Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

22 Jun 2013 21:23 #351 by ScienceChic
@jeffcosheriffco 3h RT @RMIMT2_TeamB: #LimeGulchFire update:Held at 511 acres and is now 90% contained. Estimated containment date 6/23/2013 :woo hoo:

Per @PSICC_NF 4m #LimeGulchFire MEDIA ALERT: Press briefing at 10 a.m tomorrow (6/23/13) adjacent to the "Kum & Go" in King's Valley.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2013 03:31 #352 by Reverend Revelant
#LimeGulchFire #CO #COPSF http://1.usa.gov/1a3antl Lime Gulch Fire: Saturday 9 p.m. all evacuation orders for the Lime Gulch Fire lifted.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

23 Jun 2013 09:27 #353 by Reverend Revelant
Press briefing today will be the last briefing on this incident. I was at the fire camp (Incident Command Post at Elk Creek Elementary) this morning speaking to some fire fighters and getting a tour of the fire camp... they are converting to "mop up" mode.

23 Jun 2013 10:06 #354 by CinnamonGirl
Walter thanks for all your help you did a hell of a job. And a big thank you from me for your help on the scanner during the early hours of the fire.

Science Chic, I am sure you appreciated all posters with great info. Good job.

You all did great. So, happy that Science Chic has a site in this area for this important community service. And thankful you all got out of this one without any structure damage.

:like: :thumbsup: :love2:

23 Jun 2013 10:26 #355 by ZHawke
Ditto what CG said.

23 Jun 2013 10:37 #356 by Reverend Revelant
Takeaway from my visit to the Fire Camp this morning and the 10:00 am press briefing...

1) No structures lost
2) No wildlife or pets lost
3) Please... please... if you placed any of your animals (pets, livestock... zombies) at any of the shelters... PICK THEM UP. There are still some at the shelters that haven't been claimed as of yet.
4) Incident Command will be handed over to a Type 3 teams as of 6:00 am Monday.

And the most important thing to remember... STAY VIGILANT. Keep an eye open for any smoke or unusual fire activity. To make a long explanation short... spots further in from the fire lines can stay hot... they can't physically sweep 511 acres with boots on the ground. They can take care of tapping out hot spots around the fire line... but they make a decision of how far in they should go... the rest is left up to "mother nature."

Hot material can travel over a mile if the winds are just right.

23 Jun 2013 10:38 #357 by Reverend Revelant

CinnamonGirl wrote: Walter thanks for all your help you did a hell of a job. And a big thank you from me for your help on the scanner during the early hours of the fire.

Science Chic, I am sure you appreciated all posters with great info. Good job.

You all did great. So, happy that Science Chic has a site in this area for this important community service. And thankful you all got out of this one without any structure damage.

:like: :thumbsup: :love2:

Thank you so much :heart:

23 Jun 2013 11:43 #358 by ScienceChic
The video of the press conference is uploading to our YouTube channel and will be available shortly. Here's the current map and my notes:

File Attachment:

This is the final press conference for the Lime Gulch Fire in Conifer. For further information, please call the information line: 720-583-4733. All Twitter updates about the fire from here on out will come from @PSSIC_NF . The Jeffco Sheriff @jeffcosheriffco will continue to update as usual.

The fire remains at 511 acres and is 90% contained, all evacuations have been lifted and power is restored to all residents. The RMIM2 Team B is leaving today and a Type 3 Incident Management Team will take over tomorrow morning and finish mopping up the last 10% of the containment line with 2 crews, 2 tankers, and one helicopter. Foxton Rd is open down to Reynolds Park, but the closure remains in effect there for non-residents for continued access by firefighting crews. A Type 4 Incident Management Team will come in after Team 3 is finished mopping up and continue to monitor and mop up any additional hotspots that are found.

The Jefferson County officials would like to ask all residents who placed animals in shelters to please pick up your animals today.

Thank you from 285Bound to all firefighting and support personnel for their quick and efficient containment of this fire!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Jun 2013 12:02 #359 by ScienceChic
[youtube:1pvc5511]
[/youtube:1pvc5511]

23 Jun 2013 12:29 #360 by CinnamonGirl
Hey just realized I may have forgot a couple people. Mountain dollar is always on these fires right away, Netdude, JF1, Zhawke and more. All of you did great.

Over and out until the next event, if you even need help. Have a lovely Sunday. Please rain!

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds