One more reason to not care about politics anymore...

20 Feb 2012 17:42 #51 by bailey bud
Very sorry to read about the results.....

"we don't beat the reaper by living longer..... we beat the reaper by living well."
Randy Pausch

You have my admiration, respect, and prayers.

Blessings from durango.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2012 13:14 #52 by homeagain
Just an update,AV met with the oncologist on Wed. and went in on Friday to get a meds delivery system in place.......the real
journey is NOW beginning........she has not updated for today (sat.)...... :Smileflower:

01 Mar 2012 12:46 #53 by ScienceChic
I saw this story in the Mountain Connection the other day and it made me think of AV. Reading her blog, she's been too tired to do much of anything lately, but should that pass, maybe taking up a hobby that was on the "always wanted to do list" would be therapeutic?

I'm glad you're feeling better today AV. Still pulling for ya!
http://zenofgradualness.com/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Mar 2012 06:01 #54 by homeagain
Ellen,there IS choice. By asking your doctors, family and friends to honor you and allow you to exit with peace and grace. I do
not know you personally (only thru PC and 285bbound) but my being is beside you and standing in the fire with you. :heart:

03 Mar 2012 09:27 #55 by ScienceChic
I've continued following AV's blog, and the comments she's receiving, and when I stumbled across this story, I thought it might be good advice. Any additional advice from those of you who've lived with cancer?

10 Things Not to Say to a Cancer Patient
Suleika Jaouad
Posted: 01/20/2012

When I was diagnosed with leukemia last May, I couldn't imagine what lay ahead for me. But navigating the social dynamics of living with cancer -- communicating with family and friends about my diagnosis, symptoms, fears and hopes -- was a challenge I did not expect.

The oncology world is overdue for an etiquette guide. As a commenter noted on my blog, unless you're Seth Rogen in 50/50, there's no script for what to say to someone with a life-threatening illness. But if you can avoid saying these 10 things, you're off to a good start:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2012 16:10 #56 by PrintSmith
On the eve of the election, I just wanted to take a moment and remember Ellen. I have had no word of her or her condition for many months now, but she is still in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis.

I ask that each of you, in your own way, remember her as well. She didn't think that she would live to see tomorrow arrive and it is my most fervent hope that in this she was wrong and that she is still among us and able to participate in this year's elections.

I know that I have missed her contributions and her voice here over the course of the last several months and it seemed somehow appropriate to revive this thread in her honor.

May God Bless you and keep you always close to Him Ellen.

05 Nov 2012 17:35 #57 by homeagain
:Thanks: :heart: It sure puts things in perspective (When I saw the thread reappear, I was elated for a brief moment.)

05 Nov 2012 17:40 #58 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic One more reason to not care about politics anymore...

AspenValley wrote: Some of you may have noticed that a year or so ago, I stopped having much, if any, faith in a political "solution" to our nation's problems. Recently, something has happened in my life which has given me a perspective that only confirms to me what a waste of time believing in political solutions really is, let alone hurling insults and arguments back and forth over a make-believe game .

I've been trying to tell them this for 2 years now.They think i'm just a troll

06 Nov 2012 09:08 #59 by TPP
Shut the hell up, brock-head, or is it big dung today.
You got a man crash on him or what?

BTW, you are a troll...

I think I need a poll on this one.....

06 Nov 2012 09:35 #60 by Rick
This thread is about PV (Ellen) and should stay that way. When I say this thread pop up again, I was a little scared to know why... I hope she is doing well with her fight. Thanks PS for reminding all of us what really matters in the end... we should all be more concerned about of friends, family, and neighbors than any politician.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds