GOP Slash Food Aid For Low-Income Women And Children

15 Jun 2011 13:15 #21 by HEARTLESS
Must I post smiley faces every time I make a comment so the humorless Left can understand a slam vs an actual comment?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2011 13:20 #22 by archer
If you want people to think you are humerous, post something funny.....your last post looks reads just like all your other posts......Obama and liberal bashing. Same stuff, different day.

What is funny is how, whenever you conservatives get cought saying something dumb, you suddenly claim it was humor.

15 Jun 2011 13:22 #23 by HEARTLESS
Care to comment on the coming train wreck that Obama and the rest of Congress have us headed towards, or just more partisanship Left talking points and canned responses?

15 Jun 2011 13:28 #24 by archer
Which train wreck is that? You conservatives see so many it's hard to keep up.....I will comment on the train wreck I see coming if the GOP continues to try and undermine medicare and SS.....that is going to get the American public's attention, and it won't be pretty......

As for congress, they haven't done anything to be proud of for decades, and apparently they haven't learned anything. The slashes in spending that Americans were promised is accompanied by as much pork as before, they take from one area and give to another.....that's not cost cutting across the board, thats keeping money for their own pet projects and paying for it by de-funding stuff they don't lik,e. Pathnetic, and that goes for both houses and both parties.

15 Jun 2011 13:29 #25 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: But the guiding principle behind Odumbo Care was to tell us how bad we are because we're fat, unfit, meat eating selfish not very dedicated Party worthy people. Then they can introduce the Re-education Services.

really? I thought it was to help people who don't have health insurance obtain it, so they can stay healthy. Is staying healthy is a bad thing to conservatives?

Only if some for-profit entity can make money off of it...

15 Jun 2011 13:44 #26 by FredHayek

archer wrote: unfortunately the foods that are most nutricious are also those that cost the most. Eating starchy, high calorie foods certainly contributes to obesity in this country, but those foods high in fat and carbohydrates are sometimes all the poor can afford. Food banks are more prone to keeping canned and dry packaged food then fresh fruits and vegetables because those don't keep as long. It's a no win situation. Obesity is more about what you eat than how much you eat.

This is true that good food costs more, but I bet the real reason people eat the crappy food is because it tastes better so unless you want to ban it, I don't see that giving poor people more money for food will decrease obesity.

Education might convince them to eat better, but not giving them more food stamps.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jun 2011 13:50 #27 by PrintSmith
Let me get this straight. The Republicans are keeping alive $167 Million in spending which through some mathematical function increases into a $685 Million cut in food aid to the poor. Where's the other half a billion dollars? Unexplained. I also like how the GOP House efforts to prevent that $167 million is more of a cause of this cut to food for the poor than the Democrat Senate refusal to cut $5Billion in ethanol subsidies is. You gotta love regressive logic - it's really quite entertaining.

15 Jun 2011 13:54 #28 by LadyJazzer
You gotta love that people making $750,000/year are still able to feed at the public tit and get government handouts while WIC programs that help women and children with nutrition get cut...

That's entertaining too, in a Party-of-Selfish, "let them eat cake" sort of way...

15 Jun 2011 13:56 #29 by HEARTLESS
PS, you can't reason with stupid. Besides, all in the GOP want to starve women and kids and help the azaleas. No Democrap does anything wrong.

15 Jun 2011 14:17 #30 by PrintSmith
See, this is what happens when you attempt to compromise with regressives. Attempt to find some bipartisan agreement among the mixed party representations in the farming states and you end up with a partisan hack job from some demagogue at an ideology driven web site accusing you, through that action, of being entirely responsible for a cut to food for the poor that is 400% larger than the program in question while completely ignoring the program you are continuing represents about 3.5% of the amount in a program that the party the demagogues are championing is protecting over in the Senate.

Those with any ability to reason quickly see through such transparent attempts at demagoguery.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds