I'm normal- you're weird

14 Apr 2011 14:38 #1 by Blazer Bob
To address the deeper issues involved in ethnocentrism, we need a more specific definition. In this sense, ethnocentrism can be defined as making false assumptions about others' ways based on our own limited experience (Ricker 7). The key word is assumptions, because we are not even aware that we are being ethnocentric. We don't understand that we don't understand

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/i ... nocentrism

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 14:44 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic I'm normal- you're weird
I couldn't go read the article, it wanted me to sign up....not going to do that. But I love the title of this thread, it pretty much sums up 90% of the discussions here.

:thumbsup:

14 Apr 2011 14:49 - 14 Apr 2011 14:51 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic I'm normal- you're weird
It should Archer, it was posted by him directly to you!!!

To show you how weird you are, I went to look at it and it didn't ask me to sign up for anything.

That is just your excuse for not reading what someone posts!!

14 Apr 2011 14:49 #4 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic I'm normal- you're weird

archer wrote: I couldn't go read the article, it wanted me to sign up....not going to do that. But I love the title of this thread, it pretty much sums up 90% of the discussions here.

:thumbsup:

? I clicked on it and it worked. I found it by googling ethnocentric.

14 Apr 2011 14:59 #5 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic I'm normal- you're weird
Hmmm, I didn't have to sign up for anything either.

I guess I'm normal, and... :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

14 Apr 2011 14:59 #6 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic I'm normal- you're weird
Very interesting article Neptune. thank you. I didn't have to sign up to read it. I particularly liked this bit: " Many westerners have a “binary conflict” view of life, like right or wrong, liberal versus conservative, and so on and so forth, "

These are many of the same points I was attemting to make (albeit poorly apparently) in the face veil thread.

14 Apr 2011 15:00 #7 by Pony Soldier
Link worked okay for me. You must be weird archer....

14 Apr 2011 15:19 #8 by archer
my apologies, with my browser I didn't scroll down far enough, since I was working off a cell phone all I saw was the sign in request and a lot of blank white space. Switching to the computer.....it was easier.

That does not mean, however, that I'm no longer weird....I rather cherish my weirdness.

For those of you who accused me of using it as an excuse not to read the article.....that would be you nmysys....I expected no less from you....it seems to be your mission here to insult me every chance you get.

14 Apr 2011 15:21 #9 by Pony Soldier
285bound on a cell phone? You really are weird! Site takes forever to load on a 3G phone.

14 Apr 2011 15:36 #10 by archer

towermonkey wrote: 285bound on a cell phone? You really are weird! Site takes forever to load on a 3G phone.

not on my DroidX...it loads as fast as most computers...... It's verizon 3g. I can actually go from one web site to another on my phone pretty quickly. It's easier to carry the phone around with me especially when I'm going outside than to carry a laptop :) I have kindle on the cell, so I usually take it with me to read my books rather than drag the kindle.....and I can check forums if I want. :wink:

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds