Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

12 Apr 2011 12:56 #1 by Nmysys
This is the most impressive I have seen Rand Paul yet. He tells the "busy bodies" to stop regulating his household appliances. Stop telling him what light bulb to use and what kind of toilet to have. To all the communist that want Government to powder your butts from cradle to the grave... Grow up!!!!! And Butt Out!!!

[youtube:1ee8mh8z]
[/youtube:1ee8mh8z]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Apr 2011 13:15 #2 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :VeryScared: :thumbsup:

12 Apr 2011 13:28 #3 by ScienceChic
rofllol That's hilarious! He's insulted because his toilets don't work! Last I checked, consumers were offered rebates, not fines for what energy efficient purchases that they made, on top of the energy and water savings from their use.

He complains that consumers are limited in their choices due to efficiency regulations - bullsh*t. If he can't find one in this 34 page list that works, then he sucks at picking out a toilet (I can recommend one that's never clogged in the two years I've owned it, with 2 kids, and is a 1.28gpf).
http://www.epa.gov/watersense/product_search.html

If he doesn't have enough choice out of the 9 page list of clothes washers, then isn't it awful that he doesn't have additional choice. :bash
http://www.denverwater.org/Conservation ... alRebates/

Boo-hoo, he's limited to CFLs, halogens, or LEDs, by the hundreds, in bright white, daytime light, soft white, flood, ad nauseum. Oh, and there isn't even a ban on incandescents, thanks to the Republicans, so his point is grandstanding.

He's deflecting the point - there is no restriction on consumer's choices, there are thousands of products out there. This is about restrictions on the standards to which companies must make their products meet. Why do there need to be regulations on companies to produce energy efficient products instead of "cajoling" people to follow along, or extolling the savings values? Because right-wing think tanks have been good at confusing the public about the threat of AGW, Republicans have been obfuscating the data, bringing in paid energy company consultants to testify on AGW and, with the Dems, been pushing off real, effective reform, because they are corporate *******, even though the scientific community has been saying for over 30 years now that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Hell, the Republicans are even now trying to hamstring the EPA and its efforts to regulate CO2, arsenic, lead, etc emissions! :angry:

Rand Paul is a ******* idiot. And if you believe what he's saying, then let's go get your leash. Yes, I'm pissed off.

I'm going outside to water my garden now.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Apr 2011 13:31 #4 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!
First check to see if there are watering restrictions!!!

12 Apr 2011 14:34 #5 by Pony Soldier
Can he please get the EPA to put the phosphate back in our dish washing detergent!!!! My dishes haven't come out clean since they took it away.

12 Apr 2011 14:37 #6 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

towermonkey wrote: Can he please get the EPA to put the phosphate back in our dish washing detergent!!!! My dishes haven't come out clean since they took it away.

Use paper plates, but be careful how you dispose of them :wave:

12 Apr 2011 14:40 #7 by OmniScience
Watering a suburban garden during drought conditions? Shame on you. I sure hope you don't have a lawn of Kentucky bluegrass.

By the way, AGW is a myth, and incondecent bulbs convert about 90% of their energy use into heat, which is fine for people like myself who live in a home that doesn't have, or need, air conditioning. Why should I be limited in my choice of lighting options?

12 Apr 2011 14:51 #8 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!
OmniScience:

Argue with ScienceChic please, and you will see why I welcomed you when you first came on here. LOL

12 Apr 2011 14:53 #9 by RenegadeCJ

Science Chic wrote: rofllol That's hilarious! He's insulted because his toilets don't work! Last I checked, consumers were offered rebates, not fines for what energy efficient purchases that they made, on top of the energy and water savings from their use.

He complains that consumers are limited in their choices due to efficiency regulations - bullsh*t. If he can't find one in this 34 page list that works, then he sucks at picking out a toilet (I can recommend one that's never clogged in the two years I've owned it, with 2 kids, and is a 1.28gpf).
http://www.epa.gov/watersense/product_search.html

If he doesn't have enough choice out of the 9 page list of clothes washers, then isn't it awful that he doesn't have additional choice. :bash
http://www.denverwater.org/Conservation ... alRebates/

Boo-hoo, he's limited to CFLs, halogens, or LEDs, by the hundreds, in bright white, daytime light, soft white, flood, ad nauseum. Oh, and there isn't even a ban on incandescents, thanks to the Republicans, so his point is grandstanding.

He's deflecting the point - there is no restriction on consumer's choices, there are thousands of products out there. This is about restrictions on the standards to which companies must make their products meet. Why do there need to be regulations on companies to produce energy efficient products instead of "cajoling" people to follow along, or extolling the savings values? Because right-wing think tanks have been good at confusing the public about the threat of AGW, Republicans have been obfuscating the data, bringing in paid energy company consultants to testify on AGW and, with the Dems, been pushing off real, effective reform, because they are corporate *******, even though the scientific community has been saying for over 30 years now that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Hell, the Republicans are even now trying to hamstring the EPA and its efforts to regulate CO2, arsenic, lead, etc emissions! :angry:

Rand Paul is a ******* idiot. And if you believe what he's saying, then let's go get your leash. Yes, I'm pissed off.

I'm going outside to water my garden now.

Wow...an SC rant!! :thumbsup:
Guess you aren't in the building industry SC....regulations on what can be installed in new construction is rampant. If we really want to limit usage...why not charge demand rates for everything. Who cares what kind of lightbulbs, toilets, dryers, etc. I want to buy. You punish people who want a certain product, but you don't care how they use it. Is it better to have lots of windows, with a few incandescent lights only utilized in certain rooms in the night....or to have mercury filled CFL's (with the instructions on how to clean up a broken bulb and dispose of the hazardous waste within reach) left on all day? Rand Paul is right. If you want to control the endgame...then control it. Just don't tell me how to get there.

And no, we shouldn't regulate CO2....and the republicans are trying to find a happy medium between regulation and strangulation of the economy.

Oh, and good thing you are a flatlander....due to the govt, many of us who live up here, by law, cannot water our gardens.

There....I got to rant too!!! :wink:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

12 Apr 2011 14:54 #10 by ScienceChic
I use rainwater that I collect from a deck I had added onto the side of my home, thanks for asking.

No, AGW is not a myth, but I'd love to hear your arguments for why it is.

Do you leave your light bulbs on all day to heat your home or do you use a furnace/fireplace/stove/passive solar? You condemn me for wasting water, but it's okay for you to waste energy on an inefficient light bulb? That's a little hypocritical don't you think? The point is, you aren't limited in your choice of lighting - there are plenty of options out there.

The fact is, one of the government's duties is to make sure that businesses aren't harming us, or the environment, with their practices. Or do you think we should've left lead in paint and gasoline? Or that manufacturers shouldn;t have to improve efficiency in available products, just keep making cars that only get 5 mpg or use 20 gallons of water per load of laundry? Yes, in a ideal world, people would realize that they save tons of money switching to CFLs or LEDs or halogen bulbs and stop using incandescents and that type of bulb goes away thanks to free market enterprise. However, there is no true free market anymore - look at oil - thanks to government subsidies for the last 100+ years, it's artificially low. if it priced to truly reflect market value, we would've switched long ago.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds