Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio to edorse and campaign with Perry

29 Nov 2011 13:33 #21 by archer
Joe Arpaio on Rick Perry

“I don’t know the governor that much, I’ve talked to him a few times...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... mmigrants/

And that is supposed to make you trust Joe on the subject of how wonderful Perry is? Yeah, right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2011 13:37 #22 by LadyJazzer
When you've got a man-crush, it clouds your vision...

29 Nov 2011 18:03 #23 by Reverend Revelant

LLIB wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Since the subject of the thread was Perry, thank you for your irrelevant comment.

Spoken by the queen of irrelevant comments..... rofllol

If that's not the 125% the truth!

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Nov 2011 19:48 #24 by Reverend Revelant

The Viking wrote:

Progressive_Voice wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: There's a difference between "occasional" and "continuous."

You are spot on. Perry, Cain, Bachmann and crew are occasional. Barack without his prompter is the definition of continuous.

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry is campaigning in New Hampshire today, which gives cause for some reflections on his candidacy. "

When Perry was considering whether to enter the race, I hoped he would. I thought the race could benefit from a strong, conservative (not to mention Southern) voice. Perry has an impressive record in Texas, and even if a lot of the job-creation numbers can be attributed to him simply not screwing up policies he inherited, that's still a credit to him.

He entered the race in third place, rose fairly quickly to 2nd, then shot to first by mid-August. A lot of conservatives had a generally favorable view of him, and there was hope that he would be a white knight in a western saddle. Then, the debates happened.

He did more than misspeak. He did more than recklessly attack his own base and generally act like the class bully assigned to spend study hall with the chess club. He did more than forget his talking points and display an uncomfortable lack of knowledge of important topics. He simply suffocated.

With one disastrous performance after another, he proved that he did not belong on the stage. Perry and his defenders dismiss this as inconsequential. Debates are nothing but fancy talk, and it's on-the-job performance that matters, they say. In truth, debates are on-the-job performance for presidential candidates. They help reveal whether candidates can think on their feet; whether they have general, working knowledge of the affairs of state; and whether they have less tangible "leadership" qualities so many voters look for.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2011 ... /111129910

The man is unelectable.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Nov 2011 21:33 #25 by The Viking

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Progressive_Voice wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: There's a difference between "occasional" and "continuous."

You are spot on. Perry, Cain, Bachmann and crew are occasional. Barack without his prompter is the definition of continuous.

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry is campaigning in New Hampshire today, which gives cause for some reflections on his candidacy. "

When Perry was considering whether to enter the race, I hoped he would. I thought the race could benefit from a strong, conservative (not to mention Southern) voice. Perry has an impressive record in Texas, and even if a lot of the job-creation numbers can be attributed to him simply not screwing up policies he inherited, that's still a credit to him.

He entered the race in third place, rose fairly quickly to 2nd, then shot to first by mid-August. A lot of conservatives had a generally favorable view of him, and there was hope that he would be a white knight in a western saddle. Then, the debates happened.

He did more than misspeak. He did more than recklessly attack his own base and generally act like the class bully assigned to spend study hall with the chess club. He did more than forget his talking points and display an uncomfortable lack of knowledge of important topics. He simply suffocated.

With one disastrous performance after another, he proved that he did not belong on the stage. Perry and his defenders dismiss this as inconsequential. Debates are nothing but fancy talk, and it's on-the-job performance that matters, they say. In truth, debates are on-the-job performance for presidential candidates. They help reveal whether candidates can think on their feet; whether they have general, working knowledge of the affairs of state; and whether they have less tangible "leadership" qualities so many voters look for.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2011 ... /111129910

The man is unelectable.

Couple things. Yes he had a slow start in the debates but most thought he won the debate a couple weeks ago and this last one he was in the top 3. That is no longer an issue. And he is still the ONLY candidate to spend time putting together 3 very strong plans. And if you have watched him in his open meetings where he takes quesitons, Perry looks very intelligent and never skips a beat answering unscripted questions. The few poor debates are a thing of the past. And Second, when did he attack his own base? And other than going after Romney in one debate which other candidates are afraid to do, when was he a bully? This last debate, Newt went after Paul and Michelle. Michelle went after Newt and Perry. Paul went after pretty much everyone especially Santorum. Santourm went after Paul, Newt, Perry and Romney. Romney went after Perry and Santorum. Cain just hid in the shadows afraid to talk hoping for an opening for 9-9-9. SO I guess they are ALL bullies right? It is no longer called debating to you?

And if youa re talking about the heartless comment, you DO know that Newt called us heartless in August first on the same issue right? Or is this a selective memory thing? No one talks about Newt saying it. And Perry came out immediately and said it was a poor choice of words and appologized. Newt never has. So I guess you are not for Newt as he is a bigger bully and attacked his base first right?

29 Nov 2011 22:47 #26 by archer
Well Viking, your assertion that Perry's problems are in the past and he is improving doesn't jive with this latest gaffe

Perry in NH:

Speaking at Saint Anselm on Tuesday, he appealed to students who will be at least 21 before Election Day to vote for him, saying: "Those of you that will be 21 by November the 12th, I ask for your support and your vote."

As for those younger than 21, he merely asked them to work hard on his behalf. Doesn't he want their votes too?

It turns out Perry didn't know or had forgotten that the voting age in America is 18.

Perry made another slip too, referring to "November the 12th" as Election Day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/2 ... 19126.html

Not only did he get the voting age wrong, but he got election day wrong too....it's Nov 6th.

Face it Viking, the man just isn't smart enough to win the nomination.

29 Nov 2011 22:55 #27 by The Viking

archer wrote: Well Viking, your assertion that Perry's problems are in the past and he is improving doesn't jive with this latest gaffe

Perry in NH:

Speaking at Saint Anselm on Tuesday, he appealed to students who will be at least 21 before Election Day to vote for him, saying: "Those of you that will be 21 by November the 12th, I ask for your support and your vote."

As for those younger than 21, he merely asked them to work hard on his behalf. Doesn't he want their votes too?

It turns out Perry didn't know or had forgotten that the voting age in America is 18.

Not only did he get the voting age wrong, but he got election day wrong too....it's Nov 6th.

Let's see, Obama got elected and he thinks there is 57 states.

He thinks Hawaii is in Asia. "When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

He thinks we have 'corpse' men in the military.

He saw dead people on Memorial Day.

He thinks 10,000 equals 12.... "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

And many many more. Then you compare records where Perrry blows obama away, and if obama can win then Perry sure as heck can.

29 Nov 2011 22:58 #28 by archer

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote: Well Viking, your assertion that Perry's problems are in the past and he is improving doesn't jive with this latest gaffe

Perry in NH:

Let's see, Obama got elected and he thinks there is 57 states.

He thinks Hawaii is in Asia. "When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

He thinks we have 'corpse' men in the military.

He saw dead people on Memorial Day.

He thinks 10,000 equals 12.... "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

And many many more. Then you compare records where Perrry blows obama away, and if obama can win then Perry sure as heck can.

Well that's very interesting, you want another candidate just like Obama? Who knew?

29 Nov 2011 23:00 #29 by The Viking
And here is a fun list for Obama.

Forgot about him making fun of handicap people at the special Olympics, saying Nacy Reagan was dead when she wasn't and thinking a bunch of Movies is a proper gift for the Brittish Prime Minister. And he called himself a Muslim! And you are going to make fun of him getting the voting age wrong and the date of the election. I never even looked forward that far. I couldn't have told you what date it was before you wrote it down. I know all the Primary dates though.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 05,00.html

29 Nov 2011 23:01 #30 by The Viking

archer wrote: Then you compare records where Perrry blows obama away, and if obama can win then Perry sure as heck can.

Well that's very interesting, you want another candidate just like Obama? Who knew?[/quote]

They are FAR from the same! Perry is a total success and Obama is a total failure!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds