Leave those kids at home

01 Aug 2011 10:02 #41 by Sunshine Girl

TPP wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I was extremely over-protective (even though that seems like something you can never be). I have finally learned to loosen the reins a bit more. I too remember the Adam Walsh story, and so many others like it, all too well. My children were always with me. When they got older they still had to stay within sight. It only takes a second. If you 'teach' them how to behave they will. If you don't, they won't. I agree that most is the parents fault.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But Sh*t still happens, Always taught them to BE AWARE of they're surroundings!!!!

Edited: THAT INCLUDES teaching/school... Parents MUST be involed!!!!

Thanks TPP. Yes, BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS! Also, know that is can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. Too many people don't believe that.

As far as 'toddler moments' shoot........I still have a few of my own and I'm not exactly a tike anymore. Now though, we just say that we're having a bad day. lol :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2011 11:04 #42 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Leave those kids at home
You find what you look for in life. If there are 20 kids in a store and only one misbehaves everyone will remember the naughty child and disregard the well behaved ones. I find most kids to be-well, kids. Yes, their volume may be a little higher when they are enthusiastic, but the world is still new to them and they haven't become jaded. Children are a gift from God to all of us, not only their parents. You never knpw which one may grow up to be a son-in-law, your doctor or a kindly neighbor who helps you in your old age.

01 Aug 2011 13:50 #43 by Sunshine Girl

chickaree wrote: You find what you look for in life. If there are 20 kids in a store and only one misbehaves everyone will remember the naughty child and disregard the well behaved ones. I find most kids to be-well, kids. Yes, their volume may be a little higher when they are enthusiastic, but the world is still new to them and they haven't become jaded. Children are a gift from God to all of us, not only their parents. You never knpw which one may grow up to be a son-in-law, your doctor or a kindly neighbor who helps you in your old age.

:heart: :like: :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds