Colorado snowpack is significantly below average so far

08 Jan 2012 10:57 #21 by Reverend Revelant

Photo-fish wrote:
[snip]

One does not need to look up NOAA data or be any type of scientist to recognize a lack of precipitation. The guy in the article I linked to has 28 years monitoring snowpack at the same locations so I put some weight in his opinions and included his quote.

[snip]

The same kind of weight that NOAA put's in their snowpack figures (as I linked to above) "And the caveat at the bottom of the official NOAA chart... "[Pages are for curiosity only; there are no guarantees that the data is correct.]" What a f'king laugh"

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2012 11:04 #22 by Photo-fish
This is not a topic on global warming as I have stated. Seeing is believing. I trust my eyes and my observations in the field over NOAA's sensors. The gentleman I quoted used his own equipment for his 28 years of observations. He did not sit on his couch and pull data out of his butt, he collected it. Get your head out of the a$$ of anti/pro global warming conspiracies and do your own thinking and research.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Jan 2012 11:13 #23 by Martin Ent Inc
As a man once said, everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it.

08 Jan 2012 12:06 #24 by Photo-fish
If the Olympics come to Colorado I'd bet they would cloud seed like they did for the Salt Lake games.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Jan 2012 12:15 #25 by Martin Ent Inc
The myans have it covered, LOL

08 Jan 2012 12:27 #26 by Photo-fish
I don't think the Mayans had much experience with snow.

08 Jan 2012 20:33 #27 by navycpo7

Photo-fish wrote:

No year in the past three decades that has started this far below average has recovered to average snowpack by the start of spring.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19643668

Last year Bear Creek Basin and N. Fork of the S. Platte really got the shaft. It looks worse this year. Anyone plannig on a lawn this summer may want to reconsider. Fire season will be early too. Hopefully we can have avery wet spring and cooler summer.

There are a lot of wells out there that if the snowpack does not increase, then those wells will decrease. I work in the well business. I have folks ask me all the time. Especially the ones that were told there is aquafers up here in the mountains.

09 Jan 2012 08:57 #28 by lionshead2010
So a couple of take aways here I see whether we are talking about climate or weather.

1. The aspen tree die off we see may be due to drought and not pocket gophers so no need to poison the little critters.

2. If we don't get good late winter and spring rains and snows then plan on an early fire season. Do your mitigation in March instead of April.

3. Just because your HOA didn't have to plow much snow this year doesn't mean you won't need the money next year so stop the legal fights over stupid sh-t and save up for plowing next year.

4. If wells are already struggling at some homesteads then maybe we don't need hundreds of new homes sucking from the ground at Shaffers Crossing and Pine Junction.

09 Jan 2012 09:11 #29 by Martin Ent Inc
SAD or sudden aspen decline is under study, Scientist do not yet know what is causing it. CSU and the USFS is studying if maybe a mold or disease is affecting the aspen as they all share a root structure.
Seems this is only affecting trees at lower elevations.
Source RMEF

10 Jan 2012 09:39 #30 by bailey bud
my cousin in Alaska just sent me a photo from the Valdez highway ---- I know where our snow is, now.......

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds