TeaBagger Joe Walsh Sued:More Than $100,000 In Child Support

28 Jul 2011 14:07 #41 by AspenValley
I don't think they knew the meaning either, and neither did a lot of Tea Partiers, who yes, were using the term "teabagging" and "teabaggers" without knowing the "other" meaning. They left didn't make it up, but they were perhaps too merciless in their ridicule of the fact that there were Tea Partiers unwittingly describing themselves with a term with a dubious double entrende.

But it's not true to say the left just "made it up". I personally don't use the term to describe Tea Partiers, but I can understand the tempation to do so by some who find it to be a deliciously ironic twist, especially given the fact that the Tea Partiers have shown an unusual lack of ability to laugh at their own folly in the matter.

I think they'd have done better to just laugh it off, or even turn it back on those who use it to ridicule them. After all, I'm sure a lot of Tea Partiers live lives where they wouldn't be expected to be familiar with such a term. I wasn't either, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2011 14:09 #42 by AspenValley

CriticalBill wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

The Viking wrote: People from the Tea Party did NOT come up with that saying. It was from left wing media and anyone with any clue knows that. Whoever said it is a name we like to call ourselves is totally lying.

So do you think the people carrying these signs knew the "other meaning" of the term or not?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3313864503_16bcc382fa.jpg?v=0

Yes, they knew the meaning, and it was a response to the lefts consistent use of it towards them. I believe the term was first use by that ignorant Janeane Garafalo when she also said they were only protesting because Obama was black. Glad that moron is on your side.

You seriously think parents would let their kids carry signs like that if they knew the meaning? Wow, I wouldn't have accused them of anything that vulgar.

28 Jul 2011 14:33 #43 by Photo-fish
Keith Olbermann Reminds the Teabaggers that They Coined Their Own Name

http://www.politicususa.com/en/olbermann-teabagger

“It is as useful to remind them anew of how the term originated and with whom. A TV news report aired last March 14 in which a correspondent described the original protest act, ‘take a teabag, put it in an envelope, and mail it to the White House.’ He added, ‘reteaparty.com has a headline Teabag the Fools in D.C. on tax day.’ Thus the verb to teabag was invented by the teabaggers themselves, and the correspondent who put it on TV was a Griff Jenkins of Fox News. Send your complaints to him.”

The teabaggers coined their own name, without realizing what it also means, and then they blamed their critics for their stupidity. By the way, why did it take them so long to figure out what a teabagger is? Why has this outrage on their part flared up recently?

It is as if none of them know how to use Google. (I’ll help you out teabaggers. Google isn’t another sexual term. It is a search engine. Ask one of your grand kids to show you how it works). Olbermann is correct Fox News helped spread the term before MSNBC got a hold of it, but as we know in the teabagger mind, Fox News can do no wrong, so it is a given that they won’t believe Olbermann, or me for that matter.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Jul 2011 14:38 #44 by Photo-fish
Rise of an Epithet
‘Teabagger’ and what to do

JAY NORDLINGER (National Review online)

http://nrd.nationalreview.com/article/?q=Mjk1YmRjNzIxNmUwMTI0ZWYxZWU4OWU2MzFiOWJmNDE=

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Jul 2011 14:39 #45 by archer
awwwww.....come on. Conservatives have been doing this for years, decades even. They screw something up, then whine and cry that it's all the liberals fault.

28 Jul 2011 14:42 #46 by The Viking

Photo-fish wrote: Keith Olbermann Reminds the Teabaggers that They Coined Their Own Name

http://www.politicususa.com/en/olbermann-teabagger

“It is as useful to remind them anew of how the term originated and with whom. A TV news report aired last March 14 in which a correspondent described the original protest act, ‘take a teabag, put it in an envelope, and mail it to the White House.’ He added, ‘reteaparty.com has a headline Teabag the Fools in D.C. on tax day.’ Thus the verb to teabag was invented by the teabaggers themselves, and the correspondent who put it on TV was a Griff Jenkins of Fox News. Send your complaints to him.”

The teabaggers coined their own name, without realizing what it also means, and then they blamed their critics for their stupidity. By the way, why did it take them so long to figure out what a teabagger is? Why has this outrage on their part flared up recently?

It is as if none of them know how to use Google. (I’ll help you out teabaggers. Google isn’t another sexual term. It is a search engine. Ask one of your grand kids to show you how it works). Olbermann is correct Fox News helped spread the term before MSNBC got a hold of it, but as we know in the teabagger mind, Fox News can do no wrong, so it is a given that they won’t believe Olbermann, or me for that matter.

rofllol :rofl Keith Olbermann? Just goes to show how clueless, uneducated and worthless he is. From YOUR story.... "Thus the verb to teabag was invented by the teabaggers themselves" That term has been around for decades and HE is saying now that the Tea Party invented it? And WHERE in this story does it say that they called THEMSELVES Teabaggers? I don't see that word anywhere.

28 Jul 2011 14:47 #47 by Photo-fish
I don't think he is saying they "invented" the term. They coined it for themselves by their actions.

I will refrain from calling them teabaggers when they quit using terms like Obama-messiah and Obamacare. :Whistle

28 Jul 2011 15:05 #48 by BearMtnHIB
Those tea bags look like Wild Berry Zinger

By Celestial Seasonings - a Boulder company.

The term was invented by the left- I heard the left using it as a derogatory slur way back before the tea party was even formed. It all started around the time that the guy threw the box of Wild Berry Zinger over the white house fence, and the secret service evacuated the white house because of a box of tea.

28 Jul 2011 15:13 #49 by Photo-fish
Actually the label says TAZO. They are out of Portland OR.

The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.

If they Tea-bagged anyone then they are tea-baggers. It is better than being the tea-baggie (or one who gets tea-bagged) isn't it? Sounds to me like they are on the better end, no?

28 Jul 2011 15:21 #50 by Grady
Back to the orginal post; we all know that anybody can sue just about anyone for any reason at any time.

Here is the original story on The Chicago Sun Times It looks like it’s been an ongoing battle between the two. But it now makes the headlines because he is a fiscal conservative. In all fairness, absolutly everyone should pay their child support.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds