Burland Ranch Sport Stadium update

14 Jun 2010 16:11 #11 by Beeks
Now I'm really lost!

Here's a tip. If you're passionate about an issue, which you obviously are, try to articulate your argument using proper grammar and spelling. You'll likely get a whole bunch more folks to understand and join you. Acting dumb, which I doubt you are, hurts your cause rather than helps it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2010 17:33 #12 by Pony Soldier
Are they going to name it "Mile 1/2 High"?

14 Jun 2010 19:44 #13 by Wayne Harrison
tilt, you sure this didn't come to you in a dream?

15 Jun 2010 09:19 - 15 Jun 2010 09:38 #14 by Tilt
INFO UPDATE: The meeting will be Thursday at 6PM.
All Park county taxpayers are welcome. Especially the
homeowners. Don't let the braindead types above who like to control everyone scare you off. They do plan a large
Sports stadium and to take the water under false pretensis
regardless of what homeowners think. These outsiders
could care less if your home declines in value-its the
power they want.
Meeting---Shawnee Vet Center on hwy285.-6PM,Thursday

15 Jun 2010 09:23 #15 by 2wlady
The initial proposal by PCLL was for FOUR new ball fields on the equestrian land, with two wells, one on each side of Bluebird Drive, with restrooms, water for the concession stands and new concession stands and turf with massive irrigation. National Little League teams have a history of getting what they want, asking for more and getting that. PCLL even called it a Sports Stadium.

At the time of the April 2009 meeting, PCLL scaled down their request to two fields on the equestrian land, with all else the same. They backed off on that, for now. Now it is all about the existing fields, getting a well, flush toilets, incinerator for waste, water for dust, toilets, concession stands and they'll throw some of the well water to the equestrian land.

Throughout this entire saga, PCLL has never responded to homeowners' requests for information. I have specifically asked for a record of injuries. The only response I have received is that they only keep track of hospitalizations and they can't release that information because of HIPPA. However, other Little League teams keep records of all injuries, those where the player cannot return to the game, can return to the game and injuries resulting in a trip to the ER. This is for insurance purposes. I'm still waiting for that information. It can easily be given, because they do not have to give personal information, just the information concerning date of injury, what was happening and what the injury was. PCLL will not do this, because "they only fill out forms for hospitalization."

PCLL states that children need something to do. What happened to 4H and church activities, Scouts, etc.? I am not against baseball. I am against an organization that sneaks around to get what they want, refuses to provide documentation of what they state are the current problems, and say that the homeowners are liars and selfish.

I have heard that the BOCC and L&WTB found some homeowner(s) who did not oppose the well and took that to the Colorado Water Board. I cannot confirm this, but none of us who oppose it were given a voice at the CWB, because we didn't know about the filing. And, if there are homeowners who spoke up for the well, why are their names not given? None of us homeowners has threatened anyone nor will we. We are not physically violent people.

Noise ordinance: I assume, and probably correctly, that BOCC will grant an exception for PCLL and their renters to make
all the noise they wish.

Traffic: Turning off CR72 onto Bluebird is a mess and nothing has been done about it. We homeowners continue to have to cope with vehicles turning and practically rear-ending us when we stop for mail.

There are many meetings going on that we homeowners know nothing about. Yes, we're invited to PCLL board meetings, but when and where? The invitation, come to our next board meeting, never has the date, time and place.

Road & Bridge can't fix our roads, but they were over at the ball fields for a number of weeks working. A PCLL representative declared that it didn't cost anything. Well, it didn't cost PCLL anything. It did cost us taxpayers.
Whose budget did that come out of?

And then the state land issue. Where is that? One person stated that it is not level. Duh! We're in the mountains. The proposed ball fields on the equestrian land isn't level either. Another stated that residents would be affected same as Burland. Doesn't have to be so. There is enough land for a good buffer for those residents, unlike the Burland area.

When the ball fields were put in, illegally, I might add, there were few residents and few full year residents. That has changed. There are more houses and people live here all year round. So, the neighborhood has changed.

How many of PCLL families rent? How many own? How many would buy our houses with the changes PCLL proposes?

One rube said we should have known what would happen. Hmmm, that's the same as I should have known that because I am a living organism, I was going to get cancer. What a stupid statement.

I would rather see the equestrian area expand and move the ball fields to an area where there would be less impact on residents.

PCLL finally hand delivered a request for a meeting to my house. However, there was no proposed date and time and place. Do I have to try to set this up when they are requesting it? That's a delaying tactic.

I go out to the Well Site website, look up the receipt, and it doesn't have anything about the well being approved. And yet I hear from the L&WTB and BOCC that it has been. Who is correct? We do have dry wells. It costs $15-20K to dig a deeper well. I sure hope PCLL has the grant money to dig our wells when they run dry.

I'm looking forward to this meeting on June 17th.

15 Jun 2010 09:47 #16 by jf1acai
Wow, an understandable post on the subject.

Thank you!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Jun 2010 10:04 #17 by 2wlady
You're welcome. I am trying to keep this controversy honest. I'm pretty straightforward. I'd never make it in politics with all the "subtleties" that ensue.

16 Jun 2010 15:41 #18 by Tilt

17 Jun 2010 14:10 #19 by Residenttroll returns
What I don't understand is the "Not the Small People in My Backyard" mentality that exists in America today. There once was a day in America when families in a community would come together and figure out a way to provide safe grass baseball fields without struggling with a few "I nearly get rear-ended" claimers to disrupt the good will attempts of a few who are committed. I don't have any skin in the Bailey stadium saga.

However, I have coached and umpired at a variety of amateur levels (from Pony, Little League to College) and I from my three decades of experiences, I can profoundly say that the Bailey ball fields are a disgrace to the parents and the community residents who claim "they care about the small people." Because I was ashamed when other teams would show to play my children on those fields! By the way, you don't need any medical or injury records to know that playing with a hard baseball on a solid piece of earth is likely to pounce up and bust up some 7 year old kid in the face when trying to field the ball. You don't need any records to reflect the fact that running for a ball in the outfield and hopping on solid piece of earth is likely to cause damage to a teenage kid. There are days playing baseball on asphalt service is "probably" safer. I could see why the few who volunteer would want to keep their plans secretly (if in fact, they did).

So what if it's called a stadium and it's four baseball field with lights. Do you really think they are going to be playing baseball at 10:00 p.m. every night in Bailey? Do you really think they are going to play baseball year round on those fields? Gee, if the water use nay-sayers in the community were really sold out for the youth....maybe they would volunteer to haul water to the field. Nope, most of the nay-sayers are probably retirees who rather sit at home collect their Social Security government check couple with their B&M of how a beautiful green sports stadium for small people will decrease their property values.

18 Jun 2010 13:41 #20 by Tilt
Residenttroll(Coach) played many years on dirt. Go to MLB.com
many, many, Many hall of famers learned the game without
a whimper(black eyes, cuts, ).on dirt/gravel/weed stickers/
dust. Seems you not setting good example for children
respecting ones rights :VeryScared:

No skin in the area you say. Sounds like the head of Little
League who said--No--I wouldn't want this in my backyard.
When majority of homeowners aka-property owners say no
then what don't you understand. Try assessors office-ask for list of the absentee owners , maybe they will go along with
your wish :wink: .

A question your little miniority(neighbor abuser types) that
none have answered. Is it right for the peoples(Taxpayers)
Land Water Trust to take our water fight trust $$$ to fight
against the wishes of the Majority of homeowners(majority).

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds