TeaBagger Joe Walsh Sued:More Than $100,000 In Child Support

28 Jul 2011 08:20 #1 by LadyJazzer

Joe Walsh Sued For More Than $100,000 In Child Support

CHICAGO -- The ex-wife of Illinois U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh has sued her ex-husband for more than $117,000 in what she says is unpaid child support and interest.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports Laura Walsh filed the claim in December in their divorce case. The first-term Republican has been outspoken against tax increases amid the debt showdown between GOP lawmakers and the White House.

Laura Walsh contends the congressman loaned his own campaign $35,000. She calls that "surprising" given the money she says he owes to support their three children.

Congressman Walsh answered in a February court filing that he thought he and his ex-wife were coming to an agreement on the money owed. His attorney, R. Steven Polachek, denies the congressman owes "anywhere near" the amount Laura Walsh claims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/2 ... 11800.html

Well, dang... It's so hard to be a paragon of fiscal responsibility, when you're screwing your ex-wife and kids, while loaning yourself tens-of-thousands for your campaign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2011 09:31 #2 by BearMtnHIB
So what.

X-wifes are nasty- you expect me to care about some squabble between a politician and his x-battleaxe?

Must be a slow news day.

28 Jul 2011 09:34 #3 by FredHayek
Joe Walsh is still an awesome guitarist! I don't care what his ex-wife says.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jul 2011 09:37 #4 by Martin Ent Inc

28 Jul 2011 09:58 #5 by AspenValley
So character doesn't matter if it's a Tea Partier?

I wonder what the pooh-poohers would say if the politician in question was a black liberal Democrat?

28 Jul 2011 10:04 #6 by FredHayek

AspenValley wrote: So character doesn't matter if it's a Tea Partier?

I wonder what the pooh-poohers would say if the politician in question was a black liberal Democrat?

Or Representative Wu(D) from Oregon who had the grace to resign after being accused of sexual improprieties?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jul 2011 10:09 #7 by LadyJazzer
"Deflectors on maximum, Scotty!"

28 Jul 2011 10:14 #8 by AspenValley

SS109 wrote:

AspenValley wrote: So character doesn't matter if it's a Tea Partier?

Or Representative Wu(D) from Oregon who had the grace to resign after being accused of sexual improprieties?

I wouldn't and didn't "pooh pooh" such an event.

28 Jul 2011 11:10 #9 by Rockdoc
It's only news because its politics. How many other rich dads are out there that are being sued by their exes, but you don't hear about it because it's not in the political forum. No one needs to condone such behavior but to make it BIG news because he is a politician and specifically slam one party or another for an individual's behavior is absurd. The man clearly needs to get his personal life resolved. It's not always easy to do when emotions are so intimately tied to it.

Indeed it must be a slow news day and for me a slow day in general to even respond to this BS.

28 Jul 2011 11:13 #10 by Martin Ent Inc
Damn you RD for being so right on.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds