What Does This Mean?

26 Apr 2011 17:14 #21 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic What Does This Mean?
[youtube:2gm933lw]
[/youtube:2gm933lw]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2011 17:17 #22 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic What Does This Mean?

Nmysys wrote: Duh!!

Until Obama came along to tell us different, this country was considered to be a Christian Nation, based upon Judeo-Christian principles. I found this OP to be quite interesting. BTW since you are somewhat new to this forum Kate, I, myself am not a Christian.

Would you mind showing me where in the Constitution it states we are a "Christian Nation"? I was kind of under the impression it stated, on the contrary, that there was to be no establishment of a "State Religion".

Whether or not Judeo-Christian values were strong influences in this country, I don't see where that obligates Obama or any other President to make any particular official notice of Easter.

26 Apr 2011 17:20 #23 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic What Does This Mean?
Obama celebrated Easter quote publically. If this is the only thing he did this week to upset you then I guess I can put you down as an Obama admirer. That's whats wrong with this nation. Instead of being serious people who take our politics seriously, we've turned into a nation of partisan nitpickers who behave like disapproving old biddies. If we've got crappy governance it all you alls fault for crP like this.

26 Apr 2011 17:20 #24 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic What Does This Mean?

Nmysys wrote: Apparently the great and wise OLD one Archer knows exactly what I am saying, doing, thinking, etc. Sage that she is.

I happen to be Jewish, but it doesn't stop me from seeing the things that Obama is doing to this country.

I don't understand what you think he is doing to this country. Is it bad or good? You are very vague.

Nmysys wrote: Kate. Do you recall him saying he had visited all 57 states? Do you recall that he was raised a Muslim by not one father, but he actually spent much more time with his stepfather in Indonesia. There are some records of his schooling as a Muslim. He then says he attended Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church for over 20 years but never listened to any of his sermons.

I remember that most people realized that he misspoke while on the campaign trail and that only a few people think he seriously visited 57 states. He says he attended a christian church for 20 years - I believe him. Is he lying?
A more serious question - what's wrong with being raised Muslim?

Nmysys wrote: If he is now a Christian as he claimed while running for the office of POTUS, why would he not make a Declaration on Easter Sunday ( The Holiest Day of the Holiest Week of The Holiest Period of the Year, to those of the Christian Faith) after so many Declarations celebrating Muslim Holidays?

Lady Jazzer brought up that Bush 2 did not issue statements for Easter, either. Does that upset you as well? Does the President have to issue declarations for every religious celebration? Did he issue one for Christmas?

Nmysys wrote: I know the Nmysys Haters on here will have answers or attacks, but I find that to be an interesting question.

Again, I am coming to the conclusion that you will jump on anything Obama does - or does not - do, just because he is a Democrat.

26 Apr 2011 17:27 #25 by archer
Replied by archer on topic What Does This Mean?

Nmysys wrote: If he is now a Christian as he claimed while running for the office of POTUS, why would he not make a Declaration on Easter Sunday ( The Holiest Day of the Holiest Week of The Holiest Period of the Year, to those of the Christian Faith) after so many Declarations celebrating Muslim Holidays?

I'm curious, how many declarations celebrating Muslim Holidays has Obama done? I don't recall any, but I'm sure you can direct me to them. And what exactly does a "declaration" on a religious holiday from a president consist of?

26 Apr 2011 19:02 #26 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic What Does This Mean?
And Dubya NEVER issued an Easter proclamation. And Reagan NEVER issued an Easter proclamation. You guys are becoming way too easy to deal with these days...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

26 Apr 2011 19:17 #27 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic What Does This Mean?
Here Archer, in the original post.

the White House has released statements recognizing the observance of major Muslim holidays and released statements in 2010 on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha. Hmmmm...

26 Apr 2011 19:26 #28 by archer
Replied by archer on topic What Does This Mean?

Nmysys wrote: Here Archer, in the original post.

the White House has released statements recognizing the observance of major Muslim holidays and released statements in 2010 on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha. Hmmmm...

Let me get this straight.....you are using yourself as the source for a statement made by you.....only a conservative would think of doing that.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

26 Apr 2011 21:04 #29 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic What Does This Mean?
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article ... esident%29

But wait — it gets even more ridiculous. Here’s the complete list of official Presidential Proclamations, http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/proclamations.php going back to 1789. I scanned back to 1980, and didn’t find a single Presidential Easter proclamation. That’s right. Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush — none of them issued official Easter proclamations.

OMG! We've elected atheist, Muslim-loving, Christian-hating, Leif Ericson-worshipping communists in every time we've voted for president! :VeryScared: :faint:

Nmysys wrote: Until Obama came along to tell us different, this country was considered to be a Christian Nation, based upon Judeo-Christian principles.

I recall something similar once being written about a Catholic presidential nominee...

To address fears that his being Catholic would impact his decision-making, he famously told the Greater Houston Ministerial Association on September 12, 1960, "I am not the Catholic candidate for President. I am the Democratic Party candidate for President who also happens to be a Catholic. I do not speak for my Church on public matters – and the Church does not speak for me."[33] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... -1,00.html
POLITICS: The Catholic Issue
Monday, Apr. 18, 1960

Last week Jack Kennedy proved beyond doubt in the Wisconsin primary (see following story) that an attractive, hard-campaigning Catholic candidate can count on a powerful Catholic vote that cuts across labor-union loyalties, the farm problem, and even—to a lesser extent—party lines. By proving it, Kennedy lifted the Catholic issue out of the murk of religious innuendo into the arena of discussion, where it can be debated as a political fact of life. He cleared the air of the polite nonsense that talk of his Catholicism is bigotry—or that for a Protestant to vote against a Catholic is bigotry.

The Wall Street Journal was closer when it editorialized last week: "The country would do better, we think, to face the fact honestly that religion is, and always has been, a political issue and that it is not improper for it to be so . . .So let us by all means not bar religion from politics. Let us even in this campaign ask ourselves anew the ancient questions about Church and State. But let us make sure we are asking them in the right way for our time."

Hmm, take out the word Catholic and put in...

Are we asking, in the right way, for our time, yet, 51 years later, the right questions about Church and State?

Oh, BTW, Bush was a Muslim too... rofllol
http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2008 ... tings.html
President Bush Sends Muslims Greetings On Eid al-Adha
Tuesday, December 09, 2008

http://islamizationwatch.blogspot.com/2 ... -adha.html
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Islam: Bush sends Muslims Eid al-Adha greetings

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/12/bush- ... slims.html
Bush sends Muslims Eid al-Adha greetings, reinforces hatred toward non-Muslims

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Apr 2011 21:42 - 26 Apr 2011 21:54 #30 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic What Does This Mean?
(WNNS) Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner said Congress needs to take a look at the important issue of why President Barack Obama failed to issue a proclamation for Easter.

Boehner, citing right-wing Blogs, said Obama issued at least six proclamations for Muslim holidays, most of which he couldn't pronounce.

Obama conducted the annual White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday, made a public church appearance Sunday, hosted an Easter prayer breakfast last week and said:

"I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -– because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there’s something about the resurrection — something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.
We all live in the hustle and bustle of our work. And everybody in this room has weighty responsibilities, from leading churches and denominations, to helping to administer important government programs, to shaping our culture in various ways. And I admit that my plate has been full as well. (Laughter.) The inbox keeps on accumulating. (Laughter.)
But then comes Holy Week. The triumph of Palm Sunday. The humility of Jesus washing the disciples’ feet. His slow march up that hill, and the pain and the scorn and the shame of the cross.
And we’re reminded that in that moment, he took on the sins of the world — past, present and future — and he extended to us that unfathomable gift of grace and salvation through his death and resurrection.
In the words of the book Isaiah: “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this “Amazing Grace” calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I’ve not shown grace to others, those times that I’ve fallen short. It calls me to praise God for the gift of our son — his Son and our Savior.
And that’s why we have this breakfast. Because in the middle of critical national debates, in the middle of our busy lives, we must always make sure that we are keeping things in perspective. Children help do that. (Laughter.) A strong spouse helps do that. But nothing beats scripture and the reminder of the eternal."

President Obama mentioned both Easter and Passover in his weekly radio address on Saturday. The White House said his actions underscore the importance the president ascribed to the Christian calendar's holiest day.

A search of The American Presidency Project for every year of George W. Bush’s presidency, failed to find a single official Easter Proclamation issued by the president. And the same is true for Ronald Reagan’s presidency: no Easter proclamations were ever issued.

A further search of proclamations issued by President Obama since January 2010 on The Presidency Project failed to turn up any proclamations issued for Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, or Eid-ul-Adha.

When pressed, Boehner couldn't explain why he was singling out the current president for criticism. He directed reporters to Fox News, which started the false controversy.

(C) 2011 Wing Nut News Service - WNNS

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds