GOP Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children

15 Jun 2011 21:02 #51 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic GOP Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children

HEARTLESS wrote: And yet the Left will vote for Odumbo again. Amazing and truly sad.

I'd vote for a mule over that collection of social retards your party paraded out in front of the country the other night. Whats wrong with Mit Rommney anyway? He's been alive for 60 years and he hasn't figured out how to interact with other human beings yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2011 21:06 #52 by HEARTLESS
The donkey (or mule as you put it) is your Parties symbol VL, not a caricature of your candidate.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Jun 2011 21:11 #53 by major bean

LadyJazzer wrote:

Republicans Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children, But Dodge Farm Subsidy Cuts

WASHINGTON -- Republicans have quietly maneuvered to prevent a House spending bill from chipping away at federal farm subsidies, instead forging ahead with much larger cuts to domestic and international food aid.

The GOP move will probably prevent up to $167 million in cuts in direct payments to farmers, including some of the nation's wealthiest. The maneuver, along with the Senate's refusal Tuesday to end a $5 billion annual tax subsidy for ethanol-gasoline blends, illustrates just how difficult it will be for Congress to come up with even a fraction of the trillions in budget savings over the next decade that Republicans have promised.

Meanwhile, the annual bill to pay for food and farm programs next year would cut food aid for low-income mothers and children by $685 million, about 10 percent below this year's

Direct payments to farmers have been a frequent target of fiscal conservatives and other critics of farm programs because they are paid regardless of crop price or yield. They have survived for years, along with tens of billions annually in other subsidies for farmers, because a powerful coalition of farm state lawmakers in both parties has protected them.

Farmers can now make as much as $750,000 annually and still receive subsidies, but one proposed amendment would lower the threshold for some to $250,000, saving about $20 million annually. Another proposed amendment would have dipped into direct payments to pay a $147 million annual payment the United States makes to Brazil as a settlement in a World Trade Organization dispute over cotton subsidies.

Yahoo! This is a good thing.

Regards,
Major Bean

15 Jun 2011 21:23 #54 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: And yet the Left will vote for Odumbo again. Amazing and truly sad.

it is sad....but until the Republicans stop trying to run my life according to their religious beliefs, until they back off telling me what I can do or not do with my own body, until they run on a platform of what they will do for the country, not what they will do for themselves and their wealthy constituents, until Republicans will admit that tax cuts are not the answer to everything that ails us, until they start slashing welfare to corporations along with welfare to people....I'll be voting for Obama and the democrats. The alternative is just to scary to even contemplate.

15 Jun 2011 21:27 #55 by HEARTLESS
When and where has Ron Paul, for instance, said what you accuse the Republicans of archer. Maybe listen to them before using a broad brush.

15 Jun 2011 21:43 #56 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: When and where has Ron Paul, for instance, said what you accuse the Republicans of archer. Maybe listen to them before using a broad brush.

Maybe you should ask me if I listen to them before accusing me of not....I actually sat through all 2 hours of their debate..... sorry if I wasn't impressed. Does Ron Paul support abortion? Does Ron Paul support gay marriage? to answer my own question...he's against abortion, but against the defense of marriage act. Being basically a libertarian he gets out of such questions by referring everything to the states.....nice cop out. I doubt he could be elected, or even make it through the primary. Oh....I forgot, given the chance he would definitly get rid of medicare and SS.

15 Jun 2011 21:47 #57 by HEARTLESS
Trying to decentralize the federal government stranglehold and return decisions to the states. Its horrible, that is all I can say, just horrible. :lol:

15 Jun 2011 21:48 #58 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: Trying to decentralize the federal government stranglehold and return decisions to the states. Its horrible, that is all I can say, just horrible. :lol:

good, we agree :thumbsup:

16 Jun 2011 08:29 #59 by Rick
You really want Washington to dictate the way states govern themselves? Do you really feel like the relatively small number of geniuses in Washington know what is best for each state? You can't be that dumb. Can you?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jun 2011 09:11 #60 by Nobody that matters

CriticalBill wrote: You really want Washington to dictate the way states govern themselves? Do you really feel like the relatively small number of geniuses in Washington know what is best for each state? You can't be that dumb. Can you?

Can be and is. There are actually people out there that still believe the federal government in it's current form is intelligent enough to make a good decision.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds