GOP Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children

15 Jun 2011 10:58 #11 by HEARTLESS
Oh my gawd, VL the only people that steal from the poor are the poor. They don't have enough that they didn't first steal or were given through entitlement programs.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2011 11:01 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic GOP Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children

HEARTLESS wrote: Oh my gawd, VL the only people that steal from the poor are the poor. They don't have enough that they didn't first steal or were given through entitlement programs.

You can say the same thing about Corporate America...

15 Jun 2011 11:14 #13 by archer
I was pleased to see that the GOP thinks the azaleas were worth saving.....where would this country be without the azaleas? better to let the innocent children go hungry than lets those azaleas wither and die....after all, children have advocates.....they're called Democrats.....the azaleas have nobody.

15 Jun 2011 11:15 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic GOP Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children

archer wrote: I was pleased to see that the GOP thinks the azaleas were worth saving.....where would this country be without the azaleas? better to let the innocent children go hungry than lets those azaleas wither and die....after all, children have advocates.....they're called Democrats.....the azaleas have nobody.

Oh snap!

15 Jun 2011 11:38 #15 by FredHayek
Food aid for low income women and children? The same people who have obesity issues?

So are we not keeping people fed or keeping them too fed?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jun 2011 11:42 #16 by archer
unfortunately the foods that are most nutricious are also those that cost the most. Eating starchy, high calorie foods certainly contributes to obesity in this country, but those foods high in fat and carbohydrates are sometimes all the poor can afford. Food banks are more prone to keeping canned and dry packaged food then fresh fruits and vegetables because those don't keep as long. It's a no win situation. Obesity is more about what you eat than how much you eat.

15 Jun 2011 11:48 #17 by HEARTLESS
A quick check of the news shows, riots in Greece (a nation about to go bankrupt, so its limiting government services), our stock market dropping again, flooding, fires, tornados, all causing future food production drops, maybe even real noticeable shortages. Its not a matter of will this become a train wreck, its whether we will reduce speed to minimize damage or keep going full speed ahead.

15 Jun 2011 12:58 #18 by LadyJazzer
Their "obesity issues" are none of your business... Their hunger is...

15 Jun 2011 13:03 #19 by HEARTLESS
But the guiding principle behind Odumbo Care was to tell us how bad we are because we're fat, unfit, meat eating selfish not very dedicated Party worthy people. Then they can introduce the Re-education Services.

15 Jun 2011 13:12 #20 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: But the guiding principle behind Odumbo Care was to tell us how bad we are because we're fat, unfit, meat eating selfish not very dedicated Party worthy people. Then they can introduce the Re-education Services.

really? I thought it was to help people who don't have health insurance obtain it, so they can stay healthy. Is staying healthy is a bad thing to conservatives?

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds