Occupy Wall Street Demands

05 Oct 2011 15:09 - 05 Oct 2011 15:12 #41 by BearMtnHIB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2011 15:10 #42 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands

05 Oct 2011 15:11 #43 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands

Kate wrote:

Love it!!!!!

05 Oct 2011 15:18 #44 by BearMtnHIB

I's been a long running meme here that liberal parents, and liberal colleges, have created an entitlement generation that no longer wants to work for a living......add in single parents (which I believe they attribute directly to liberalism, I'm sure they will correct me if I'm wrong) and you have kids that just weren't raised right, according to some conservatives. So yeah, I took otis's "too close to home" as an affront to my kids and those kids I know......which couldn't be further from the truth. But then, truth and $5 might get you a cup of coffee around here, but not much else.

I applaud the protesters in Occupy Wall Street.....it's about time people stood up and challenged the establishment idea that making the rich richer will somehow help us all, never has, never will. Their demands may be out of line, but their message is right on.....Enough is enough.....it's time to do what is best for the 99% of Americans, not the 1% who hold the purse strings and the corporations who hoard their money till they get the kind of government THEY want.

Lets see in a year if the time they spent out there whining about reality was as productive as if they would have spent the equivilent amount of time working at Mc Donalds and earning a few bucks.

I'm bettin Mc Donalds is a better bet!

05 Oct 2011 15:21 #45 by mittra303

BearMtnHIB wrote: Here's what the longer term employment rate looks like.
A bigger picture....
Looks pretty tame during the bush years--- but wait....

Obamas 3 years don't look so good!

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=z1ebjpgk2654c1_&ctype=l&strail=false&nselm=h&met_y=unemployment_rate&fdim_y=seasonality:S&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=state&ifdim=state&tdim=true&tstart=473756400000&tend=1312524000000&hl=en&dl=en&uniSize=0.035&iconSize=0.5&icfg

I never said unemployment went down. Just that the number of jobs being lost each month decreased. The unemployment numbers still went up as Obama took office, just at a slower pace until it finally all but stopped. Again, not going to argue that water's wet or the sky is [mostly] blue.

Can I also please point out that the only time in 70 years that the national deficit has gone down as a % of GDP is when Democrats were in office?

05 Oct 2011 15:54 #46 by FredHayek
These anti-Wall Street, anti Big Bank protests, how soon before they go anti-semitic?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Oct 2011 15:58 #47 by Kate

SS109 wrote: These anti-Wall Street, anti Big Bank protests, how soon before they go anti-semitic?

rofllol Well, that's completely out of left field!

05 Oct 2011 16:52 #48 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands

BearMtnHIB wrote:
Lets see in a year if the time they spent out there whining about reality was as productive as if they would have spent the equivilent amount of time working at Mc Donalds and earning a few bucks.

I'm bettin Mc Donalds is a better bet!

Funny, I felt the same way about the Tea Party protests......see, we have something in common.

:rofl

05 Oct 2011 18:14 #49 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands
This is totally class warfare. How unAmerican. Do liberals have no shame?
It is very reminiscent of the Communist days.

05 Oct 2011 18:28 #50 by Kate

Arlen wrote: This is totally class warfare. How unAmerican. Do liberals have no shame?
It is very reminiscent of the Communist days.

How is it reminiscent of the Communist days?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds