Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

21 Jun 2013 08:16 #291 by ScienceChic

Walter L Newton wrote: The popular online scanner feed that a lot of us listen to up here in the hills, is still off line...

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4269/web

The reason given : DSL Service problems

And remember... this feed is from a private citizen, using their own radio equipment and they are footing the bills to run, maintain and keep the radio in service. Here is a short bio of whoever this generous person is...

This feed uses a RS Pro-197 and a Uniden Bearcat BCD996T digital scanner pair. The receivers are located at Approx. 8000 ft elevation in Evergreen, CO. I am broadcasting Alpha Tags along with the audio. Listeners who use Winamp can see the tags which display the agency, talk group and/or frequencies.

Programmed are the Denver area Foothills Fire Departments / EMS for the Evergreen and Conifer areas including the I-70 and 285 corridors. The Colorado State Patrol District 1a and Jefferson County Sheriff Department are also programmed.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4269

Hat's off to our Evergreen friend. (now... get on CenturyLink's ass about the DSL problem).

That's BearMtnHIB, by the way. (Not personal info, he's posted that he is the one who provides that feed himself before).

jf1acai bounces in here a lot, but you can always find him at disastersupportvolunteers.com. I'll shoot him a PM and see if he can enlighten us!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2013 08:33 #292 by Reverend Revelant
I'll be at the 10 am press conference this morning... I will write up any CHANGES in my last press conference summary.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

21 Jun 2013 08:48 - 23 Jan 2017 10:52 #293 by ScienceChic
Thanks Walt! We had a ton of thank you's and shares from people regarding your report - the Facebook and Twitter 285Bound followers deeply appreciated the information, as it's been hard to come by otherwise. I'll try to be there, but can't guarantee I can make it (I'll never hear the end of it if we're late for swim lessons and if it goes 30 minutes like yesterday's, we'd be late).

I'd like to remind everyone to sign up for CodeRED and fill out whatever information you are comfortable providing in the Smart911 database as well to help first responders find, contact, and assist you in evacuating in an emergency. Thank you!

Please Register with
File Attachment:
and
File Attachment:

What is CodeRED: jeffco.us/sheriff/code-red-emergency-notifications/
What is Smart911: www.co.jefferson.co.us/sheriff/sheriff_T62_R342.htm

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Jun 2013 09:15 #294 by ScienceChic
Per @RMIMT2_TeamB The morning briefing is at 1000 across from the Kum & Go in Kings Valley

InciWeb was updated at 9am: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3441/
(I'm not copying the first paragraph as it's the same info)

Basic Information
Incident Type Wildfire
Cause Under Investigation
Date of Origin Tuesday June 18th, 2013 approx. 12:00 AM
Location 4 miles north of Buffalo Creek
Incident Commander Dan Dallas

Current Situation
Total Personnel 283
Size 600 acres
Percent Contained 5%
Fuels Involved: Timber Grass and Litter
Fire Behavior: short crown runs, short range spotting, slope and terrain driving, under red flag warning
Significant Events: Closures and evacuations remain in effect. Structure assesments performed. Transition with T2 IMT occured today with takeover at 1800

Outlook
Planned Actions: Night operations tonight to patrol structures along river corridors. Tomorrow: Continue direct line construction,structure prep, and river access
Growth Potential: High
Terrain Difficulty: Extreme
Remarks: Block 28. Crossing River w/o rafts is a safety issue and could result in significant fire growth due to lack of resource access

Current Weather
Wind Conditions 7 mph SW
Temperature 77 degrees
Humidity 14%

21 Jun 2013 10:04 #295 by mountaindollar

21 Jun 2013 10:36 - 26 Nov 2017 23:18 #296 by

Science Chic wrote: Thanks Walt! We had a ton of thank you's and shares from people regarding your report - the Facebook and Twitter 285Bound followers deeply appreciated the information, as it's been hard to come by otherwise. I'll try to be there, but can't guarantee I can make it (I'll never hear the end of it if we're late for swim lessons and if it goes 30 minutes like yesterday's, we'd be late).

I'd like to remind everyone to sign up for CodeRED and fill out whatever information you are comfortable providing in the Smart911 database as well to help first responders find, contact, and assist you in evacuating in an emergency. Thank you!

Please Register with

and
File Attachment:

What is CodeRED: [url=http://jeffco.us/sheriff/code-red-emergency-notifications/
What is Smart911: [url=https://www.co.jefferson.co.us/sheriff/sheriff_T62_R342.htm

And the 285bound.com email alert system.

21 Jun 2013 10:38 #297 by CinnamonGirl

ZHawke wrote: My apologies if this link has been posted before, or if individuals on this thread do not use FaceBook.

There's quite a lot of information on Colorado ongoing fires (including Lime Gulch).

https://www.facebook.com/COWildfireInfo

Good site!

21 Jun 2013 10:41 #298 by ZHawke

21 Jun 2013 10:56 - 21 Jun 2013 11:11 #299 by Reverend Revelant
I didn't see the live feed of the press conference... I was there. Anyway... I'm going to post CHANGES and new information... and then I'll come back and post all the minueta (holy cow... I spelled that right the first time)... I have a whole incident package... I got it from Dan Dallas himself.

Onward...

1) Official size of fire from overnight infrared scans is 498 acres

2) Containment 5% (and Incident Commander Dan Dallas said this should go up significantly by the end of shift today)

3) Personal on fire line is 283

4) There are no changes in the evacuation plan in either Level 3 or get-ready Level 1. They will assess this with local authorities tonight and make changes if needed. Even if they do change the standing Level orders... any returns of citizens will be done in stages.... as they see fit... as safety warrants it.

5) Weather - winds are coming from the south/southwest blowing north/north east

Their primary concern is with the north and east side of the fire line (Division X). That's the side toward Deckers, and from the FoxTon River Rd intersection going south/east and down river from there. That line is advancing, slowly, but it's the side of the fire MOST affected by the wind pattern today.

Division A and Division X are working the "fingers" that come down the south and south east side of the Platte, putting them out and making sure nothing jumps the river.

The 5% containment is at the southwest end of the fire, towards Buffalo Creek. That doesn't mean it's out at that end, and any shift in wind patterns could whip the fire up again.

Overall... they feel progress has been made... but they need to remain most vigilant all around, and specifically on the northeast/and east flank of the fire.

I'll be back with more info later.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

21 Jun 2013 11:03 #300 by ZHawke

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds