Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

12 Apr 2011 18:31 #21 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

OmniScience wrote: Sorry, Nmysys. I wish I had more time for that, but I've read enough of SC's posts to understand that she has 100% faith in science, no matter how often they are wrong. I would guess she's all for the Cap and Trade nonsense even though there would be no way to measure or quantify any difference it could possibly make in climate variation.

Over the years I've seen a disturbing trend in science, natural sciences in particular. Way too much faith in computer models, and little humility when it comes to admitting how little we know about our own planet and how ignorant we are of how the sun influences our planet. After spending well over a decade working with computer models related to natural sciences, I know how unreliable they can be. A perfect example are the hurricane predictions which I think are accurate about 50% of the time. Unknown variables = poor models.

Actually, SC, I'm sure I use far less energy around my house than you do. I haven't had an electricity bill over $50.00 in years and my last gas bill was about $40. I have a couple of CFL's that are about 15 years old now and run all my electronics on surge protectors that I turn off to eliminate phantom loads. I have no air conditioning and often use my woodstove to heat my home which I keep at 60 degrees all winter. I've always lived a conservative lifestyle, and was influenced by people like Muir, Pinchot, and Teddy R. I am all for conservation efforts, but am opposed to the growing trend of government control in all areas of our lives.

By the way, SC, don't you have children? Do you have some computer model data that can give me an idea of how much
of a 'carbon footprint' today's children will be responsible for?

You are a breath of fresh air...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Apr 2011 18:56 #22 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Pro-Choice, I think Not!!

Science Chic wrote: rofllol That's hilarious! He's insulted because his toilets don't work! Last I checked, consumers were offered rebates, not fines for what energy efficient purchases that they made, on top of the energy and water savings from their use.

He complains that consumers are limited in their choices due to efficiency regulations - bullsh*t. If he can't find one in this 34 page list that works, then he sucks at picking out a toilet (I can recommend one that's never clogged in the two years I've owned it, with 2 kids, and is a 1.28gpf).
http://www.epa.gov/watersense/product_search.html

If he doesn't have enough choice out of the 9 page list of clothes washers, then isn't it awful that he doesn't have additional choice. :bash
http://www.denverwater.org/Conservation ... alRebates/

Boo-hoo, he's limited to CFLs, halogens, or LEDs, by the hundreds, in bright white, daytime light, soft white, flood, ad nauseum. Oh, and there isn't even a ban on incandescents, thanks to the Republicans, so his point is grandstanding.

He's deflecting the point - there is no restriction on consumer's choices, there are thousands of products out there. This is about restrictions on the standards to which companies must make their products meet. Why do there need to be regulations on companies to produce energy efficient products instead of "cajoling" people to follow along, or extolling the savings values? Because right-wing think tanks have been good at confusing the public about the threat of AGW, Republicans have been obfuscating the data, bringing in paid energy company consultants to testify on AGW and, with the Dems, been pushing off real, effective reform, because they are corporate *******, even though the scientific community has been saying for over 30 years now that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Hell, the Republicans are even now trying to hamstring the EPA and its efforts to regulate CO2, arsenic, lead, etc emissions! :angry:

Rand Paul is a ******* idiot. And if you believe what he's saying, then let's go get your leash. Yes, I'm pissed off.

I'm going outside to water my garden now.

eco nazi.

12 Apr 2011 19:42 #23 by Mayhem

Science Chic wrote: I use rainwater that I collect from a deck I had added onto the side of my home, .

So this place is run by a criminal. Colorado law which changed in 2009 states people who live in municipal water districts are forbidden to collect rain water. It doesn't belong to them. Stealing from other citizens. Thief.

12 Apr 2011 20:13 #24 by Pony Soldier

Baileyboy wrote:

Science Chic wrote: I use rainwater that I collect from a deck I had added onto the side of my home, .

So this place is run by a criminal. Colorado law which changed in 2009 states people who live in municipal water districts are forbidden to collect rain water. It doesn't belong to them. Stealing from other citizens. Thief.

Still a dick huh?

12 Apr 2011 20:47 #25 by pineinthegrass

Baileyboy wrote:

So I assume you are paying your Colorado Consumer Use Tax for those blow-up dolls you buy on the internet from sites which don't charge sales tax?

12 Apr 2011 20:57 #26 by daisypusher
A person in CO should never admit to collecting or diverting rain water unless they meet the qualifications necessary to do so. There are truly water Nazis out there.

12 Apr 2011 21:10 #27 by Mayhem

pineinthegrass wrote:

Baileyboy wrote:

So I assume you are paying your Colorado Consumer Use Tax for those blow-up dolls you buy on the internet from sites which don't charge sales tax?

Another FAIL from the synchro gang.

12 Apr 2011 21:13 #28 by Mayhem

daisypusher wrote: A person in CO should never admit to collecting or diverting rain water unless they meet the qualifications necessary to do so. There are truly water Nazis out there.

Yeah but what sweet justice that would be. An eco nazi hoisted by a water nazi. Poetic justice. Like hitler getting taken down by stalin.

12 Apr 2011 21:15 #29 by Mayhem

towermonkey wrote:
Still a dick huh?

Still got a dick up you huh?

12 Apr 2011 21:22 #30 by Pony Soldier
You used to at least have entertaining insults. Now you're just boring and predictable.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds