Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

21 Jun 2013 14:54 #311 by Reverend Revelant

mountaindollar wrote:
They said they were going to have to use boats on the river to get the fire fighters to some of the more active areas of the fire today.

They have been using rafts since at least yesterday (Thursday 06-20-2013).

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2013 15:07 #312 by Reverend Revelant
Per ICP (Incident Command Post) via Elk Creek Fire (one of the frequencies I CAN GET on my cheapy scanner)... there was a small spot fire on the north side of the river... and it's out.

Good job guys and girls.

21 Jun 2013 15:08 #313 by CinnamonGirl
Just got word from the owner of the Mountain feed.

Scanner feed will be back up ASAP- probably around 5PM.

Thanks for letting me know.

21 Jun 2013 15:26 #314 by ScienceChic
This one might work in a pinch too:

Colorado Interagency Mutual Aid Live Audio Feed - http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12044/web

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Jun 2013 15:36 #315 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: This one might work in a pinch too:

Colorado Interagency Mutual Aid Live Audio Feed - http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12044/web

Where were you this morning? I bought a coffee for you, a lawn chair, a Denver Post, a copy of Mother Jones and I was going to arrange a conference call between you and Bill Maher.

21 Jun 2013 15:40 #316 by Reverend Revelant
Just a reminder (I don't know if I posted this up thread), but until they say otherwise, there is a press briefing everyday at the Kum & Go parking lot (285 South... a bit beyond Richmond Hill Road) at 10 am. It appears that it's open to the public, since non-star-reporters-like-me were at the briefing.

21 Jun 2013 15:42 #317 by Reverend Revelant
Just heard on the Interagency feed that the spot fire that was on the north side of the river is under control... or out... or tamped down and smoldering (I couldn't understand exactly what they were going on about) and they are keeping someone on it for now... gee... good idea if it's not TOTALLY out.

21 Jun 2013 15:47 #318 by Reverend Revelant
Here's a list of some of the "codes" you may hear agencies using as a sort of verbal shorthand...

http://www.radiolabs.com/police-codes.html

21 Jun 2013 15:47 #319 by ScienceChic

Walter L Newton wrote:

Science Chic wrote: This one might work in a pinch too:

Where were you this morning? I bought a coffee for you, a lawn chair, a Denver Post, a copy of Mother Jones and I was going to arrange a conference call between you and Bill Maher.

Wow, that totally makes me want to make sure I attend tomorrow's briefing (except for the coffee part, ick)! :) I watched it online, was trying to catch up on emails and events, get ready for tomorrow's 285MarketDayz - I'm setting up and manning the 285Tourism booth for at least half the day, need to print materials...yadda yadda yadda. lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Jun 2013 16:24 #320 by CinnamonGirl
Good news. I got word from the owner of the Mountain feed that it is back on now. I have not checked it. Let me know.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds