Domestic terrorist slime ID'd after planting bomb @ SWPlaza

24 Apr 2011 19:43 #1 by LadyJazzer

Earl Albert Moore Suspected Of Planting Bomb Near Columbine

DENVER (Reuters/Keith Coffman) - The FBI on Sunday identified a recently paroled bank robber as the man suspected of planting a bomb at a crowded shopping mall near Columbine High School last week on the 12th anniversary of the school massacre.

Earl Albert Moore, 65, who remains at large, "is considered armed and dangerous and has an extensive criminal background," the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force said in a news release.

Previously described as a "person of interest" in the investigation and pictured in surveillance camera images released to the public last week, the FBI said Moore is suspected of placing a pipe bomb near two propane tanks at the Southwest Plaza mall in suburban Denver on April 20.

Moore was paroled from federal prison on April 13 after serving time for his conviction in the 2005 robbery of a West Virginia bank, according to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.

He was originally sentenced to 18 years in prison, but a federal judge cut his sentence to seven years at the behest of prosecutors who said Moore had provided them with "substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person." Federal law enforcement officials have called the planned mall bombing an act of "domestic terrorism."

The FBI said Moore goes by several aliases, including John Lindzy, Earl Buchanan, Donald Morelli and Gary Steele.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/2 ... 53078.html

He is considered "armed and extremely dangerous."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2011 07:21 #2 by FredHayek
Thanks heavens he was as incompetent making bombs as the Islamic foreign national underwear bomber and the Times Square fifth column Islamic American citizen bomber.

I would like to hear the motivation for the mall bomber. Just wanted to go back to prison? His list of crimes don't look political. Maybe he found the Islamic religion in prison and converted?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Apr 2011 08:04 #3 by Nobody that matters

Law enforcement officials are being tight-lipped about any motive Moore may have had for trying to explode the bombs in the mall.
"Jefferson County Sheriff Ted Mink has indicated, however, that even though the incident took place on the 12th anniversary of the Columbine massacre, he does not believe it was meant to be a copycat crime.

"It's not pointing that way quite frankly, preliminarily," Mink told ABC News. "There's a lot of dissimilarities that would make this a unique incident."

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/tag/earl-albert-moore

The possibilities are infinite. Political, religious, monetary, insanity...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

25 Apr 2011 08:11 #4 by Sunshine Girl
What an idiot! Hope he is found soon. Send his ass straight back to prison and this time don't let him try to snitch his way out early.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Apr 2011 08:17 #5 by FredHayek
Not a copycat crime? I am not a detective, but the guy goes across the country and his bomb is quite similar to Klebold & Harris's and happens on the same day years later.

I am also glad that K&H weren't good bombmakers either. The police locking down Columbine would have been much more awful if the kids were inside when the bombs were going off.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Apr 2011 08:27 #6 by AspenValley
Bank robber turns domestic terrorist? Something about that just doesnt ring true.

25 Apr 2011 08:29 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
You hear what they want you to know.

25 Apr 2011 08:36 #8 by Nobody that matters
Make sense if the bomb's location was near a safe.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

25 Apr 2011 08:36 #9 by Sunshine Girl

AspenValley wrote: Bank robber turns domestic terrorist? Something about that just doesnt ring true.

You've got a point there AV, but he sure does look like the guy on the video at the mall. Maybe a 'for hire' crime. Criminals will do anything for money even if it isn't their usual 'mo.'

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Apr 2011 09:02 #10 by Martin Ent Inc
Everyone watch CSI then you will figure it out in 1 hour.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds