Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

12 Apr 2011 21:28 #31 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

towermonkey wrote: You used to at least have entertaining insults. Now you're just boring and predictable.

Rich coming from the honorary woman member of The Damaged Women of 285 Bound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Apr 2011 22:23 #32 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

So I assume you are paying your Colorado Consumer Use Tax for those blow-up dolls you buy on the internet from sites which don't charge sales tax?

Best post I have read......LOL. I laughed out loud.

Great post pineinthegrass. How's your floor?

13 Apr 2011 06:17 #33 by RenegadeCJ

Science Chic wrote: I use rainwater that I collect from a deck I had added onto the side of my home, thanks for asking.

Which is illegal if you live in town. Just another govt. regulation I don't agree with.

Since the debate over AGW won't be solved until many years from now, and the fact that nature is going to warm and cool regardless of what we do, the better solution is to plan for the warming, not spend tons of $$ to minimize human's miniscule impact on it.

Real pollution is another issue. If you have ever been to China, you will see what real pollution is. You can cut that air with a knife!

The fact is, one of the government's duties is to make sure that businesses aren't harming us, or the environment, with their practices. Or do you think we should've left lead in paint and gasoline? Or that manufacturers shouldn;t have to improve efficiency in available products, just keep making cars that only get 5 mpg or use 20 gallons of water per load of laundry? Yes, in a ideal world, people would realize that they save tons of money switching to CFLs or LEDs or halogen bulbs and stop using incandescents and that type of bulb goes away thanks to free market enterprise. However, there is no true free market anymore - look at oil - thanks to government subsidies for the last 100+ years, it's artificially low. if it priced to truly reflect market value, we would've switched long ago.

Yes, we should have removed lead from products, when the technology was there for a equal or better product. Your light bulb comparison is false though, since CFL's are extremely hazardous to your health if you break them. An incandescent will only cut your foot. I'm a big fan of LED's. They too have a small hazardous waste component, but they last so much longer, and aren't fragile like CFL's are.

I completely disagree with the oil statement. If govt completely got out of the oil business....no subsidies, no regulation on where it could be recovered, I believe oil would be less, if not substantially less than today.

I believe manufacturers should make what the consumer wants. Yes, make a more efficient washer/car/whatever. Those who want it, and want to "save $$" (you may or may not actually save any $$) can choose to buy it. They are the "smart ones" right? Those dumb people who want a truck to pull their boat to the lake....they should be able to do that too. No incentives should be provided by govt, because as you said, subsidies cause a false market.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

13 Apr 2011 06:46 #34 by Mayhem

RenegadeCJ wrote: Real pollution is another issue. If you have ever been to China, you will see what real pollution is. You can cut that air with a knife!

Look on the bright side. If the pollution is that bad all the chinese will die and we will get all those jobs back. :biggrin:

Problem with the pollution line is if that were true India should be barren, instead it is poised to become the most populous country ahead of China.

But there is no reasoning with eco jihadists.

13 Apr 2011 07:11 #35 by Mayhem
Back to the OP. The look on that DC's face at the end says it all. I'd love to get that mexican dude from a few years back out of prison and give him a pickup and a new chain and tell him have at it. But the odds are ritter has probably already pardoned him. It's what criminals do for their fellow criminals.

13 Apr 2011 11:23 #36 by pineinthegrass

Becky wrote: Great post pineinthegrass. How's your floor?

Nice carpet!

[unpaid_advertisement]CARPET DIRECT![/unpaid_advertisement]

13 Apr 2011 11:33 #37 by Mayhem

pineinthegrass wrote: Nice carpet!

Hey quit using looney jerk's pick up line.

13 Apr 2011 11:52 #38 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote: I use rainwater that I collect from a deck I had added onto the side of my home, thanks for asking.

Real pollution is another issue. If you have ever been to China, you will see what real pollution is. You can cut that air with a knife!

Had a nice reply to agree, but phone rang and I guess I didn't hit submit... Maybe later.
BUT you folks, have no idea what it's like in China. Well, maybe I do have some time...
Was there 1st time in late 70's (5weeks), 2nd in early 80's (3 weeks). Beijing was bad but not near as bad as an 18 hours train ride south (BTW, the toilets are a hole cut in the floor of the train, no lights (folks steal the light bulbs), must admit it didn't smell, and was kinda refreshing, with that wind swilling around, did feel sorry for the women that could stand to pee.), Than driving 5+hours west, on a road with bits & chunks, of asphalt, with a van that had no shocks, (think my kidneys still hurt from that ride), and with everybody smoking in the van, than running out of gas within sight of the world’s largest Power plant, and finding out that we’d been driving with two 5 gallon, and one 1 gallon plastic gas cans in the back, O did I mention the fact that I had to sit with leg spend so that I could rest my feet on what was left of the floorboard? Felt really dizzy, because the CO2 from motor “exhaust” was coming up though the hole.
I will not mention the bats in my “hotel” room, the strange and interesting insects, and all those smells, almost overload!
NICEST PEOPLE I've ever met, except the party leaders, (could say UNION LEADERS), that would make sure that I wasn't allowed to talk TO much about the WEST!

13 Apr 2011 15:53 #39 by Pony Soldier
I've been talking with someone who just got back from a trip to China. He would agree with the pollution problem, although I think it is worse than you are stating. As far as the rest, it just depends on where you are. It is a HUGE country and the variety is almost endless.

14 Apr 2011 05:07 #40 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!
Agreed, Remember I was there late 70's/early 80's. So, it could only get worse. I didn't even bring up the OYSTER WALTZ, in Beijing, or the Great Wall with signs everywhere "NO SPITTING ON WALL!" Nor the babies with their pants bottoms cut out, so there just let fly whenever. That was the first thing I saw happen as I was waiting in Beijing Airport, Dad took kid outside (Thank God), and let the kid poop in the gutter. The REALLY bad thing was that the bathroom was closer. They also burn so much coal that don’t even want to go into what happens after you sneeze, (but you SEE why God gave us noses, to protect us from all that coal particles.

(EDITED: Than WHY does China get except from ALL the pollution clean-up/Global Warming treaties?)
Maybe the leftist can help us with that question?

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds