stuff... but that's a lot of frequencies to search through.

20 Jun 2013 18:53 - 20 Jun 2013 18:56 #257 by archer
I found one site this am where Roxborough was shown on a map as pre evacuation..... But nothing since.

20 Jun 2013 18:55 #258 by redsonjaxe

archer wrote: Thank you Walt, for the updates. I am so disappointed in the available information since the forest service took over. We had to spend the day in town and were trying to find out if Roxborough, where my husband's daughter lives, was going to be affected...... I about depleted the cell phone's battery searching for info.

Yes me too, I can't help but say, what can we expect, its federal. This has been a huge disappointment. Thanks Walt. At least when Jeffco does it, i can find the press conferences live. Its ridiculous if you ask me that we have to listen to Scanners to get up to date info and decipher it. Preposterous.

20 Jun 2013 18:56 #259 by mountaindollar

archer wrote: I found one site where Roxborough was shown on a map as pre evacuation..... But

They were under level one yesterday.

Might want to PM jf1acai he might be able to help I know is a big scanner guy.

20 Jun 2013 18:59 #260 by mountaindollar
Wasn't there suppose to be a relief telethon on all the TV stations tonight?

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds