One more reason to not care about politics anymore...

07 Feb 2012 10:11 #21 by bailey bud
AV - I'm very sorry to read about this.

In those shoes, I'd be very unlikely to care all that much about politics, either.

That said - I hope that this season is one of peace, and that blessings sneak their way to you in unexpected ways.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2012 13:41 #22 by Nobody that matters
AV, Your outlook is inspirational and your courage admirable.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Feb 2012 19:03 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic One more reason to not care about politics anymore...

netdude wrote: Sorry to hear this AV, not much I can say except you are a tru one of a kind, I enjoy reading your posts and it's quite obvious that you are a person of intelligence and integrity!

I feel the same

07 Feb 2012 19:59 #24 by Something the Dog Said
Randy Pausch also chose to treat his condition with the grace and dignity with which you are do so, and wrote and videotaped his thoughts and experiences. They were of comfort to ones close to me that had a similar experience.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 2U7MwK2LwQ

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Feb 2012 21:06 #25 by Hoot Owl

Arlen wrote: AV, if you had made a statement that was nonpolitical on that blog, then I would consider your sentiment. However it was quite a political position that was taken.

Arlen I think the link carried you to the wrong tab. Please explore further, but in any case let us know, if you find something more substantial. The blog is not political, again explore, you seem to have missed the point of a woman dying. And the story of the experience.

Aspenvalley, my thoughts are with you. I wish you peace and your family comfort. I do believe in miracles.
Peace

08 Feb 2012 04:53 #26 by outdoor338
AV, I agree with Hoot Owl, miracles do and can happen. I know we all are moved by what you have shared, putting politics aside, many of will be praying for you, and your family. You're part of the 285 family, we stand with you during this time. Many of us are just an e-mail or phone call away if you need us...

08 Feb 2012 05:28 #27 by TPP

outdoor338 wrote: AV, I agree with Hoot Owl, miracles do and can happen. I know we all are moved by what you have shared, putting politics aside, many of will be praying for you, and your family. You're part of the 285 family, we stand with you during this time. Many of us are just an e-mail or phone call away if you need us...

DITTO! Add me as one of the many Please!

08 Feb 2012 12:06 #28 by RivendaleFarms
AV, what an amazing account of your journey, thank you so much for sharing it. I especially was moved by your thoughts regarding (paraphrasing here) getting the thoughts and conversations about death and dying on the table so that the focus can shift to living the time you have left.

Also, in case you're reading this and it helps with the challenge of "receiving," I find that offers of help are that person's gift to you and accepting their gift, whether it's compliments, kind words or offers of help, really does as much or more for them than it does for you. It's not only a gift in return to them for you to accept the help, it let's the giver have the sense of being able "do" something and alleviate the helplessness. (That was rather rambling, but you get the drift.)

You're in my thoughts,
Sally

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

08 Feb 2012 15:31 #29 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I just read your blog and I found myself thinking "how would I respond to this?" in reading your journey. I don't know how I would handle this kind of news. It is important work you are doing by sharing this. It speaks volumes about who you are: to be so clear in your thoughts and so honest in your feelings.
When my dad died from lung cancer, I did not feel sad, I felt joy. I know that may sound strange to some, but I knew that his pain and suffering were done. I knew it was not about me, but about him and I felt joyful for him. We made sure that he knew that we (my sister and I) were there with mom and that we were going to be OK. I think he needed to know that to go peacefully. I share this because maybe it is something that you need right now. I know from reading, that you worry about your husband and little ones. I hope that you get the peace that you need. I am very sorry this is happening to you.

08 Feb 2012 18:39 #30 by Sunshine Girl

homeagain wrote: You are absolutely awesome in this courageous act of communication. I thought I was the ONLY one that found the "fight the good
fight" thought-process tire-some. I watched Farrah Fawcett's documentary,and could only think......dying with grace and mindfulness
would have been a more humane exit. (I understand every individual has their own method of coming to FULL understanding,but truly,
mindfulness,for me, seems to be the better path)....your chronicles of your journey to the "light" will be such a lasting gift. THANK YOU,AV for your gracious gift. :heart:

I just heard about this. I read your blog and it made my cry. The entry about your sons arguing about the cereal touched me because I have kids at that age and I can see them doing that. Count us in to be here with you and for you. :heart: :heart: :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds