Gee... Right here at home...

11 Dec 2011 07:54 #21 by Reverend Revelant

jf1acai wrote:

Evidently the religious element in most communities have managed to influence these towns and cities to violate the constitution every year at this time.

IMO, that is BS, no violation of the constitution was involved, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps you don't have regulations concerning the establishment of religion in the constitution of your country, but here in the United States we have this wonderful document that is the envy of most other countries. Unfortunately, we have these hypocritical religious groups in the United States who feel that they are superior to other citizens and to our constitution and the have managed to compromise this establishment clause. It's not the imagery that is so much the problem, but the fact that these cults don't want to give other citizens a fair use of the same public property, public displays and publicly sponsored events. Such as Evergreen not allowing a Menorah, or like the recent article about an atheist group that wanted a sign included in a publicly sponsored holiday display, and they were refused the inclusion of the sign. Nobody would be bothered by these displays if these religious groups weren't so intent on excluding these other interests.

Religion and religious organizations and religious people are the nexus of most of the anger, hypocrisy and bigotry on this planet and this incident in Evergreen is just another small example that proves my point.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2011 08:35 #22 by FredHayek

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

FredHayek wrote: As long as taxpayer funds aren't involved, go crazy, er, as long as it isn't over the top. Like a 100 foot tall menorah or a 30 acre burning man.

Not if it's on city property. I don't want any of it, religious symbols, holiday symbols, lights, angels what ever... it's all religious... period.

I prefer an inclusive country.

What kind of constitutional term is that?

The goverment isn't supposed to favor one religion over another, not persecute all religions and support a secular athiesm.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Dec 2011 08:46 #23 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote:
[snip]

The goverment isn't supposed to favor one religion over another, not persecute all religions and support a secular athiesm.

And until our government is capable of doing that, I don't want to see religious symbols, holiday symbols, lights, angels what ever. Get back to me when that happens.

11 Dec 2011 08:54 #24 by MWMGROUP
I know I am coming late to the party.

But, why would Obama come to Evergreen when he would probably show up wearing a towel about the head and a dagger?!

[youtube:239rp2pj]
[/youtube:239rp2pj]

11 Dec 2011 09:02 #25 by Reverend Revelant

MWMGROUP wrote: I know I am coming late to the party.

But, why would Obama come to Evergreen when he would probably show up wearing a towel about the head and a dagger?!

Why would some jerk post a comment and video that has jack to do with this thread?

11 Dec 2011 09:11 #26 by LadyJazzer
God, you need some new material... That's about as phony as the cutesy-poo editing by Romney that conveniently cut out the part where Obama was QUOTING McCain...

Truth on the Cutting Room Floor
A YouTube video edits Obama's words to create a false impression.

Summary

A widely viewed video seems to show President Obama stating that he is a Muslim. It is false, and the product of dishonest editing.

Although it is titled "Obama Admits He Is A Muslim," the president in fact has admitted no such thing. The video edits and twists his actual words, sometimes turning what were denials into false confessions. For example, it edits out the words "Iā€™m a Christian" from one quote and "my Christian faith" from another. It shows him quoting from the Quran, but snips out his quotes from the Bible and the Talmud.

Although the video gives no citations and no dates, we have tracked down the full quotes from the various appearances. In the Analysis section that follows, we take the video section by section, comparing the edited quotes and graphics with the full reality of what Obama actually said.

We doubt many will take this nasty bit of misrepresentation seriously. Nevertheless, it provides an interesting case study of malicious editing.

Edited quote: Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country ā€” I know, because I am one of them.

Full quote: The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans. Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country ā€” I know, because I am one of them.

The rest of the phony edits can be found at:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth- ... oom-floor/

Let us know when you have something REAL to post... (and get your head out of your nether-region...and stop lying.)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :Snooze

Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it is the Evergreen Parks & Rec Department and the City of Denver that are telling the Jewish community they can't display their menorah, either...does it.

11 Dec 2011 12:00 #27 by Rockdoc
I don't know if this qualifies as intelligent, but I fail to see the threat or reason for denying such a exhibit. In fact, don't you think it would be educational for some?

11 Dec 2011 15:02 #28 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Gee... Right here at home...
I think if one group is allowed to have a display, then it should be open to others as well. Don't see any reason why a menorah can't be there.

11 Dec 2011 16:03 #29 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Gee... Right here at home...
The menorah at Lake House should be allowed. Let the atheist naysayers go to hell.

11 Dec 2011 16:24 #30 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Gee... Right here at home...

Arlen wrote: The menorah at Lake House should be allowed. Let the atheist naysayers go to hell.

Which atheist naysayers would those be?

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds