Hawaii Senator Wonders what Obama's Concealing

07 Apr 2011 14:20 #41 by TPP
I want biden he's a frick'in fool & a laugh a minute.
Dudes, it's too LATE, who cares, he's F-uped this country enough...
Do you really think that if he wasn't (*)the fools on the left would try and pull that stunt, sorry I think not just look at what he's not doing isn't that enough to get him out in 2012...
OK, we know they lie, cheat, steal votes, having the dead & comic book characters vote, triple vote, and get away with it…
Why take the chance that SOMEBODY/ANYBODY would find anything like his BC.
Drop it there's a lot more to be concerned with, it's just a distraction from how he & his ilk are really screwing U.S.
Just like (his buddies, NOTE: I didn't say he be one) the Palestinians are saying “LOOK! LOOK! OVER THERE!, AT LIBYA!”, while tossing hundreds of rockets on Isreal. And him handing the whole area to the brotherhood…

Actually, I think hillery did it behind his back to make him look worse because she’s still pi$$ed about her health care, & she’s running in 2012, and saying “Look at all the gravitas, I have now!” Watch that b*tch she’ll sneak in for behind, so to speak, and that will NOT be a treaty in her hand.

(*) Oxymoron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 10:18 #42 by Kate

Nmysys wrote: I'm sorry, but I don't believe that the Journalists as you stated have truly verified anything. There are just too many unanswered questions. Yes, there have been many copies of his B.C. posted. No, they have not been proven, any of them. The original B.C. that was first posted back when he was still running for the office of POTUS showed a stamp on it saying Received. That one has mysteriously disappeared.

Barack Obama traveled to Pakistan when there was a ban on U.S. citizens traveling to Pakistan. It has never been shown what Passport he traveled there on. He obtained a scholarship as a Foreign National. He is hiding a lot of things and until those records are released, we will not know why.

The OP says a Hawaii Senator is saying that he wonders what B.O. is hiding. That is our real concern. We keep being called names because we are questioning these things. Why won't HE answer these questions, not others?

Can I ask you, Nmysys, what would you accept as proof that Obama is a natural born citizen?

From Wikipedia (I know, I know - but it's a nice summary)

In 2008, the Obama campaign released his birth certificate, certified by the Hawaii Department of Health, and posted a scanned image of it online. The posted certificate states that Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.[1] The certificate also states, "This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding". Frequent arguments of those questioning Obama's eligibility are that he has not released a photocopy of his "original" or "long form" birth certificate, but rather a redacted "short form" version. It has also been claimed that the use of the term "certification of live birth" on the document means it is not equivalent to one's "birth certificate". These arguments have been debunked numerous times by media investigations,[13] every judicial forum that has addressed the matter, and Hawaiian government officials—a consensus of whom have concluded that the certificate released by the Obama campaign is indeed his official birth certificate.[14] Asked about this, Hawaiian Department of Health spokeswoman Janice Okubo stated that Hawaii "does not have a short-form or long-form certificate".[15] Moreover, the director of her Department has confirmed that the state "has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures".[16][17]

In 1961, birth notices for Barack Obama were published in both the Honolulu Advertiser and the Honolulu Star-Bulletin on August 13 and August 14, 1961, respectively, listing the home address of Obama's parents as 6085 Kalanianaole Highway in Honolulu.[18][19] On November 9, 2008, in response to the persistent rumors, the Advertiser posted on its web site a screenshot of the announcement taken from its microfilmed archives. Such notices were sent to newspapers routinely by the Hawaii Department of Health.[18]

The release of the certificate resulted in a fresh round of questions. It was asserted that the certificate had been digitally forged with Adobe Photoshop and lacked a stamped seal of the state, which led them to demand that Obama release his "original" 1961 birth certificate.[8] Jerome Corsi, author of the book The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality, told Fox News that "the campaign has a false, fake birth certificate posted on their website... it's been shown to have watermarks from Photoshop. It's a fake document that's on the Web site right now, and the original birth certificate the campaign refuses to produce."[19] This view was rejected by the state authorities, the media and independent factchecking organizations. FactCheck.org was invited to view the Obama campaign's hard copy of the candidate's Certification of Live Birth and concluded:

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Oba ... y_theories

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that those here on this board will never accept that Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural born US citizen. Can you do something to change my mind about that?

08 Apr 2011 11:19 #43 by kresspin
Argh... this stuff has been dissected for years and explained but it keeps getting brought up by birthers who appear not to want to hear the explanations, as I sure you don't want to either since your questions have been answered several times before.

Nmysys wrote: The original B.C. that was first posted back when he was still running for the office of POTUS showed a stamp on it saying Received. That one has mysteriously disappeared.

No it hasn't. In various photographs it is very clear, especially if you turn it over.

The certificate is stamped June 2007, because that's when Hawaii officials produced it for the campaign, which requested that document and "all the records we could get our hands on" according to spokesperson Shauna Daly. The campaign didn't release its copy until 2008, after speculation began to appear on the Internet questioning Obama's citizenship.

(the number was originally blacked out because it wasn't known if the numbers contained some personal information that should not be released)

The certificate has all the elements the State Department requires for proving citizenship to obtain a U.S. passport: "your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records." The names, date and place of birth, and filing date are all evident on the scanned version, and you can see the seal above.

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department.

Nmysys wrote: Barack Obama traveled to Pakistan when there was a ban on U.S. citizens traveling to Pakistan.

The "travel ban" nonsense came from birther bloggers. The U.S. State Department has confirmed there was only a travel advisory in effect at the time, not a travel ban.

http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/travel/ci ... an1981.pdf

Americans traveled there without incident, as shown by a travel piece that appeared in the New York Times in 1981, dated June 14. Barbara Crossette, an assistant news editor of the Times, told her mostly American readers they could travel to Lahore, Pakistan, by air, rail or road, adding: "Tourists can obtain a free, 30-day visa (necessary for Americans) at border crossings and airports."

Here's her article: http://www.nytimes.com/1981/06/14/trave ... 981&st=cse

Nmysys wrote: There are just too many unanswered questions. Yes, there have been many copies of his B.C. posted. No, they have not been proven, any of them.

That's absolutely false. You know that state officials with the Hawaii Dept. of Health have publicly attested to the fact that the birth certificate released by the Obama campaign matches the one in their files.

On the other side, birthers have produced zero credible evidence that Obama was born elsewhere.

My theory on why this is being raised in desperation again, at this time, is because he is running again and any little hint of "he's not one of us" "he's not a real American" might sway some voters not to vote for him, even though he's the legally elected President of the Untied States. I read this is not unlike the campaign against John Kennedy when, believe it or not, some people wouldn't vote for him because he was Catholic and the "birthers" back then were saying electing a Catholic President would give the Pope control of the country.

08 Apr 2011 12:51 #44 by Rockdoc
Birth certificate records should be made public for any presidential candidate. After all being born in the US is a requisite for holding that office. Hiding this and a plethora of other personal information obviously makes people suspicious. Why don't you tell me what is so precious about someone's academic records or birth records that the need to be secured by presidential order? Obama is not helping himself in the realm of trust, not that any politician can be or should be trusted period.

Arguments here center on the issue of trust or the lack there of. Because some want to believe, they trust the data provided and refute the need for more transparency. Conversely, those who are not married to their belief in Obama will question his actions endlessly. If Obama does expect to "waltz" into office for a second term, the issue of trust as well as on-the-job performance will be key. It would see key to me that he would benefit greatly by playing on the trust card and making his precious records available. Let's face it. Nixon locked away key administration papers because they had something to hide. Others have done the same under various guises and pretenses related to national security. BS lesson learned; You keep records secret when you actually have something worth hiding that could threaten your well being. It's this way on every level of life where relationships are concerned. It's the Obama's need to handle this matter, not the journalist's, not the general public, not his fellow politician's. Just think how BIG that action would be viewed. It certainly would help me a great deal.

08 Apr 2011 13:11 #45 by LadyJazzer
The birth certificate records HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC. The State of Hawaii has confirmed this over and over, and the proof has been given over and over. Asking for something to be given when it's already been given because you don't believe it (in the face of proof that it is true) is your problem....

08 Apr 2011 13:17 #46 by outdoor338
that is the lie you libs have bought into, seems funny that a lot of americans don't trust obama to tell the truth, rockdoc has some good questions, why keep hiding records..the libs produce data as do those who question obama's BC. One side says your evidence is incorrect while the other says theirs is fact...show all the records..if he had, this would be a mute point. What is he hiding???

08 Apr 2011 13:41 #47 by ScienceChic
The F that he got in chemistry. Because then it'll be known without a doubt that he's not competent to be President! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Apr 2011 13:46 #48 by outdoor338
He got an F..really? I don't care about his F....I don't think anybody does...

08 Apr 2011 13:48 #49 by ScienceChic
Then why do you want to see his college records?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Apr 2011 13:49 #50 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: The F that he got in chemistry. Because then it'll be known without a doubt that he's not competent to be President! :biggrin:

I will bet you $5 that he never took chemistry.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds