One more reason to not care about politics anymore...

08 Feb 2012 20:25 #31 by Rockdoc
AV, I'm so very sorry. Steve Jobs once said that if you looked in the mirror and knew it was the last day of your life, what would you do? At such points the trivial political engagements pale to what is really important. My words pale in light of what you face. I send you my support and courage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2012 21:29 #32 by ScienceChic
On the Dom and Jane Morning Show this morning on Mix 100, the last callers of the day segment topic was "What would your last words be?"
The winner said "I'll save you a seat"
The funny one was "You know, I never really liked you either, but thanks for stopping by!"

In light of this thread, it got me to thinking what I would say. Assuming that my family was there, it would have to be "Thank you and sorry I'm leaving you so soon"
For their love, for my great life, for being there for me.

What would your last words be?

This article also seemed timely and appropriate. I thought in light of AV's comments that too often we shut out the voices of the dying, that it would be good to delve into this subject more, reflect on our own lives, and allow AV a voice/an outlet with us; if I am overstepping my bounds, or causing discomfort with this subject, my humblest apologies and please let me know.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... -the-dying
Top five regrets of the dying
A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. What would your biggest regret be if this was your last day of life?
Susie Steiner
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 1 February 2012

Bronnie Ware is an Australian nurse who spent several years working in palliative care, caring for patients in the last 12 weeks of their lives. She recorded their dying epiphanies in a blog called Inspiration and Chai , which gathered so much attention that she put her observations into a book called The Top Five Regrets of the Dying .

Ware writes of the phenomenal clarity of vision that people gain at the end of their lives, and how we might learn from their wisdom. "When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently," she says, "common themes surfaced again and again."

Here are the top five regrets of the dying, as witnessed by Ware:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Feb 2012 07:58 #33 by Reverend Revelant
Aspen... if you need anything in any area... please email me. In real life I'm really a teddy bear... I only play a jerk on 285 Bound.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

09 Feb 2012 08:56 #34 by Sunshine Girl

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Aspen... if you need anything in any area... please email me. In real life I'm really a teddy bear... I only play a jerk on 285 Bound.

:like: I knew it! A lot of teddy bears try to act like grizzly bears, but there sweet side always comes out eventually. :heart:
Really nice post.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Feb 2012 09:37 #35 by Reverend Revelant

Sunshine Girl wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Aspen... if you need anything in any area... please email me. In real life I'm really a teddy bear... I only play a jerk on 285 Bound.

:like: I knew it! A lot of teddy bears try to act like grizzly bears, but there sweet side always comes out eventually. :heart:
Really nice post.

Thank you. I don't get many xxx's AND ooo's. But let's get back to Aspen :)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

09 Feb 2012 16:47 #36 by Sunshine Girl

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Really nice post.

Thank you. I don't get many xxx's AND ooo's. But let's get back to Aspen :)

:heart: :thumbsup: :heart:

I read that Ellen had her biopsy today and it went off without any complications. Now she has to wait A LONG 3-5 days to hear the results. Thinking good thoughts for the best results possible. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Feb 2012 18:31 #37 by Rick
Ugh...I hate waiting for biopsy results...I just assumed the worst so I wasn't so disapointed and then I was disapointed anyway. What I didn't understand is that everybody is different, and just because you know of people who did not get successfully treated, that doesn't mean the same will happen to you.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Feb 2012 07:31 #38 by The Boss
All our positive thoughts....bump....just feel wrong to let this cycle down to be replaced with politics.

12 Feb 2012 19:02 #39 by Sunshine Girl

Popcorn Eater wrote: All our positive thoughts....bump....just feel wrong to let this cycle down to be replaced with politics.

:like:

:heart: Thinking positive thoughts for you Ellen. :heart:

14 Feb 2012 12:03 #40 by AspenValley
Biopsy results are back. Confirmed pancreatic cancer, metastasized to liver. I talk to the oncologist sometime this week to discuss what few options there are.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds