Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

21 Jun 2013 19:11 #331 by Reverend Revelant
listed at 15% contained now on InciWeb... Jeffco says some roads will reopen and Buffalo Creek township too at 8.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2013 19:37 #332 by Reverend Revelant
I'm taking a break from the computer. I'll be back in the morning and also ring in the info I pick up at tomorrow morning's press briefing.

21 Jun 2013 23:40 #333 by Joann Lavis
is the scanner also focused on the west fork fire ? or only for this one..trying to find a scanner for that one

22 Jun 2013 03:55 #334 by Reverend Revelant

Joann Lavis wrote: is the scanner also focused on the west fork fire ? or only for this one..trying to find a scanner for that one

There doesn't appear to be a live feed coming anywhere out of Rio Grange country or any of the adjacent counties. Here's a statewide map of counties that have scanner feeds (red). Click on the county of your choice and you will be presented with a list of scanner that are streaming to the interent. Click on the little speaker symbol on the left of the scanner and that will launch the player for that feed.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/stid/8

22 Jun 2013 04:15 #335 by Reverend Revelant

22 Jun 2013 04:16 #336 by Reverend Revelant

22 Jun 2013 06:38 #337 by Reverend Revelant
Some overnight updates...

(I don't know how to embed "tweets" into PHP forum code. It's not the same as standard HTML tags. So... here's just the text of the "tweets")

@jeffcosheriffco says some areas reopening around the #LimeGulchFire at 8pm...areas include Buffalo Creek Twp.
RMIMT2_TeamB ‏@RMIMT2_TeamB 9h @sanjuanjon #LimeCulchFire 485 acres and 15% contained
@RMIMT2_TeamB: Press Briefing tomorrow (6/22/13) 10 a.m. adjacent to Kum & Go in King's Valley #cofire

The Lime Gulch fire in the mountains west of Denver is now 15 percent contained, officials said Friday evening. Part of the evacuated area on SW Platte River Road and in Buffalo Creek Township will be open to residents only later Friday. Denver Water, which closed Waterton Canyon on Thursday, said the canyon would remained closed for now.

http://www.denverpost.com/coloradowildf ... om-jumping

(Scanner feed - does NOT include the USFS Command Post communications with the local agencies)

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4269/web

(Here are the communications frequencies that the USFS are using for this incident and not included in the live online scanner feed listed above. Note: You're scanner must be able to pick up AM Narrow Band. The frequencies on the list are Narrowband [except the 3 local fire agencies listed])

http://newton.acrossthebow.com/radio.pdf

The above should give you something to read and listen to along with your morning coffee.

22 Jun 2013 07:46 #338 by Reverend Revelant
A moment ago...

#LimeGulchFire update 6/21/13-0730: 511 acres, 15 % containment @PSICC_NF @jeffcosheriffco

22 Jun 2013 08:04 #339 by netdude
Just drove up to my vantage point, good overview of the Lime Gulch Fire (Lions Gulch) area. There is no major smokes or flames visible, smoldering area's within the fire borders. Hope things stay calm as we move towards a Red Flag Warning in place @ noon today.....

22 Jun 2013 09:14 #340 by Reverend Revelant
Heading out to press briefing... will be back ASAP to post a quick update and then I'm headed downhill... I can't sit in front of this computer all weekend. Maybe someone will pick up the thread for us?

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds