Colorado snowpack is significantly below average so far

14 Jan 2012 16:58 #51 by Martin Ent Inc
Tebow will take care of this when he gets through winning the Super Bowl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2012 18:29 #52 by lionshead2010
Well it looks like once again ole' Mother Nature is going to start balancing the books:

Record Snowfall Totals Across Front Range

Snow Ends Leaving Behind Record Amounts

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather ... etail.html

Snow has been measured in feet rather than inches throughout the Front Range and eastern plains after this latest winter blast. With 15.9 inches measured officially at Denver International Airport, it was a record-setting snow storm. The existing record of 14.1 inches of snow in February dates back to 1912.

I realize the Front Range needs more but this should be a good start. This was truly a Front Range Upslope storm.

06 Apr 2012 09:22 #53 by Photo-fish
Colorado is now at 49% of average snowpack.
ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Snow/snow/watershed/daily/co_update_snow.pdf

The National Weather Service outlook for the next three months isn’t encouraging. “It appears that temperatures will be above normal and precipitation below normal for April, May and June,” Paul Frisbie, a National Weather Service meteorologist said. “I don’t see anything that tells me I’m wrong.” Strong wind also can cause snow to melt more rapidly, Frisbie said. Moisture is lost to evaporation rather than gathered as runoff, he said.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

06 Apr 2012 09:52 #54 by lionshead2010
Colorado is a semi-arid state. The Eastern Slope is especially vulnerable to the whims of prevailing winds. Dry seasons have come and gone for eons. Some species adapt to these seasons changes...while some have not.

I wonder which category the human race falls into?

06 Apr 2012 14:07 #55 by Photo-fish
Semi-arid is one thing, but these last 10 years have really taken its toll on the local watersheds. The North Fork of S. Platte and Bear Creek sub-drainages are well below the State's average of 49%.
I took a hike up Guanella this past weekend and was shocked by lack of snow. I am guessing Hall Valley and Webster Pass are about the same.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

06 Apr 2012 14:56 #56 by Rick
Time to take out all the trees around your homes and zeroscape.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2012 16:17 #57 by Photo-fish
Bad year to plant sod or be in the rafting business.
A guide on the Arkansas told me the lower flows will be good for the brown trout population. They are more tolerant of warmer temperatures and thrive in the lower flows.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds