Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

01 Mar 2012 18:07 #41 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote: People here just flat out refuse to educate themselves about what ACORN really did, then have the unmitigated audacity to call Sherrod a racist? My grandfather told me once "the moment you're startled by the idiocy of those around you is the moment you join their ranks". I should know better…

Anyway, Breitbart...rest in peace. You were a tremendous success, but who ever said it was difficult to manipulate fools?

Don't worry... he has a really smart staff in place.. they'll continue to keep the liberal's asses in line.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2012 18:19 #42 by LadyJazzer
Did ACORN deserve to be shut down?.... No

And if people DID educate themselves, instead of relying on the usual propaganda sources, then they would realize that it was no worse than what some of the Republican 'Hitler Youth' have been doing for years.

...And the fact that Breitbart had to fabricate phony material to accomplish his stated goal speaks more about his lack of character than anything else.

01 Mar 2012 21:38 #43 by The Viking

towermonkey wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Probably too much internalized venom... It backed up on him...

He also fabricated much of what he published. No great loss...except in right-wing blogosphere, of course.

I can hardly wait for the stories to start spreading that Obama was somehow involved in his death... :lol:

This board just got too sick for me. Enjoy.

:yeahthat:

Totally agree.

01 Mar 2012 22:39 #44 by Mary Scott

Kate wrote: This is a blog post from Reg Henry, a columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The death of Andrew Breitbart — if dead he is, because it occurs to me that faking one's own death would be the ultimate prank for a prankster — strains the civilized notion that we speak no ill of the dead.

I believe in that simple decency, although Brietbart clearly did not. So in being generally critical of his life, I will stop short of calling him outright names but at the same time I won't heap praise on him. Those who do the latter, however, strike me as also offending some decent norm.

As the AP reported, Newt Gingrich tweeted: "Andrew Breitbart was the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. He had great courage and creativity."

In praising him in these terms, Newt implicitly condones what he did. And what he did was throw away any concept of fairness .

That courage and creatively took the form of dishonestly pretending to people that he was somebody else and then taking his victims statements completely out of context with the sole purpose of damaging them.

If this was done to Newt Gingrich by a mainstream media representative, he would cry bloody murder. But for Breitbart's admirers like the ethically challenged Newt, it was all just a matter of whose ox (or donkey or elephant) was being gored.

This is what communications will have come down to when the last major newspaper goes out of business. You can say that the old guard journalists are biased and get up to their own dirty tricks — and you would be right in some cases. But those are sins that involve departing from accepted ethical standards.

But Andrew Breitbart was not a journalist. He was a propagandist and that business does not have scruples that are sometimes ignored. It has absolutely no scruples.

Welcome to the future.

See, he deserved to die and leave a wife and four young kids behind.

02 Mar 2012 06:09 #45 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43
It seems to me that those SMART folks that started out as leftist, and then CHANGE to see the RIGHT WAY, are really pooped on by the leftist, as if they should change they're minds, and as if they are traitors to the leftist cause. The RIGHT WELCOMES ALL!!! Also wonder how many RIGHT-THINKERS have change they're mind-set and saw (whatever) in the leftist views? Sure somebody will let me know.

02 Mar 2012 07:21 #46 by FredHayek
I found out last night that people like Rush Limbaugh, Andrew Breitbart, and I imagine Arianna Huffington have to have their mail and deliveries checked offsite. Imagine to so hate someone from the Left or Right that you would attempt to kill them with explosives or poison?
And these people aren't even policymakers, just pundits and reporters.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2012 11:32 #47 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43
I have to laugh at the right-wing conspiracy theorist who think Obama killed Breitbart.

Don't you think if they were doing it to get the college tapes they'd make sure they got the college tapes before they killed him?

Like tapes from college are going to shake up anything. Bush's college antics didn't do him any harm when he ran. Remember when the right tried to make something of Clinton going to Russia when he was in college?

02 Mar 2012 11:36 #48 by JSG

FredHayek wrote: I found out last night that people like Rush Limbaugh, Andrew Breitbart, and I imagine Arianna Huffington have to have their mail and deliveries checked offsite. Imagine to so hate someone from the Left or Right that you would attempt to kill them with explosives or poison?

And how many cases have you heard of where this actually happened? Even the Limbaugh one was a mistaken identity.

02 Mar 2012 12:08 #49 by FredHayek

JSG wrote:

FredHayek wrote: I found out last night that people like Rush Limbaugh, Andrew Breitbart, and I imagine Arianna Huffington have to have their mail and deliveries checked offsite. Imagine to so hate someone from the Left or Right that you would attempt to kill them with explosives or poison?

And how many cases have you heard of where this actually happened? Even the Limbaugh one was a mistaken identity.

It must happen often enough that people are willing to pay for this expensive service.

So long, happy warrior Breitbart.

Now where are those college tapes? Still no transcript or grades from Obama. I have had to provide my college transcript when applying for a goverment job so why wasn't it required for Barack to run for President?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2012 12:31 #50 by JSG
Have Romney, Santorum or Gingrich provided their college transcripts, or been asked to?

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds