Donald Trump's Vietnam Draft Claim Called Into Question

29 Apr 2011 13:17 #1 by LadyJazzer

Donald Trump's Vietnam Draft Claim Called Into Question

Earlier this week, Donald Trump said during an interview that he avoided being called to serve in the Vietnam War because he "got lucky" and "had a very high draft number." The Smoking Gun reports, however, that appears not to have been the case.

According to the website , Selective Service records tell a different story:

By the time his number (356) was drawn during the December 1, 1969 draft lottery, Trump had already received four student deferments and a medical deferment, according to military records on file with the National Archives and Records Administration. An extract of Trump’s Selective Classification record, seen here, was provided in response to a TSG records request.

By the time his number (356) was drawn during the December 1, 1969 draft lottery, Trump had already received four student deferments and a medical deferment, according to military records on file with the National Archives and Records Administration. An extract of Trump’s Selective Classification record, seen here, was provided in response to a TSG records request.

( Click here to view the records obtained by The Smoking Gun.)

National Review Online relays what Trump initially told New York-based station WNYW about the matter earlier this week. “I was sitting at college, watching," he said to the local outlet, "I was going to the Wharton School of Finance. And I was watching as they did the draft numbers and I got a very, very high number and those numbers [they] never got up to.”

The Smoking Gun reports, however, that the draft lottery that took place in December of 1969 came eighteen months after Trump graduated from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/2 ... 55481.html

Wow... It looks like some people who accuse other people of not having documents, should be careful about theirs getting into the public....

And now that Obama has produced his birth-certificate, where are the tax returns that Trump promised to show????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2011 13:25 #2 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: [ where are the tax returns that Trump promised to show????

That's Racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Apr 2011 13:31 #3 by LadyJazzer
Of COURSE it is!! Hrrrumph!

29 Apr 2011 14:40 #4 by FredHayek
Wow, the Left must consider Trump to be a serious candidate because they are publishing hit pieces on him.
Actually Fox has been going after him today for dropping "F"-bombs in a Vegas speech.
I think it would be amusing to see him run after so many carefully molded personas like Romney to see a loose cannon like the Donald, but I don't think I would send him money.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Apr 2011 14:45 #5 by chickaree
A presiential race isn't a reality show. We areall the poorer for letting this doofus turn it into one. Trumps candidacy has about the same degree of legitimacy as the naked cowboy from Times Square.

29 Apr 2011 15:25 #6 by archer

SS109 wrote: Wow, the Left must consider Trump to be a serious candidate because they are publishing hit pieces on him.
Actually Fox has been going after him today for dropping "F"-bombs in a Vegas speech.
I think it would be amusing to see him run after so many carefully molded personas like Romney to see a loose cannon like the Donald, but I don't think I would send him money.

He doesn't appear to like this country much, FOX news in Las Vegas reported:

He also took aim at the United States.

"We're not a great country," he said. "We love our country, but we're not a great country."

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/27712614/d

.....if a liberal had said that this message board would be awash with the righties falling all over themselves denouncing such a statement.

29 Apr 2011 15:28 - 29 Apr 2011 15:29 #7 by outdoor338
Who cares, I am going to read some books on golf..is golf racist??

29 Apr 2011 15:29 #8 by Obam me
Who cares??? Besides, it's Duke Ellington's birthday!! :HappyB:

29 Apr 2011 15:32 #9 by Ice

Trouble wrote: Who cares??? Besides, it's Duke Ellington's birthday!! :HappyB:

:like: My favorite

29 Apr 2011 15:34 #10 by Obam me

Ice wrote:

Trouble wrote: Who cares??? Besides, it's Duke Ellington's birthday!! :HappyB:

:like: My favorite

My Pleasure! :lol:

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds