Occupy Wall Street Demands

04 Oct 2011 13:04 #1 by Nmysys
This is the Utopian world these geniuses envision. Wow! Can't stop laughing.

Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement!

Posted 8 days ago by LloydJHart (Vineyard Haven, MA)

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Read More:
http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2011 13:16 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands
Demand #10: a perpetual money tree in every home.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Oct 2011 13:21 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands
Minimum wage to be $20. They are supposedly college grads that can't find a job, and the reason is they don't have a clue about the world.

The Liberal Education machine strikes again. They are unemployed and think it is all the fault of the only people who could possibly give them a job, Corporate America, instead of the Government that has created the problems. Amazing.

04 Oct 2011 13:23 #4 by OmniScience
wow, these people have absolutely lost their minds... 4, 5, 7, and 9 are so ridiculous I can't even comment on them.

$20/hr minimum wage? Yep, that will help with the unemployment problem.

04 Oct 2011 13:58 #5 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands
This is what happens when people get pushed too far.......how you view the demands of these protesters is how most moderates view the Tea Party demands......so far out there as to be totally ridiculous. I don't agree with most of what they say they want.....but then I don't agree with most of what the Tea Party says it wants. I view them both as radical fringe movements......what I find scary is the Tea Party has gained some traction , and otherwise sane people actually think that what they want would be good for the country....

.......It will be amusing if these protesters gain some support and recognition. Lesson one on how to scare a conservative.

:rofl

04 Oct 2011 14:17 #6 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands

DAVID WEIDNER'S WRITING ON THE WALL Archives | Email alerts
Oct. 4, 2011, 12:00 a.m. EDT
Occupy Wall Street is a tea party with brains
Commentary: Protesters seek political process that doesn’t exclude them

This movement is about money. It’s about wasting money. It’s about greed for money guiding those in power. It’s about the inequitable distribution of money.

Most of all, it’s about process. In a “general assembly” meeting Saturday, Occupy Wall Street came up with its first official document. It is a powerful summation of grievances, not just of the young, but of many Americans: home foreclosures, workers rights, Internet privacy, health care and bailouts. Read the declaration of Occupy Wall Street .

“No true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power,” the declaration states. “We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/occupy ... genumber=2

04 Oct 2011 14:33 #7 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Occupy Wall Street Demands
It is pretty sad our education system has produced people who think like this in the USA.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

04 Oct 2011 15:19 - 04 Oct 2011 15:22 #8 by BearMtnHIB
These are just stupid amateur communists.

It's obivious by their demands that they have no clue how the real world works, it's scary to think that the ones who wrote the demands might have gone to school at some point and think they are educated.

They belong back home in mommies basemant playing video games and texting their friends on their iphones.

I say arrest them all.

04 Oct 2011 15:55 #9 by bailey bud
They're living in dreamland (in my opinion)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2 ... a-movement

04 Oct 2011 15:55 #10 by mittra303
Actually, most civilized, Western nations have most of these in place. But let's look at those demands, shall we?
  1. As a small business owner that can barely afford to pay my sole, paid, but extremely necessary employee $7.50/hr, I can see how raising the minimum wage to $20/hr could be detrimental to many small businesses; however, as the sole provider of a family of five, I can't imagine trying to support myself, let alone my family, on the current minimum wage. I am facing a layoff in my current job (my small business is paying for itself, but not paying me yet) and everywhere I look there are jobs for $10 - $15/hr available, but I could never support my family with less than $20/hr. We need to institute some nationalist and protectionist policies for our nation to bring us back from the brink of disaster. We were once the greatest producer nation in the world. Now all we produce is debt.

2. The US is the only civilized Western Nation that doesn't have some form of universal healthcare. Why?

3. I don't get #3. A living wage should follow employment, right? Are they suggesting that even the unemployed should be guaranteed a living wage? If so, then what's the incentive to be employed?

4. I am a firm believer that the top 10% of every high school in the nation should be given a free college education at the state colleges and universities of their state. Here in Colorado, for example, any student in the top 10% of their graduating class should be allowed to attend DU, CU, CSU, UNC, et al. for free. That said, I think the children of illegal aliens should not be given in-state tuition rates.

5. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that makes a lot of sense: "Alternative Energy IS Homeland Security." Think about it. If every home and business runs on solar, wind or geothermal energies that are decentralized, doesn't that make it much more difficult for the bad guys to cause chaos by destroying a power plant or disrupting the power grid? If homes and businesses are run on these sorts of alternative energies, doesn't that reduce our demand for foreign oil? Suppose we built up the infrastructure to run cars on hydrogen (or more simply WATER)? What does that do for our national security and economy if we no longer have to worry about world affairs and the cost of our oil? Also, remember that fossil fuels are a finite resource. We will eventually run out of them. Wouldn't it make more sense to develop an alternative now while we have options as opposed to when we're desperate? Kind of like that old addage it's easier to find a new job when you still have a job than when you're unemployed?

6. WPA helped bring us out of the Great Depression. Contrary to what most Repubs would have you believe, cutting taxes does not improve the economy or create a single job. It just makes the rich richer.

7. In addition to ecological restoration, why not decriminalize marijuana and industrial hemp? There are a ton of industries that would benefit from industrial hemp and it is super green. For example, 4.1 acres of trees can be replaced by 1 acre of hemp for the production of paper and hemp crops are renewable every year. Hemp can also be used as an alternative fuel source.

8. I presume your objection to Demand #8 is that you believe a woman's place is barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, homosexuals should just stay in the closet, and those blacks should still be slaves or using their own drinking fountains and sitting in the back of buses?

9. For demand number nine to work, we'd have to look at an NAU similar to the EU which we're seeing has not been as successful as hoped for any number of reasons, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't see this list as perfect, but it's a good starting point for negotiations. If we can get even a fraction of this list, it's a victory for the American people.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds