New Poll

15 Jun 2011 10:25 #141 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic New Poll
SC, good point, but GREED, and (thought of having) POWER, will not allow the "evil ones" to improve.
like most problems, they will HAVE to admit there is a problem first, and I just can't see that happening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2011 10:26 #142 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic New Poll

Science Chic wrote:

jf1acai wrote:

...but I can see that it will irritate some people...

Of course! :biggrin:

Introspection and facing reality/truth can hurt, but if you want your business, and personal life, to keep improving and being the best that it can be, then it requires taking a hard look at how you operate, and changing and adapting as need be. Read the most successful business peoples' books and you'll see this point getting hammered home over and over. I, for one, am not trying to be petty, or bash Pinecam, but I will not pull my punches on calling it like it is. The way they operate hasn't been optimal for quite some time, and it's hurt the members of the community the most. I'm sorry if they don't like to hear it, but they have the power to change and improve; it's up to them whether they will or not.

You shoulda just condensed that down to : PINECAM SUCKS!

I think I'll just make a few shirts with that on the back

15 Jun 2011 11:50 #143 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic New Poll

All I know is there is a difference in the community.
What that difference is, you decide.

15 Jun 2011 12:03 #144 by archer
Replied by archer on topic New Poll

Vice Lord wrote: Yes..but just like an Ant Farm...You can learn from it

This is my favorite comment about pinecam......thanks VL

Please, don't take my comments the wrong way.....if others want to wear banned from pinecam tee shirts, I have no problem with that......I wasn't banned, so I can't participate, and if I were banned I probably wouldn't anyway, it's just not my style. But if I see one of them, I'll be sure to congratulate the wearer on being a free thinker and coming over to 285Bound......that shows discriminating taste

:thumbsup:

15 Jun 2011 16:38 #145 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic New Poll

MsMAM wrote: You know - it is interesting to me that I used to hear that PC was too liberal in their moderation. I disagreed. I thought it was because they were conservative. Since we have been posting here, I have come to learn that it is simply a case of over moderation. We all felt stifled. And honestly, it is better to let us talk it out so that it is not so frustrating - we all get along better.

Nail on head!

15 Jun 2011 17:56 #146 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic New Poll

Vice Lord wrote: You shoulda just condensed that down to : PINECAM SUCKS!

VL, u aint making no T-shirts and you know it, all talk blah blah. Admit it, I scooped you on this one while you were snoozing. And don't ever hug me in King Soopers check-out line, yechhh. :bash hahaha Just buy me a beer instead, ok?

Vice Lord wrote: Exactly...And If I saw someone with a Banned from PC shirt on..I might hug them like I would an old friend or something..

BTW, I liked your post on comparing moderators at a party, very good analogy. Thumbs up! :thumbsup: :party

Can you imagine being at a party or a gathering..Thats what a message board is right?..Now imagine going to a PC moderated party...People would be in small groups talking to eachother about various subjects and moderators would pop in and say "I think this discussion has run it's course, i'm breaking up this group- and a few of you have to leave the party" then as you start talking to other people the mod barges in and says "The discussion is going off topic here, break it up people!" So you go start a new discussion on the new topic with other people and the mod comes over and says "I think some of you are just joking around, you're not taking the discussion seriously so you gotta leave, now"

Who likes that kinda party!? NOT ME! :)

:yeahthat:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Jun 2011 18:59 #147 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: You shoulda just condensed that down to : PINECAM SUCKS!

VL, u aint making no T-shirts and you know it, all talk blah blah. Admit it, I scooped you on this one while you were snoozing. And don't ever hug me in King Soopers check-out line, yechhh. :bash hahaha Just buy me a beer instead, ok?

Vice Lord wrote: Exactly...And If I saw someone with a Banned from PC shirt on..I might hug them like I would an old friend or something..

BTW, I liked your post on comparing moderators at a party, very good analogy. Thumbs up! :thumbsup: :party

Can you imagine being at a party or a gathering..Thats what a message board is right?..Now imagine going to a PC moderated party...People would be in small groups talking to eachother about various subjects and moderators would pop in and say "I think this discussion has run it's course, i'm breaking up this group- and a few of you have to leave the party" then as you start talking to other people the mod barges in and says "The discussion is going off topic here, break it up people!" So you go start a new discussion on the new topic with other people and the mod comes over and says "I think some of you are just joking around, you're not taking the discussion seriously so you gotta leave, now"

Who likes that kinda party!? NOT ME! :)

:yeahthat:

We will just do a little fist pump, engage in some small talk, then have a "see ya later" after you're done paying. It might not ever happen because i'm getting real good at the self check out lately. Fruit, Vegtables and other things without price tags are no problem for me nowadays.

15 Jun 2011 19:03 #148 by UNDER MODERATION

archer wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Yes..but just like an Ant Farm...You can learn from it

This is my favorite comment about pinecam......thanks VL

Please, don't take my comments the wrong way.....if others want to wear banned from pinecam tee shirts, I have no problem with that......I wasn't banned, so I can't participate, and if I were banned I probably wouldn't anyway, it's just not my style. But if I see one of them, I'll be sure to congratulate the wearer on being a free thinker and coming over to 285Bound......that shows discriminating taste

:thumbsup:

Oh no problem at all Archer.... To get angry because you don't like the same clothes or food I like would be incredibly infantile.

16 Jun 2011 06:00 #149 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic New Poll
I'm still in...
AND will proudly wear either shirt to the VFW BREAKFAST!!!! :biggrin:

16 Jun 2011 14:41 #150 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic New Poll
1. I've never been banned from Pinecam, though I have been moderated and I sure has hell have spoken my mind over there - both in public and in private to the mods, and told them to ban me if they didn't like my tude. Still haven't been.

2. Some people are overly sensitive about that kind of thing. Maybe I'd laugh seeing an anti pinecam shirt; I won't laugh when the fistfight breaks out - and we all know it will somewhere.

3. VL threatened to hug me. That right there makes for damn sure I'd never wear a banned from shirt.

SC, sign me up for one of the just 285 Bound shirts; men's medium. That I will wear.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds