One more reason to not care about politics anymore...

06 Feb 2012 09:48 #1 by AspenValley
Some of you may have noticed that a year or so ago, I stopped having much, if any, faith in a political "solution" to our nation's problems. Recently, something has happened in my life which has given me a perspective that only confirms to me what a waste of time believing in political solutions really is, let alone hurling insults and arguments back and forth over a make-believe game. Rather than go into details here, anyone who wants to know what this latest thing is can read about it on my blog.

http://zenofgradualness.com/?p=62

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2012 10:04 #2 by Kate
Oh, AV. I'm so sorry.

06 Feb 2012 10:54 #3 by netdude
Sorry to hear this AV, not much I can say except you are a tru one of a kind, I enjoy reading your posts and it's quite obvious that you are a person of intelligence and integrity!

06 Feb 2012 11:14 #4 by The 500 Foundation

06 Feb 2012 11:41 #5 by ScienceChic

netdude wrote: Sorry to hear this AV, not much I can say except you are a tru one of a kind, I enjoy reading your posts and it's quite obvious that you are a person of intelligence and integrity!

:yeahthat: :exactly

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. You have been a true joy to read here on the boards; we need many more like you!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Feb 2012 12:30 #6 by Rick
Sent you a PM.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Feb 2012 12:35 #7 by ScienceChic
AV, I just want to also say, thank you for not being silent, and for sharing this news with us. I loved this post in your blog, and invite you to make us uncomfortable - we certainly need it. This absolutely sucks and I'm pissed and saddened for you and for your family. I would be glad to come help clean your house and provide a little peace of mind! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Feb 2012 12:51 #8 by Rick

Science Chic wrote: AV, I just want to also say, thank you for not being silent, and for sharing this news with us. I loved this post in your blog, and invite you to make us uncomfortable - we certainly need it. This absolutely sucks and I'm pissed and saddened for you and for your family. I would be glad to come help clean your house and provide a little peace of mind! :)

:yeahthat: I'll be happy to come up there any help any way I can too....I've been lucky to get help when I'm on chemo, and since I'm feeling better for a while, I'd like to help someone else. Everyone should read AV's blog...most of us will be effected by cancer directly or indirectly in our lifetimes. It's important to understand the mental and physical challenges and to help friends and family deal with it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Feb 2012 12:58 #9 by homeagain
You are absolutely awesome in this courageous act of communication. I thought I was the ONLY one that found the "fight the good
fight" thought-process tire-some. I watched Farrah Fawcett's documentary,and could only think......dying with grace and mindfulness
would have been a more humane exit. (I understand every individual has their own method of coming to FULL understanding,but truly,
mindfulness,for me, seems to be the better path)....your chronicles of your journey to the "light" will be such a lasting gift. THANK YOU,AV for your gracious gift. :heart:

06 Feb 2012 13:42 #10 by PrintSmith
Thank you for the courage to share your news AV and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. May His Peace fill you in the time to come.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds