Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

02 Mar 2012 16:32 #61 by pineinthegrass
So far as Breitbart goes, I guess his three best known stories were Anthony Weiner, Shirley Sherrod, and ACORN.

As I recall he was attacked by the left when the Anthony Weiner story first came out. But in the end, it looks like he got that one right.

He totally screwed up with the Shirley Sherrod story because she did nothing at all wrong and the video he released was incomplete. It's not clear to me he was the one who edited the video, I think he said he posted what was sent to him. But he should of done more work to make sure what he posted was an accurate portrayal of what was actually said. I think there is still a lawsuit going on, but I haven't checked.

So far as ACORN goes, I don't like the type of "journalism" that was used there. But it's been used by others in the past as well and I think it's similar to what Michael Moore has done. But regardless of the deception and editing, those ACORN people still said what they said. He didn't move their mouths for them and put words in them. And I can't really feel sorry for ACORN because they had a long history of their employees (some were felons) committing voter registration fraud and there was embezzlement going on with a founder (or his brother) which seemed to of been covered up for some time. So I think they deserved much of what happened to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2012 16:38 #62 by LadyJazzer
He screwed up with ACORN, too... But that wasn't "journalism"--that was fabricated tripe.

02 Mar 2012 16:41 #63 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Obama, the stealth candidate, er, stealth POTUS.

And he's still the President, by a majority of the votes...

And it still sux to be you...

02 Mar 2012 16:57 #64 by Soulshiner
Breitbart posted a scathing obit within hours of Ted Kennedy's death. He deserves a full blast obit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/bl ... e-20120301

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

02 Mar 2012 17:14 #65 by LadyJazzer
Oooooo.... Nice one....

:like:

02 Mar 2012 17:55 #66 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

Soulshiner wrote: Breitbart posted a scathing obit within hours of Ted Kennedy's death. He deserves a full blast obit.

The knife

It cuts both ways

02 Mar 2012 18:06 #67 by Pony Soldier
Disgusting. Nice to know nh neighbors are such jerks. I actually had some respect for a few, but no more.

02 Mar 2012 18:07 #68 by Reverend Revelant

Super Malta wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: Breitbart posted a scathing obit within hours of Ted Kennedy's death. He deserves a full blast obit.

The knife

It cuts both ways

What everyone fails to understand is Breitbart would be loving every minute of the attention he is getting, negative or otherwise. That's what he lived for. And he wasn't afraid or bothered by the criticism. He was a gonzo journalist, he brought attention to the issues and he used outrageous tactics to make his point. And even after death... you're doing for him want he can't do for himself anymore.

Thanks for the help.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Mar 2012 18:18 #69 by LadyJazzer

towermonkey wrote: Disgusting. Nice to know nh neighbors are such jerks. I actually had some respect for a few, but no more.

Funny, but I lost all respect for many of the right-wing neighbors around here a long time ago. You'll either get over it, or get used to it... I have.

02 Mar 2012 18:29 #70 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Disgusting. Nice to know nh neighbors are such jerks. I actually had some respect for a few, but no more.

Funny, but I lost all respect for many of the right-wing neighbors around here a long time ago. You'll either get over it, or get used to it... I have.

We have. But that doesn't equate to keeping quiet when some left-wing jerk makes an asinine comment. You should be able to relate to that?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds