Osama is dead because of Bush's wiretapping bill!

02 May 2011 16:59 #41 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I heard it was Pakistan who told them where the compound was

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 17:03 #42 by pineinthegrass
The article posted doesn't even mention the "Bush wiretapping bill" (Patriot Act).

It seems the call was to a terrorist in Pakistan from another terrorist not in the United States. I'm not even sure you ever needed a court to approve tapping a call that doesn't involve US citizens and is outside of the US.

02 May 2011 17:05 #43 by Kate

outdoor338 wrote: Kate will submit to being groped at an airport, and not say a word. But, when a terrorist is caught on a wire tap, she will defend the right of the terrorist to the death.

Good old outdoor338 tactic - make up lies.

You're wrong again.
I have never said I was in favor of the intrusion of our right to privacy at the airports by the TSA. In fact, I am against it and think that it's bull that we have to go through that crap all in the name of being safe.

The Viking wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Kate will submit to being groped at an airport, and not say a word. But, when a terrorist is caught on a wire tap, she will defend the right of the terrorist to the death.

Good ole' Liberal Logic

Good old Viking tactic - jump on an erroneous bandwagon.

02 May 2011 17:18 #44 by LadyJazzer
Neither one of them knows how to do anything but make crap up and then jump on each other's........ er, bandwagon...

02 May 2011 17:19 #45 by pineinthegrass
One other point from the article...

Before dawn Monday morning, a pair of helicopters left Jalalabad in eastern Afghanistan. The choppers entered Pakistani airspace using sophisticated technology intended to evade that country's radar systems, a U.S. official said.

The helicopters in the raid were based in Afghanistan. They had to evade Pakistan's radar in order to not get shot down, or give early warning they were coming least bin Laden got warned.

So I think that makes it pretty clear we couldn't of sent them from a carrier some 800 miles away. That trip would take over 4 hours and just the sound of the choppers would give them away and bin Laden could of gotten warned hours in advance. And if you refueled in air (as would be necessary), the refueling planes would be sitting ducks to anti-aircraft fire, along with the choppers. They could of asked Pakistan to cooperate, but I think it's smart we didn't. It seems clear they couldn't be trusted based on how close bin Laden's compound was to one of their bases.

Using B2 bombers would of been an option, but we weren't certain bin Laden was in the compound at the time. If we got him, we may never be able to confirm a kill. If he's not there and we do a major bombing attack near civilians, that would of been a big issue.

02 May 2011 17:22 #46 by LadyJazzer
It was FOUR helicopters...One of which got left behind, and destroyed on the ground by the team...

In a mission the CIA said was designed to remove bin Laden from the battlefield, four helicopters and US ground forces were used in a night strike against a walled 3,000 square metre complex in an affluent suburb near the Pakistani capital Islamabad.

02 May 2011 17:26 #47 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: It was FOUR helicopters...One of which got left behind, and destroyed on the ground by the team...

In a mission the CIA said was designed to remove bin Laden from the battlefield, four helicopters and US ground forces were used in a night strike against a walled 3,000 square metre complex in an affluent suburb near the Pakistani capital Islamabad.

Yep, it was four choppers. Either the article got that wrong, or the other two came from somewhere else?

I don't think it changes the point I was making, even if the article got it wrong.

02 May 2011 17:34 #48 by LadyJazzer
Hey, I have an idea... Let's continue to make wild guesses without any facts about where the choppers came from and how they accomplished their mission... Then in a few days, when the facts come out, you can see how close you were to the truth?

(It didn't work with the birthers and the birth-certificate, but it might be entertaining....) lol

02 May 2011 17:38 #49 by outdoor338
I don't think pakistan was in the loop, and I am glad..some how someone would have told usama, and he would have head to the hills. I don't trust pakistan whatsoever!

02 May 2011 18:38 #50 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: Hey, I have an idea... Let's continue to make wild guesses without any facts about where the choppers came from and how they accomplished their mission... Then in a few days, when the facts come out, you can see how close you were to the truth?

(It didn't work with the birthers and the birth-certificate, but it might be entertaining....) lol

My "wild guess" was simply in response to your wild guess. lol

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds