Hawaii Senator Wonders what Obama's Concealing

08 Apr 2011 15:52 #61 by Rockdoc

kresspin wrote: You do realize no matter what the President produced the birthers would say it's a fake (as they have with everything else he's produced). He has produced the documents necessary by the United States to prove his birth here, to obtain a passport and to run for office. So what's the point in catering to the whims of some fringe group in tin foil hats? There is no requirement that he produce any more than what he has already produced.

If birthers truly believe he wasn't born here and his family was somehow magically all-knowing that he would one day run for president and put things into motion back then that would allow him to run decades later then birthers must also believe that ANYONE IN THE WORLD could do the same thing -- manage to fool many levels of state and federal government in order to run for the highest office in the land. It would be the greatest subterfuge in the entire history of the United States. This is akin to trying prove we really landed on the moon to skeptics who believe we didn't (and there are thousands of them out there, so saying there are thousands who don't believe Obama is a U.S. citizen really means nothing. I put them in with the moon-landing hoax nutcases.)

Barack Obama is the president of the United States. More likely than not, barring some unseen event, he will be reelected -- and I base that on the history of incumbent presidents running for reelection and the fact that no strong opponent is on the horizon to run against him. And THAT'S why this has come up again. Crazy people grasping as straws. He's got more important things to do than cater to some nutjobs from either side.

Of course I realize this. We are not talking about a few individuals, but a heard of Americans, who think little beyond what they are told by those in whom they place trust. I take it you noted that I could care less about the BC document. (And for LJ) the point of his BC is totally irrelevant at this point. He is the elected president and if it turns out that a legal issue comes to light, steps will be take to assure it not happen again. End of story.

Just because you have reasoned out why the BC issue is foolish to contest, does not mean that others with an opposing view are nutjobs. From their particular perspective all others are nutjobs who need to be put out to pasture. Their notions are equally valid because it is their belief. I do not know if you believe in God or not, but because I don't does not make you a nut job for believing in the almighty nor does it validate you if you do not. It is simply a belief one way or another. I'm all for live and let live. I realize I have enough personal issues that I'm far from being one to judge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 15:55 #62 by kresspin
Do you think people who believe the Earth is only thousands of years old are nutjobs?

08 Apr 2011 16:03 - 08 Apr 2011 16:10 #63 by Rockdoc

LadyJazzer wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Clearly, the currently presented facts are questionable and your belief in one side or another is akin to belief in God. No matter how much evidence is presented it is your faith only that brings you to the conclusion God exists. Unfortunately, faith is very much questioned when it comes to Mr. Obama.

You said what you said, and yes, I responded to what you said...

For further clarity, let me try again. The facts are questionable, and there is a lack of faith as amply demonstrated by some here and in the American political arena itself. This reflects my observation NOT my personal belief or position. And yes, there are some who will never get enough evidence to climb down from their side of the argument. Not me. As an honest scientist I need to never be married to my set of data alone. I'm more than ready to turn 180 degrees on any subject when I learn I've missed an important fact or observation as is always a possibility. In fact I pride myself on being able to do this. But my personal stance on this whole BC affair is not critical nor does it warrant discussion as I do not care enough one way or another. Likely, LJ, I've trodden in an area where I have no business.

08 Apr 2011 16:07 #64 by Rockdoc

kresspin wrote: Do you think people who believe the Earth is only thousands of years old are nutjobs?

No I do not. I may consider them choosing to ignore "facts" that I find acceptable, but "facts" they obviously question. I feel they are entitled to believe what they wish as I would like to do. This does not mean I would not go out of my way to present information that bears to the contrary of what they consider fact, or point out inconsistencies in their argument. I remain humbled by those scientist before me who were labeled as nut jobs only to be proven right centuries later.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds