Leave those kids at home

28 Jul 2011 23:32 - 28 Jul 2011 23:47 #21 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Leave those kids at home

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I never had any problems with my kids either SG..

Oh, don't get me wrong. I said they were great at restaurants! lol My son tested my patience last year for sure, but I think the worst of it is over. :crossed: Let's just say I had a problem letting him spread his wings. The hardest thing in the world for me! I hear it gets easier with the next child. I think they pray nightly for that to be true. :wink: This might come as a shock, but I can be a little controlling. :Whistle

As soon as they move out, you stop worrying.

I did used to go nuts when they were out late and forgot to call home though

I hope that's true. If they screw up in a big way I already told them that we are going on a field trip to the morgue so they get a reality check.

I think them driving is the biggest worry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2011 23:46 #22 by otisptoadwater

Sunshine Girl wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote: That must be the difference between being a parent and being an uncle. I have the luxury of sending them back home to mommy and daddy after I spoil them to death! Trust me, none of my nieces and nephews want for much and I spoil them and their friends to death. At the end of the day they don't live at the Cave (so far...).

I was robbed I tell you, robbed! I have one brother and two sisters and NONE of them ever had any kids! I wanted to be an aunt so much, but didn't happen. I kinda of adopted the two little ones that I used to nanny for as my niece and nephew. I love to spoil them. On Christmas Day they came over and couldn't believe all the presents under one of the Christmas trees were for them. I think there were 22! I had a blast. The parents were in shock. I think you need to adopt me. :biggrin:

I am trapped between a job that keeps me on the road and a love of family and friends. The Wundermutt is my son/brother and my brother and his family give the Wundermutt so much love and attention that I feel like I'm an outsider sometimes. When the duck, goose, and pheasant sessions open I regain my brotherhood with the Wundermutt. He loves to retrieve birds and gives me dirty looks when I shoot and miss.

Keeping the nieces and nephews involved with hunting has been more difficult. The gulrs think I'm committing a crime against nature by harvesting birds from the sky, the nephew wakes me up a half an hour early to be sure we are going, Wundermutt gets a twitch and won't let me sleep until the last bird is in the boat or blind.

Ok, so I completely hijacked that thread....

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

29 Jul 2011 00:44 #23 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Leave those kids at home

Vice Lord wrote:

A mother NEVER stops worrying.....my 93 yr old mother still worries about me.....and I worry about my 2 grown children, always have, always will.

29 Jul 2011 06:33 #24 by Sunshine Girl

archer wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

A mother NEVER stops worrying.....my 93 yr old mother still worries about me.....and I worry about my 2 grown children, always have, always will.

:thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

29 Jul 2011 06:35 - 29 Jul 2011 08:14 #25 by Sunshine Girl

otisptoadwater wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote: That must be the difference between being a parent and being an uncle. I have the luxury of sending them back home to mommy and daddy after I spoil them to death! Trust me, none of my nieces and nephews want for much and I spoil them and their friends to death. At the end of the day they don't live at the Cave (so far...).

I was robbed I tell you, robbed! I have one brother and two sisters and NONE of them ever had any kids! I wanted to be an aunt so much, but didn't happen. I kinda of adopted the two little ones that I used to nanny for as my niece and nephew. I love to spoil them. On Christmas Day they came over and couldn't believe all the presents under one of the Christmas trees were for them. I think there were 22! I had a blast. The parents were in shock. I think you need to adopt me. :biggrin:

I am trapped between a job that keeps me on the road and a love of family and friends. The Wundermutt is my son/brother and my brother and his family give the Wundermutt so much love and attention that I feel like I'm an outsider sometimes. When the duck, goose, and pheasant sessions open I regain my brotherhood with the Wundermutt. He loves to retrieve birds and gives me dirty looks when I shoot and miss.

Keeping the nieces and nephews involved with hunting has been more difficult. The gulrs think I'm committing a crime against nature by harvesting birds from the sky, the nephew wakes me up a half an hour early to be sure we are going, Wundermutt gets a twitch and won't let me sleep until the last bird is in the boat or blind.

Ok, so I completely hijacked that thread....

He sounds like a great dog and he has a sense of humor! Can't beat that. The girls are right. You are bad!!!!!!!!! tongue: lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

29 Jul 2011 07:16 #26 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Leave those kids at home
I am w/o kids, but what I notice is when some parents just tune out their kids when they are out, like the way some, er, all husbands can tune out their wives.

Don't mind it too much in noisy restaurants, but hate it on long plane flights. I love the airline that bans children in first class.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jul 2011 08:16 - 29 Jul 2011 08:31 #27 by Sunshine Girl

SS109 wrote: I am w/o kids, but what I notice is when some parents just tune out their kids when they are out, like the way some, er, all husbands can tune out their wives.

Don't mind it too much in noisy restaurants, but hate it on long plane flights. I love the airline that bans children in first class.

Can they ban kids in first class? Only Malaysia Airlines does that I think. I've never experienced that. I've flown in first class with my kids many times and I've never had an issue. It does take a lot of work though to make sure your kids are quiet and respectful. I don't like it when parents tune-out their kids bad behavior in a public place. :bash

29 Jul 2011 08:27 #28 by Martin Ent Inc

Sunshine Girl wrote:

SS109 wrote: I am w/o kids, but what I notice is when some parents just tune out their kids when they are out, like the way some, er, all husbands can tune out their wives.

Can they ban kids in first class? I've never experienced that.

According to the article, some airlines already do.

29 Jul 2011 08:33 #29 by Sunshine Girl

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Can they ban kids in first class? I've never experienced that.

According to the article, some airlines already do.

I edited mine to add that I think only Malaysia Airlines does. Maybe others will follow suit, I doubt it though. I wonder what the age cut-off is with Malaysia Airlines to ban them.

29 Jul 2011 08:43 #30 by Martin Ent Inc
Babies it says, and at this moment they are banned to the rear of the plane.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds