New Poll

15 Jun 2011 09:31 #121 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic New Poll
You know - it is interesting to me that I used to hear that PC was too liberal in their moderation. I disagreed. I thought it was because they were conservative. Since we have been posting here, I have come to learn that it is simply a case of over moderation. We all felt stifled. And honestly, it is better to let us talk it out so that it is not so frustrating - we all get along better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2011 09:38 #122 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic New Poll
:yeahthat: :like: :thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Jun 2011 09:50 #123 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic New Poll

Joe wrote: Bashing Pinecam? A T-shirt saying "pinecam sucks" or "I hate pinecam" would be bashing IMO

"I've been banned from Pinecam" is simply a true statement of fact for many, a form of communication. If they are banned, they are not allowed to communicate or follow links anymore on a forum. So I see nothing wrong with communicating it on a t-shirt instead. I don't see it as bashing necessarily. Childish, maybe. I wish we could be childish more often, its alot more fun. :)

I agree with Joe, it's not really bashing to state "I've been banned from Pinecam", but I can see that it will irritate some people. I haven't bought any yet, but I was also planning on getting t-shirts, hats, and water bottles with just 285Bound on them (especially to sell at advertiser events - hopefully more of them coming soon! And b/c I haven't been banned, I really can't wear the ones I already ordered). :wink:

The t-shirts for sale have the front that Joe put together, and on the back say "I Found My Home On

I'll order ones with just the 285Bound logo on the front pocket and "Bound To Make a Difference In Your Community" on the back - and I'll get more than just large and XL this time. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Jun 2011 09:53 #124 by jf1acai

...but I can see that it will irritate some people...

Of course! :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

15 Jun 2011 09:55 #125 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic New Poll

MsMAM wrote: You know - it is interesting to me that I used to hear that PC was too liberal in their moderation. I disagreed. I thought it was because they were conservative. Since we have been posting here, I have come to learn that it is simply a case of over moderation. We all felt stifled. And honestly, it is better to let us talk it out so that it is not so frustrating - we all get along better.

They want to project a holsum image of life in the foothills or something? It's ridiculous..Instead they've put the worst things about humanity on full display...The mods there think they should decide which thoughts are ok, and which thoughts are not- How much lower can a human go? I mean Hitler and Idi Amin wasn't as bad as this gaggle of fussbudget moderators. When you bann 10,000 people for no aparent reason one day your gonna ban a nutcase, and he/she is gonna kill one of them......

15 Jun 2011 09:57 #126 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote:

Joe wrote: Bashing Pinecam? A T-shirt saying "pinecam sucks" or "I hate pinecam" would be bashing IMO

"I've been banned from Pinecam" is simply a true statement of fact for many, a form of communication. If they are banned, they are not allowed to communicate or follow links anymore on a forum. So I see nothing wrong with communicating it on a t-shirt instead. I don't see it as bashing necessarily. Childish, maybe. I wish we could be childish more often, its alot more fun. :)

I agree with Joe, it's not really bashing to state "I've been banned from Pinecam", but I can see that it will irritate some people. I haven't bought any yet, but I was also planning on getting t-shirts, hats, and water bottles with just 285Bound on them (especially to sell at advertiser events - hopefully more of them coming soon! And b/c I haven't been banned, I really can't wear the ones I already ordered). :wink:

The t-shirts for sale have the front that Joe put together, and on the back say "I Found My Home On

I'll order ones with just the 285Bound logo on the front pocket and "Bound To Make a Difference In Your Community" on the back - and I'll get more than just large and XL this time. :)

Oh c'mon...Don't cave in like that SC..

15 Jun 2011 10:02 #127 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic New Poll
"I've been banned from Pinecam"

I'll wear it as a badge of honor... I figure I'm in some pretty good company, and it's not a put-down, so much as an acknowledgement that I belong to the special fraternity/sorority... :lol:

15 Jun 2011 10:04 #128 by jf1acai
LOL, I hate to admit it :wink: , but I agree with LJ!

:biggrin:

15 Jun 2011 10:07 #129 by UNDER MODERATION

Vice Lord wrote:

MsMAM wrote: You know - it is interesting to me that I used to hear that PC was too liberal in their moderation. I disagreed. I thought it was because they were conservative. Since we have been posting here, I have come to learn that it is simply a case of over moderation. We all felt stifled. And honestly, it is better to let us talk it out so that it is not so frustrating - we all get along better.

They want to project a holsum image of life in the foothills or something? It's ridiculous..Instead they've put the worst things about humanity on full display...The mods there think they should decide which thoughts are ok, and which thoughts are not- How much lower can a human go? I mean Hitler and Idi Amin wasn't as bad as this gaggle of fussbudget moderators. When you bann 10,000 people for no aparent reason one day your gonna ban a nutcase, and he/she is gonna kill one of them......

Can you imagine being at a party or a gathering..Thats what a message board is right?..Now imagine going to a PC moderated party...People would be in small groups talking to eachother about various subjects and moderators would pop in and say "I think this discussion has run it's course, i'm breaking up this group- and a few of you have to leave the party" then as you start talking to other people the mod barges in and says "The discussion is going off topic here, break it up people!" So you go start a new discussion on the new topic with other people and the mod comes over and says "I think some of you are just joking around, you're not taking the discussion seriously so you gotta leave, now"

Who likes that kinda party!?

15 Jun 2011 10:09 #130 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic New Poll
I find it odd that you would even have to talk about moderation being liberal. If you just have a policy in some way about swear words, personal info etc. then you should not have any problems with moderation. It is when you decide what opinions people can have that you run into issues. And you put yourself in the middle. As an admin, moderator your job is easy when you let people talk.

I have to say that the back lash over here of some thinking we are bashing PC if our members say something about them, is sort of a default mode of going back to the old PC ways. There are several ways to run a forum. We have other communities with Communities Bound and they all run their boards in different ways. A new one is coming up this weekend by the way.

We don't have to do things the same way PC or any other forum does and the 'bashing' word to me is a PC buzz word that I don't use. I have others that consider buzz words and don't use as well. We are a ford not a horse.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds