Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

14 Apr 2011 07:41 #41 by Pony Soldier
My guess is because they can. They have leverage. I personally don't agree with any treaty that excepts the largest polluter(s) in the world. For a treaty to work, every country needs to be equally handicapped. I happen to think that climate change is real (now, after getting schooled by SC) but I also think that there are many who jump straight to denial about it who wouldn't if the damned treaties were written so that each country participated equally. There is a great deal of hypocrisy on both sides of the debate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 09:07 #42 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!
Agreed, But I DO NOT agree that warming/cooling is man-made, as if we could do it if we tried....

14 Apr 2011 09:15 #43 by Pony Soldier
Well, of course not entirely, but some small percentage of the GW is man made. We have to accept responsibility for what we do. It is very convenient to just deny all of the science that points to our portion of the climate change by saying that we aren't capable of changing the weather. Remember the Ozone layer and what was happening to it prior to the ban on CFC's.

14 Apr 2011 09:24 #44 by TPP
Which has been proven incorrect.

14 Apr 2011 09:32 #45 by LadyJazzer
In your opinion.

14 Apr 2011 10:00 #46 by TPP
O don't get me wrong, with all the coal burners in the east, emitting SO2 and then the rain turning it into Sulfurous acid, H2SO3), and eating up the marble in the surrounding areas, including D.C.
TOTALLY man-made, regulations have taken care of that problem mostly, (beacuse volcanos also emit SO2 & H2S (which turns into Sulphuric Acid H2SO4, not to be confused with H2SO3) And that's THANKS to Muskie (d) held the highest office (Secretary of State) held by a Polish American in U.S. history, and also is the only Polish American ever nominated by a major party for Vice President. (YES, Go POLOCKS!) and Thanks to President Nixon - Nixon signed into law the Clean Air Act Extension of 1970, amending the Clean Air Act of 1963 to greater enforce environmental regulations.
Nixon then established the Environmental Protection Agency, streamlining several agencies into one, making it easier to regulate and enforce environmental laws.

Over the years, like ALL Government programs the corruption, the GREED, and the OVER regulations, have made the EPA uncontrollable, and they HAVE to be reined in, and BE REASONABLE, enforcement should not be automatic fines, but a certain period to repair equipment and if ignored than fined. They are VERY HEAVY handed with their power... Because 1st company must comply with city regulations, then county, then state, and then the FEDS. Laws can be the same of all different, it's like they (EPA) will make it the hardest for companies to comply with all the different regs. OK, IMO, The Feds need to be the last to nail, these fools that PURPOSALY pollute, BUT SHOULD NOT BE the 1st response but last it's the States regs. that should matter most...

Sorry, gotta go support those that are unable or unwilling to work for themselves....

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds