What Does This Mean?

30 Apr 2011 15:31 #61 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic What Does This Mean?
And they don't talk to each other...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2011 15:36 #62 by Residenttroll returns
""I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -– because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there’s something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective." Obama at a Easter prayer breakfast.

What's that perspective? We are still waiting for the explanation.....

Wait, I think I got it....

In stead of three days when Jesus rose again, it's three years later and Obama is going to resurrect this campaign again.

LOL LOL oh yes, the messyiah will rise again after his last interview with Oprah (LOL)....after a $ 1 billion fundraising - should I mention tax free too?

Sustainability of Stupidity.... that's the goal of the democrats.

30 Apr 2011 15:43 #63 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic What Does This Mean?
I think I've been here already on page 4 or 5...

30 Apr 2011 15:47 #64 by Residenttroll returns

kresspin wrote: I think I've been here already on page 4 or 5...

Hey KrazySpin, yeah you douche the post...

02 May 2011 05:39 #65 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic What Does This Mean?
Good ta see ya back RT!

02 May 2011 09:00 #66 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic What Does This Mean?

residenttroll wrote:

kresspin wrote: I think I've been here already on page 4 or 5...

Hey KrazySpin, yeah you douche the post...

If you were a woman, you'd realize you just said..

"Hey KrazySpin, yeah you clean the post.." :wink:

02 May 2011 09:18 #67 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic What Does This Mean?

AspenValley wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Duh!!

Until Obama came along to tell us different, this country was considered to be a Christian Nation, based upon Judeo-Christian principles. I found this OP to be quite interesting. BTW since you are somewhat new to this forum Kate, I, myself am not a Christian.

Would you mind showing me where in the Constitution it states we are a "Christian Nation"? I was kind of under the impression it stated, on the contrary, that there was to be no establishment of a "State Religion".

Whether or not Judeo-Christian values were strong influences in this country, I don't see where that obligates Obama or any other President to make any particular official notice of Easter.

No there is no obligation, just like there is no obligation to make any proclamations regarding Muslim holidays. It is a matter of choice. And, in that choice are the underpinnings of the Obama self.

02 May 2011 09:29 #68 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic What Does This Mean?
Boy, it's a good thing that there WERE NO "proclamations regarding Muslim holidays." I would hate to think what kind of upset that would cause.

02 May 2011 09:47 #69 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic What Does This Mean?

Nmysys wrote: ...So IMO he favors Muslim holidays.

It's the politics of inclusion.

For a Christian - the Christian holidays are presumed.

By comparison, when you're trying to ensure that a possibly marginalized group is included, you go out of your way to acknowledge things that are important to them.

(my boss overseas went out of his way to wish me (and Christian co-workers) happy Easter and Christmas.

By comparison - we too the Prophet's birthday off - with no ceremony or even mention.

(an example of the politics of inclusion).

Political correctness does not necessarily represent an individual's personal beliefs.

02 May 2011 11:13 #70 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic What Does This Mean?

bailey bud wrote:

Nmysys wrote: ...So IMO he favors Muslim holidays.

It's the politics of inclusion.

For a Christian - the Christian holidays are presumed.

By comparison, when you're trying to ensure that a possibly marginalized group is included, you go out of your way to acknowledge things that are important to them.

(my boss overseas went out of his way to wish me (and Christian co-workers) happy Easter and Christmas.

By comparison - we too the Prophet's birthday off - with no ceremony or even mention.

(an example of the politics of inclusion).

Political correctness does not necessarily represent an individual's personal beliefs.

Agreed, so if oblama don't want to do anything Christian, we can only "presume" that he is not in favor of the Christian religion, correct?
O BTW, just making a point, don't like his belief system, but that's between him and His Maker (whomever/whatever that happens to be.)

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds